Do you own an Xbox?
yes
 80%  [ 8 ]
no
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

does anyone here own an XBox?

if you do, ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT HALO REACH!?

p.s. who wants to play halo 3 matchmaking sometime?
schoolhacker wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

Not even slightly. Couldn't care less.

Quote:

Not me. The Halo series is a rather mediocre shooter. It isn't even pretty.

Besides, shooters on a console? That's full of fail unless you're talking about Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the 64. The rest of 'em suck.
Kllrnohj wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

Besides, shooters on a console? That's full of fail unless you're talking about Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the 64. The rest of 'em suck.

normally i would kill anyone who insults the halo series...
but i can't find my satellite ip address localization orbital missile remote... consider yourself lucky...

btw... i played golden eye... it seriously sucks...
at first when you said that tyou dont care about halo, i thought you meant your a COD fan... i am fine with that... but now i just think your an annoying 60 year old guy...

explain yourself please? Evil or Very Mad
rcfreak0 wrote:

wow...
how the heck did that happen? Surprised

LOL
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

but i can't find my satellite ip address localization orbital missile remote... consider yourself lucky...

at first when you said that tyou dont care about halo, i thought you meant your a COD fan... i am fine with that... but now i just think your an annoying 60 year old guy...

This topic may get really fun to read now.

Also, Goldeneye on N64 was ace. Don't be hatin on a game because of the graphics/because you never played it.
comicIDIOT wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

This topic may get really fun to read now.

Also, Goldeneye on N64 was ace. Don't be hatin on a game because of the graphics/because you never played it.

i played it on my N64 emulator Very Happy
schoolhacker wrote:
i played it on my N64 emulator Very Happy
Ahh. That's another reason why it sucked. Spend the 40$ on an N64, a controller and a memory card and another 3$ for the game and you'll have played Goldeye the way it was meant to be played.
@schoolhacker: That's not a genuine experience, sorry.

Also, Halo is meh, imo. There are other shooter games that are better. It's fun, but it's nothing special.

I played the Reach beta on a friends' xbox, it was pretty much the same thing as Halo 3, except the BR was changed, and it had new maps.
I'm not super pumped for Halo Reach. The Beta was so-so; it really just seemed like a Halo version of COD.

I do appreciate the Halo series, I got hooked on Halo CE, bought Halo 2 at midnight, and was pissed when I had a new copy of Halo 3, but a RROD. I just think they are starting to lose their appeal.

Goldeneye was a Great game though... I had to bust out my N64 for some tony hawk 2... That's classic.

I'm more excited for Crackdown 2. I know most people got the original simply for Halo 3 beta, but it was a pretty great game.

What are your thoughts on Natal?
what!?
so i am the only hard core halo fan around here???
T.T sob sob...

oh well...
anyways... i have team fortress 2, half life 2, Gears of War 2, CoD 4 and World at War

some other games like portal, Geometry wars, forza 2 and stuff
schoolhacker wrote:
what!?
T.T sob sob...

oh well...
anyways... i have team fortress 2, half life 2, Gears of War 2, CoD 4 and World at War

some other games like portal, Geometry wars and stuff

I considered myself a halo fan... until I tried COD. Much more fast-paced.
Dh258 wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
what!?
T.T sob sob...

oh well...

some other games like portal, Geometry wars and stuff

I considered myself a halo fan... until I tried COD. Much more fast-paced.

no... i dont like Cod...
its really annoying with everyone been campers...
p.s. i edited my previous message after you quoted it
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck their going to do with project natal... It's either going to be a major success, or a COMPLETE failure, and I'm leaning towards the second one. I mean, how many racing games can they make?
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4479/633806919301503585halon.jpg

url cause I can
Dh258 wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck their going to do with project natal... It's either going to be a major success, or a COMPLETE failure, and I'm leaning towards the second one. I mean, how many racing games can they make?

what is that?

i have never heard of that game

could you post a screenshot or some links please? Smile
In general, online game play is the worst part of a game but it's a strong selling point. When ever I play Unreal Tournament with Kerm, TheStorm and the rest of the gang we have a blast but the thing that lacks is that we don't really team up as often as we should, but that's because we've been playing together for almost a year now and we know how to work together when we fail individually.

Online when you play with new people every match you don't have people to back you up or know any team tricks/familiarity and that's what sucks. I often find better play in Offline Bot based Multi-player than online, and never buy a game without bot based multi-player. Even if the bots seem to suck, they'll actually back you up more often better than human players and don't care about KD ratios so they won't ditch you to get health because a team point should be more important than individual points.
I used to play Halo 3 sometimes, but I got tired of the extreme lag and eventually lost interest. I also prefer FPSes on the computer and since on the computer, I prefer fast-paced ones, I opted for Unreal Tournament series instead of Halo.

That said I'm more into games like Starcraft, though, and when I play FPS'es I only play multi-player death matches.
hmm... perhaps i should try unreal tournament...
i heard that it is really good... yet i never got around trying it...

isn't it made by the same people who made Gears of War?

but ya... i defineltly agree with your ideas of multilayer team work...
thats why i try to have friends over for these kind of stuff...

and another reason i made this post is so that we might be able to play on the same time in an FPS game sometimes...

RTS team work is definitely important too...
schoolhacker wrote:

Were you even around when GoldenEye 007 came out?

comicIDIOT wrote:
In general, online game play is the worst part of a game

That's a horribly biased assumption to make.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours