My brother is deciding to make a game. He calls it "The G.L.O.V.E.S." It is about what is in Area 51: a pair of gloves with superpowers. The left glove can absorb energy, but only if the palm is pointed at a right angle to the energy beam. The right glove can then redirect that energy in the form of certain beams. To make it calc-worthy, he's gonna make it so it'll auto angle the left glove when you press X,T,O,n.

But he wants two ASM programs:

1.) ARCUNARC - takes input in the form of a string. For example, "UBOB" would unarchive prgmBOB, and "ABILLY" would archive prgmBILLY. This is all he wants it to do.

2.) FONTCNGE - would edit the Omnicalc appvar to use a certain font. If the OmniCalc appvar does not exist or the program specified is not a font, it does nothing.
I personally don't know ASM, so I'm of no help, but these both seem like rather simple programs. Perhaps you could try to learn ASM yourself and do these? It'd benefit you down the road as a calc programmer.

I believe that archiving and unarchiving is a simple bcall, along with reading from a variable, but I may be mistaken.

The omnicalc one will be a bit trickier, but should still be possible.

If you want to learn, ASM in 28 days is pretty much the de-facto standard for learning it.
maybe you could try celtic 2? It has the ability to read and write to appvars and programs outside archive, move programs and appvars to and from flash, and a few other small things.

And I just checked, pokemon purple is the only place as far as Iambian and myself knows that you can locate this file, however, option #8 in the readme does NOT work.
tifreak8x wrote:
maybe you could try celtic 2? It has the ability to read and write to appvars and programs outside archive, move programs and appvars to and from flash, and a few other small things.

And I just checked, pokemon purple is the only place as far as Iambian and myself knows that you can locate this file, however, option #8 in the readme does NOT work.

NO, he wants a nonapp to do this.
It isn't an application.. It is a program roughly 800 bytes in size =/
tifreak8x wrote:

hmm... does it take input in the form of "U/A-progname"?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/382/38297.html

Check out pokepur/Pokemon Purple/Documentation/Celtic2 ReadMe.txt there within that page that is linked to see how celtic2 works. The syntaxes work by putting the name of the program/appvar in Str0, and what you want to do you store a value to Theta. Again tho, that readme is for 2.4, I use 2.2, which has one less function, but that function didn't even work in 2.4 so yeah.

It's an awesome program tho, I love it.
tifreak8x wrote:
pokemon purple is the only place as far as Iambian and myself knows that you can locate this file
as well as Omni

(I think Iambian definitively need to upload his Celtic III stuff on ticalc too (and maybe Cemetech?). It's annoying to be forced to register an account (and validate it, which fails with some e-mail providers) just to download an attachment on UTI)
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I'd be happy to write the unarchive/archive program, that's pretty easy. Where does Omnicalc store the current font in use? If you can figure that out, I can make the second one too.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:

1.) ARCUNARC - takes input in the form of a string. For example, "UBOB" would unarchive prgmBOB, and "ABILLY" would archive prgmBILLY. This is all he wants it to do.

CODEX. It's slower, and less frequently used, but it does exactly that.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I'd be happy to write the unarchive/archive program, that's pretty easy. Where does Omnicalc store the current font in use? If you can figure that out, I can make the second one too.
Why can't this be in one program? It'd be easy as checking a prefix: U/A for unarchiving and archiving and F for font.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

He apperantly doesn't need the FONTCHNG one. But he does want...

2.) LISTMNGR - takes input in the form af a string:
~ "U/A-listname" (un)archives the list named
~ "1/2/3/4/5/6-listname" stores the contents of list L(number) to the list named
~ "S-listname" sets up editor with the list named.
I know it doesn't make sense, BASIC can do these things. But BASIC can't do them with a variable listname, and Chris wants to let players name their own save files.
*actually I want a prgm that would unarchieve, run, then archieve a program.
And would take input in the form of "BILLY"->str1
then it would unarchieve, run and re achieve pgrmBILLY
yes speed is deffinatly an issue with this because... REALTIME is too
*then matt's version of LISTMNGR I'm okay with
more specificly though when storing to the list it will always store from L2
Im Bob wrote:
Instead of using Strings, if you never use the Ans variable, you can do the following:

Code:
:Input Ans
I forget the exact syntax for Input but that'll also work. I tend to shy away form Strings as they can be archived or used by other programs.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
pokemon purple is the only place as far as Iambian and myself knows that you can locate this file
as well as Omni

(I think Iambian definitively need to upload his Celtic III stuff on ticalc too (and maybe Cemetech?). It's annoying to be forced to register an account (and validate it, which fails with some e-mail providers) just to download an attachment on UTI)

I don't think it's a problem, considering you only need to register once, and UTI is a pretty central hub. A lot of people know about it.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Im Bob wrote:
Instead of using Strings, if you never use the Ans variable, you can do the following:

Code:

:Input Ans
I forget the exact syntax for Input but that'll also work. I tend to shy away form Strings as they can be archived or used by other programs.[/code]

the strings don't need to be kept track of because I have set asside the information in other forms
JoeYoung wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
as well as Omni

I don't think it's a problem, considering you only need to register once, and UTI is a pretty central hub. A lot of people know about it.
It can be an issue if you can no longer (or are no longer allowed to) register/login, though. But I guess then it's the person's problem if he caused his access to be removed from the site and can no longer ever download files.
Netham wrote:
I personally don't know ASM, so I'm of no help, but these both seem like rather simple programs. Perhaps you could try to learn ASM yourself and do these? It'd benefit you down the road as a calc programmer.

I believe that archiving and unarchiving is a simple bcall, along with reading from a variable, but I may be mistaken.

The omnicalc one will be a bit trickier, but should still be possible.

If you want to learn, ASM in 28 days is pretty much the de-facto standard for learning it.

I like this idea however I am not the type of person who learns that way I learned everything I know About programing by Disection and Trial and Error (And on occasion Trial and no-error)
but I'll try it I need to know what it is and where it is
Im Bob wrote:
the strings don't need to be kept track of because I have set asside the information in other forms
I'm afraid I don't follow. If they don't need to be kept track of, then why "store" them in a String? Why not use a temporary variable of which gets replaced often; Ans. The calculator uses this variable to store the last answer for a calculation on the home screen.

You can never archive Ans and thus you won't break your program if you store a text string to it.

Ans is the only variable that can store a text string.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
as well as Omni

It can be an issue if you can no longer (or are no longer allowed to) register/login, though. But I guess then it's the person's problem if he caused his access to be removed from the site and can no longer ever download files.

A new person wouldn't be banned for any reason, I figure. Do you have this problem?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours