ZTrumpet wrote:
I found an error with DocDE6. When I save, it freezes. Here's a screenie. (The RAM Clear at the end was me pulling a battery.)

Is 6.3 safe enough to use?

Thanks Kerm Smile

[img]http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1268;image[/img]

Looks real nice, but decided I want to make myself useful...

I tried DocDE6 like ZTrumpet did earlier and got the same issue.

I replicated this quite a few times now on the 84se, from both the opening and saving screen. One thing I noticed is that I could move the mouse initially, but the little line things got worse as I moved it around, as seen in the screen shot he posted earlier; and I could never get to the "x" in time to close is out. Like

My only thought is that I'm running the new 2.53 math print os, and that might create a slight issue.

I wouldn't be too concerned, as I'm not too sure how many people actually use DocDE6.

Overall looks great though!

Going to check out the background program in a bit, see if it still works.
Darn it why cant I get the number right?

So anyway

2.0-1.7= NO

1.1-1.6= YES!

If you need 1.1-1.6 click the below link

link removed, TheStorm.
this is too good!!!
i found a little bug... well... more like you forgot something

when you rename a file thats with in a folder it will pop back out to the root.

also the cursor default button doesn't work anymore

and i tried something funny...
if you have folders in layers and cut the folder in the root and paste it into itself, you have yourself some funny troubling stuff...
when you press back, it will go in a loop between those folders, and if you quit DCS to go back to the root, the folder you cut and pasted will disappear and be unaccessible. (along with the apps that were originally in it)

the only way to revert this is to delete the folder appvar and reset then the calc
Dh258, keep nagging me about it, I'll try to solve it after I figure out the RunProg Chaining stuff.

Schoolhacker, thanks for the bug reports, I have added them to the Scratchwork page: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Doors_CS_7_Scratchwork
KermMartian wrote:
Dh258, keep nagging me about it, I'll try to solve it after I figure out the RunProg Chaining stuff.

Schoolhacker, thanks for the bug reports, I have added them to the Scratchwork page: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Doors_CS_7_Scratchwork

thank you! Smile
i also noticed the cursor move movement change and how it accelerates when you hold one of the arrow keys

this is ingenious! especially with the new right click menu
Thanks, Schoolhacker. Smile

So to update everyone on recent happenstances with Doors CS development. TIFreak and Reapex helped me find some bugs with Instant Goto and the editor, some of which I fixed, and one of which I was only able to repair after heroic OS disassembly assistance from BrandonW. Qazz42 helped me find a few bugs, which I fixed. Schoolhacker found three bugs for me, which are on my To-Do list, but have been pushed back pending my work on the RunProg Chaining system. I completely reverse-engineered my existing routines that deal with program execution and the four ProgNameSpace areas. Today I designed an AppVar to hold the program execution chain during operation and the basic routines to manage the chain, implemented as a stack, then went ahead and actually wrote said routines in 143 bytes. Next up, I need to painstakingly work my way through runprog.asm, apguis.asm, and ap.asm, and replace everything that uses the static ProgNameSpaces with the new chain. Extensive testing will follow, and then implementation of the hook to perform chaining from the RunProg entry point. That will give me an opportunity to add homescreen execution, after which Doors CS 6.4 beta will be released.
Dh258 wrote:
ZTrumpet wrote:
I found an error with DocDE6. When I save, it freezes. Here's a screenie. (The RAM Clear at the end was me pulling a battery.)

Is 6.3 safe enough to use?

Thanks Kerm Smile

[img]http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1268;image[/img]

Looks real nice, but decided I want to make myself useful...

I tried DocDE6 like ZTrumpet did earlier and got the same issue.

I replicated this quite a few times now on the 84se, from both the opening and saving screen. One thing I noticed is that I could move the mouse initially, but the little line things got worse as I moved it around, as seen in the screen shot he posted earlier; and I could never get to the "x" in time to close is out. Like

My only thought is that I'm running the new 2.53 math print os, and that might create a slight issue.

I wouldn't be too concerned, as I'm not too sure how many people actually use DocDE6.

Overall looks great though!

Going to check out the background program in a bit, see if it still works.

wait... whats wrong with DocDE6?
it runs fine for me, are you using a TI-84 plus normal?
i am using the new OS with math print as well...
i just recorded a bunch of physic equations for school today using DocDE6 on the new DCS6.3, and i didn't run in to any problem like that.

edit: yeap... just tried it again... works fine... i can even go in to the folders and sub folders to save and open in them
It sounds like the problem is occurring with TI-84+SE's running 2.53MP. I can test it on that hardware / OS version.

Aaaaand, yup, I was able to replicate it on OS 2.53MP on a TI-84+SE. I have no idea what's causing that, but I'll add it to my trusty To-Do list.
KermMartian wrote:
It sounds like the problem is occurring with TI-84+SE's running 2.53MP. I can test it on that hardware / OS version.

Aaaaand, yup, I was able to replicate it on OS 2.53MP on a TI-84+SE. I have no idea what's causing that, but I'll add it to my trusty To-Do list.

hmm... thats odd... why would it only occur with TI-84+se?

the OS is exactly the same, and the only difference is more rom... Question
KermMartian wrote:

Did you try Brandon's patches?

schoolhacker: there are a lot of hardware differences, even between 84+ models.
schoolhacker wrote:

Or one other idea I can think of is that my 84se is a bit of a later revision, so I don't have access to all the ram.

This is what sparked the investigation into this nonsense, but that is my only other thought.
http://ourl.ca/3726
Dh258 wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Or one other idea I can think of is that my 84se is a bit of a later revision, so I don't have access to all the ram.

This is what sparked the investigation into this nonsense, but that is my only other thought.
http://ourl.ca/3726

that wouldn't make much sense either... since i have a newer version of a TI-84+, that doesn't allow as much memory either. I know this because can't run the TI-boy for this reason Sad

so it shouldn't be caused by that
Yeah! I've got to find a way to get this onto my [brother's] calc. You say it peacefullt coexists with 6.2?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Did you try Brandon's patches?

schoolhacker: there are a lot of hardware differences, even between 84+ models.
Unless he updated them recently, those only fixed xLIB compatibility, if I remember.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Yeah! I've got to find a way to get this onto my [brother's] calc. You say it peacefullt coexists with 6.2?
I do indeed say. The only non-peaceful thing is a few bugs, so if you want to wait for 6.4 at the end of May or beginning of June, there will be more bugfixes, homescreen execution, and probably more bugs introduced to replace the ones I fixed, since that's usually how it seems to go.
Not really. xLIB compatibility was just one of the symptoms of the OS's instability. What he fixed was actually a much bigger problem.

For more info: http://brandonw.net
2 bugs

1. the "open on start up" option does not work

2. calc2 and gcnet are not ensbled even when they are...

3. strange appvar called dcsmaxt or something apppears every so often

4. names might not be correct only giving the bugs off of my head

5. another appvar is one called "offscript" dont know where that comes from either...................
The OFFSCRIPT appvar is used by DCS to be launched when turning on the calc. If you delete it, DCS won't turn on automatically anymore.
stupid me
qazz42 wrote:
2. calc2 and gcnet are not ensbled even when they are...

Did those even do anything to begin with?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours