So after more missed deadlines than I'm proud of recounting, this article marks the first public release of a beta of the up-and-coming Doors CS 7, the next generation of the Doors CS shell for TI-83+/TI-84+ series calculators. Lots of bugfixes have been added, lots of new features have been implemented, lots of optimizations have been found and the memory freed immediately used for new features, and the third page that will be used for XLib / Celtic III compatibility has been tacked on. To quote the description I wrote:

"Doors CS 6.3 beta is the first development release of the next generation of the Doors CS shell for TI graphing calculators. It implements a variety of optimizations and fixes, as well as new features including Folder Backup across RAM clears, the ability to Hide programs from the TI-OS and the prgm menu, integrated TabFuncs, a new Properties menu, a MemoryPop feature to see at-a-glance the precise amount of free RAM and ROM on a device, and many others. It also implements much-requested fixes for compatibility with Nspire calculators. Please note that this is a beta release and may be unstable; a partial disclaimer can be found in the attached readme file. Also note that although this is a three-page app, the XLib / Celtic III compatibility libraries have not yet been added onto the third page."

If you have a TI-83+, a TI-83+SE, a TI-84+/SE, or especially a TI-Nspire, please toss this onto your calculator and give it a try. Chances are it has some bugs and stability issues, although I carefully fixed everything I could find before I released it. If you already had Doors CS 5.5 through 6.2, it will not auto-upgrade the settings AppVar, so it will in fact happily coexist with Doors CS 6.2 or lower. Remember, your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports help make the final release stable, awesome, and bug-free. I expect to release Doors CS 6.4 beta, which will hopefully include overhauled program execution chaining to support Noshell-style homescreen program execution, in late May or early June.

Download and Screenshots
Doors CS 6.3 Beta

KermMartian wrote:
include overhauled program execution chaining to support NoShell-style homescreen program execution

Woo. I look forward to finishing ADRIVE.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
include overhauled program execution chaining to support NoShell-style homescreen program execution

Woo. I look forward to finishing ADRIVE.

ADRIVE?

Have I missed something? =o
tifreak8x wrote:

ADRIVE?

Have I missed something? =o

I started on a program for DCS to allow the browsing of flash drives by way of MSD8x, and gave up when I realized that launching a new program within DCS wasn't really possible at the time.
ooo~

Then yes, eager to see progress start back up on this as well =D
Yay no more crappy Mirage!!!

P.S. I am sorry to the people who created MirageOS I do not mean to insult your programming skills Smile I just really like DCS
qazz42 wrote:
Yay no more crappy Mirage!!!
I really loved the MOS GUI. I still really love it. I don't really know why, the program list with folders was simple and the info readily at the right was extremely nice.

Would love to see a SE to change the GUI of DCS but I won't use it D: I don't use my calculator anymore. My sister uses it now Rolling Eyes
Just tested it, and it looks great! I think it is headed in a good direction Very Happy How many more "deadlines" do you have? We are just starting our finals and EOC exams now and my head hurts big time Razz
Nspire users, PLEASE test this release, especially turning off the calculator from the Doors CS desktop and/or APD from the desktop and/or poweroff from the DCS Menu -> Power Menu. Users are reporting conflicting things from various different Nspire and TI-84+ keypad OS versions, and I need to be able to quantify where exactly the problems first start. I've tabulated the results reported so far here:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Nspire_Compatibility

Edit:
:: TIFreak reported two errors, one of which I've been able to replicate so far. When choosing Goto on an error in a BASIC program, when the error occurs on a line of the program that takes more than seven lines of the display, the editor freezes. However, I had confirmed that simply using the built-in editor (without Goto) does not freeze on such programs.

:: Pseudoprogrammer suggested that just like F1 opens the DCS Menu, F1 close it again. I agree, and have added this to the To Do list.

Edit #2:
:: Successfully repaired the issue TIFreak8x found, along with a third one he found. It turned out both stemmed from Instant Goto improperly handling errors on the first line of a program.
The Nspire bug isn't completely fixed: I tried using the On button and it seemed to work. The calc turned on. However, when I pressed Clear to exit DCS after that, the calc shut down and didn't want to turn on again.
What is the Nspire and 84+emu os?
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It's the 2.0.1 Nspire OS with the 2.54 84+ emu.
Silver Shadow wrote:
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It's the 2.0.1 Nspire OS with the 2.54 84+ emu.
Thanks for that; I added it to the wiki on the Nspire Compatibility page. That symptom suggests to me there's a flag that's hanging around until the im1 interrupt catches it when Doors CS exits.

Edit: Crossposted from Omnimaga:

ZTrumpet wrote:
I found an error with DocDE6. When I save, it freezes. Here's a screenie. (The RAM Clear at the end was me pulling a battery.)

Is 6.3 safe enough to use?

Thanks Kerm Smile

[img]http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1268;image[/img]
For the record, I was unable to replicate this error.
I've just noticed that you made a spelling mistake on the Nspire Compatibility page:

Quote:
Qazz42: Poweroff from DCS menu is permanent. Nspire OS 2.6, Emulator OS 2.54

The Nspire OS 2.6 doesn't exist, so I suppose it's 2.0.
Silver Shadow wrote:
I've just noticed that you made a spelling mistake on the Nspire Compatibility page:

Quote:

Qazz claimed that he had 2.6, but if that's impossible, I'll change the page to say 2.0. Thanks for that, Silver.
I was thinking... he could've also meant 1.6. I guess it'll be better if you ask him directly.
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:

Quote:

Qazz claimed that he had 2.6, but if that's impossible, I'll change the page to say 2.0. Thanks for that, Silver.

Sorry i actually think it was 2.1.6... oops Sad

could not think of the OS off of my head Smile

1.6 and up works (no bug) everything 1.7 and up WILL have the bug...
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:

Quote:

Sorry i actually think it was 2.1.6... oops Sad

could not think of the OS off of my head Smile

1.6 and up works (no bug) everything 1.7 and up WILL have the bug...

The 2.1.6 OS doesn't exist. The latest version is the 2.0.1.
Solid! I'll take a look at this, however I don't think it will be regularly used... I LOVE my 89. Very Happy
Dh258 wrote:
Solid! I'll take a look at this, however I don't think it will be regularly used... I LOVE my 89. Very Happy
Thanks Dh258, let me know if you find anything interesting. Smile

@SilverShadow, @Qazz: Let's assume it's actually 2.0.1 then.

@tifreak8x: I still need to replicate your second out of the four bugs that you found yesterday.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours