Geometry Wars
UP!
 87%  [ 7 ]
DOWN!
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Geometry Wars is one of my favorite mini games and now its even on the TI calcs!?!?!?!?

the game looks a lot better on an actual calc then the screen shot

but ya.. who else here likes Geometry Wars?
i have it on the DS and Xbox 360
That game looks absolutely amazing, Original and Calc Port alike.
Reapex wrote:
That game looks absolutely amazing, Original and Calc Port alike.

glad you like it Smile
i highly recommend the TI version as well

though to my opinion i think the menu is a bit too simple lol...
he should have made it more flashy like the real game, since its a lot alike the real game once you press start Smile
Very impressive, is that your own work? Also, is it Hybrid BASIC, Axe, or pure ASM?
KermMartian wrote:
Very impressive, is that your own work? Also, is it Hybrid BASIC, Axe, or pure ASM?

no... i didn't make it... though i wish i did...
link is here:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/429/42952.html

i am still learning assembly Evil or Very Mad
KermMartian wrote:

I believe it is pure ASM.
Looks, good I'll have to see if it lives up to the origonal, though the control scheme may make it rather limited, we'll see. Its also a shame that it is 83+SE/84+/SE only, since its rather small I could see a lot of 83+ users playing it.

Edit: After reading the readme it appears he did a rather awesome job with the control scheme, +5 internets for him.
TheStorm wrote:
Looks, good I'll have to see if it lives up to the origonal, though the control scheme may make it rather limited, we'll see. Its also a shame that it is 83+SE/84+/SE only, since its rather small I could see a lot of 83+ users playing it.

Edit: After reading the readme it appears he did a rather awesome job with the control scheme, +5 internets for him.

yeap... its almost like the real thing with what the TI-84 can offer
That was by me. =)

Anyways, I was actually just going to let that sit on my computer until DJ Omnimaga convinced me to put it on ticalc.

For that reason, that's why the title screen is a little lacking.

I don't think I will ever get it working on an 83+ though because it actually lags 84's. I could cut the frame rate, but then the bullets would skip enemies even more than they do now. If this get's really popular, which it appears it might, someday I will probably try to optimize the lag out and add in the black holes.
Reapex wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I believe it is pure ASM.
Ah, glad to hear it. Smile

@Penguin77, congrats! Would you have any interest in some of the ASM gurus here taking a look at your code to help find optimizations?
Sure. I know there are all kinds of optimizations all over the place as this started as my second asm game. I was actually just looking at it right now and the spot that really has to be nailed is where each bullet checks with each enemy for collision as this runs about 1,800 times per frame in heavy traffic.
thepenguin77 wrote:
That was by me. =)

Anyways, I was actually just going to let that sit on my computer until DJ Omnimaga convinced me to put it on ticalc.

For that reason, that's why the title screen is a little lacking.

I don't think I will ever get it working on an 83+ though because it actually lags 84's. I could cut the frame rate, but then the bullets would skip enemies even more than they do now. If this get's really popular, which it appears it might, someday I will probably try to optimize the lag out and add in the black holes.

wow...
i have been praising your work for a wile now haha!
i love all the games you made dude!!!

Tetris Marathon has got to be a new milestone or something...
since something finally exceeded the old Ztetris is both game play and graphics!

and NOW THIS!!! WOOO!!

all i can say is i love you dude! XD

p.s. speaking of which... some of your previous games such as missile and black out crashes on DCS7 haha Laughing
Thanks.

My guess as to why they mess up is because I use the extra ram page. I don't know how DCS7 works internally but I believe that would be the issue.

If that is the problem, Bubble Breaker, Z-Rox, and Missile should all fail.
Tetris Marathon > ZTris? Is this truth? I might have to get on that right away.
thepenguin77 wrote:
Thanks.

My guess as to why they mess up is because I use the extra ram page. I don't know how DCS7 works internally but I believe that would be the issue.

Doors CS doesn't touch the extra RAM page, so I can't think where the problem might be coming from. I'll try to remember to run your games through my latest development build and see what happens.
KermMartian wrote:
thepenguin77 wrote:
Thanks.

Doors CS doesn't touch the extra RAM page, so I can't think where the problem might be coming from. I'll try to remember to run your games through my latest development build and see what happens.

i tried them... his list works exactly right...
all of those mess up at some point and crashes the calc

so i am guessing that he is right about the extra ram page Smile

Quote:

but ya! you should definitely get Tetris Marathon!
it kicks a!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
elfprince13 wrote:
The only issue I got with Marathon is that it didn't let me select the level at which I wanted to start and blocks falling speed seemed extremly slow at the beginning. Otherwise, great game
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
The only issue I got with Marathon is that it didn't let me select the level at which I wanted to start and blocks falling speed seemed extremly slow at the beginning. Otherwise, great game

thats why you use Xton...
at first i thought its bad because of that as well...
but then after a while you will start to like the start from the beginning feature...
since me and my friends at school get really competitive with tetris highscores lol... and the first few levels is just for racking up points and to make as little mistakes and as much Tetrises as possible...

it gets extremely fast after a few minutes of playing too... Good Idea
I didn't really include the levels because they seem like one of those options that you always leave the same. For instance, almost every one starts on level 9. So what's really the point of having all the other levels. People will always start on the highest level, so I might as well have them play the whole game.

Besides, the first level takes ? ~20 sec to complete. Actually the first 5 levels take the same amount of lines to clear that it does to clear the 15th. And for like the first 8 levels, XTON is your best friend.
thepenguin77 wrote:
I didn't really include the levels because they seem like one of those options that you always leave the same. For instance, almost every one starts on level 9. So what's really the point of having all the other levels. People will always start on the highest level, so I might as well have them play the whole game.

Besides, the first level takes ? ~20 sec to complete. Actually the first 5 levels take the same amount of lines to clear that it does to clear the 15th. And for like the first 8 levels, XTON is your best friend.

thats exactly what i mean Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours