You know I don't even think any of this should be here, its not funny Sad
qazz42 wrote:
You know I don't even think any of this should be here, its not funny Sad

Cemetech is not a funny place.
At least not the Politics section Razz
One of my recently deceased friends had to use this to make the pain of cancer go away.............................
Alright, this is now degenerating into foolishness. It's becoming clear you people can't have a legitimate argument about something like this.

(These are in order)

@Lucas: You're being foolishly immature and you know it. I'm not going to say any more about that because it's self-explanatory.

@Elrune: Yes, you can run your car off of it. You can make a remarkably efficient and clean biofuel with hemp. It's produced in much the same way that ethanol is produced. Henry Ford produced his cars to run off hemp oil before the oil companies got to him and convinced him to use diesel and gasoline because it made the engine wear out faster.

@Lucas: No, you're not burning the plant itself, you're making biofuel out of it. When you combust it in the car, yes. Anything that burns releases something, but this is about how renewable, cheap, and relatively clean it would be compared to gasoline.

@Jimmg: I'm just stating facts. I am not trying to be egotistical.

@Elrune: Ok. Hemp is a near the most renewable, cheap and easy to grow plant out there. Countries all over the world bother with it. Over 30 countries produce industrial hemp including Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Great Britain, France, Russia and Spain. I don't know what you're talking about. People bother because it's easy to grow and doesn't deplete the soil of nutrients as fast as most other plants.
I want to settle this now: Industrial Hemp has less than .3% THC in it while marijuana has from 6% to 20%. .3% will not get you high no matter what you do to it. You cannot harvest industrial hemp for marijuana.
They are not a solution to those problems, but they are a way to bring ourselves away from continuing those practices. This is why we are using ethanol and whatnot.
I never said it would be an end-all solution. There isn't one as of yet. The best thing we can do is nuclear energy, but it's getting opposition from the people afraid of anything "nuclear". This isn't what we're talking about, though.

@DShiznit: I covered this above, you will not get high from hemp. Ever.

@Lucas: See above. Do some research rather than listening to what people tell you is true. It would do you some good.

@qazz42: Good for your friend. I'm glad he could find relief to his pain, and I hope that others will be able to all over the country, eventually. May he rest in peace.
CyberPrime wrote:
Alright, this is now degenerating into foolishness. It's becoming clear you people can't have a legitimate argument about something like this.

(These are in order)

@Lucas: You're being foolishly immature and you know it. I'm not going to say any more about that because it's self-explanatory.

@Elrune: Yes, you can run your car off of it. You can make a remarkably efficient and clean biofuel with hemp. It's produced in much the same way that ethanol is produced. Henry Ford produced his cars to run off hemp oil before the oil companies got to him and convinced him to use diesel and gasoline because it made the engine wear out faster.

@Lucas: No, you're not burning the plant itself, you're making biofuel out of it. When you combust it in the car, yes. Anything that burns releases something, but this is about how renewable, cheap, and relatively clean it would be compared to gasoline.

@Jimmg: I'm just stating facts. I am not trying to be egotistical.

@Elrune: Ok. Hemp is a near the most renewable, cheap and easy to grow plant out there. Countries all over the world bother with it. Over 30 countries produce industrial hemp including Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Great Britain, France, Russia and Spain. I don't know what you're talking about. People bother because it's easy to grow and doesn't deplete the soil of nutrients as fast as most other plants.
I want to settle this now: Industrial Hemp has less than .3% THC in it while marijuana has from 6% to 20%. .3% will not get you high no matter what you do to it. You cannot harvest industrial hemp for marijuana.
They are not a solution to those problems, but they are a way to bring ourselves away from continuing those practices. This is why we are using ethanol and whatnot.
I never said it would be an end-all solution. There isn't one as of yet. The best thing we can do is nuclear energy, but it's getting opposition from the people afraid of anything "nuclear". This isn't what we're talking about, though.

@DShiznit: I covered this above, you will not get high from hemp. Ever.

@Lucas: See above. Do some research rather than listening to what people tell you is true. It would do you some good.

@qazz42: Good for your friend. I'm glad he could find relief to his pain, and I hope that others will be able to all over the country, eventually. May he rest in peace.

after 5years of the world using hemp for cars would the sky turn rainbow colors?
I hardly want to dignify that with a response. No.
Like really do people need to have a discission on this???

I think it should only be used for med purposes not for fun, people have died END OF STORY..!!!!!!!1
People have never died from cannabis. People may have died because of the decisions they've made while inebriated, but the chemicals in THC will not kill you unless you have some sort of (very rare) allergic reaction.
And do not forget the people they kill..............
I find it hard to believe that many people go, smoke a joint and go out to kill people very often. But I think we can agree that most of the people who get killed, and that killing has some relation to cannabis, is caused by the drug trafficking business and the drug war, which are caused purely by the illegality of it.

The illegality can be traced back to many of the negatives of marijuana: The possibility of an inferior or tainted product (laced marijuana, etc.), going to jail for a small amount of marijuana, being killed over a drug deal of some kind. If we were to legalize it we wouldn't have all these issues, we could tax it to tap into the largest black market in existence and gain revenue, we could stop spending so much on police and DEA budgets in eliminating marijuana, and start focusing it on the truly harmful drugs, and free up space in our prisons. On top of all this we can start getting people help who need it rather than throwing them in jail where they are likely to turn to worse drugs, join gangs and start into dangerous behavior.
Quote:
People have never died from cannabis. People may have died because of the decisions they've made while inebriated

Wait, what? That doesn't make sense, they have died from Cannabis, because the Cannabis has caused their brain to be bad at decision making (like Alcohol).

Quote:
@Lucas: See above. Do some research rather than listening to what people tell you is true. It would do you some good

*8 years of schooling gets thrown out the window*
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1452117/Cannabis-is-blamed-as-cause-of-mans-death.html
Quote:
That News Article: Dr Guy said that death was more likely if users ate the drug rather than smoked it.

Osht!

Also:

Quote:
"We have always taken the view that cannabis is an addictive drug, unlike the pedlars who try to persuade us that it is harmless.
Lets quote that article again!

Quote:
Michael Howells, the Pembrokeshire coroner, said Mr Maisey was free from disease and had not drunk alcohol for at least 48 hours.

Quote:
Dr Philip Guy, a lecturer in addictions at the University of Hull, said: "Cannabis is not the nice hippy drug it used to be. It has been experimented with to produce stronger varieties." Dr Guy said that death was more likely if users ate the drug rather than smoked it.

Quote:
"I have not seen anything like this before. It corrects the argument that cannabis cannot kill anybody."

Quote:
"This highlights what we have been saying about the effects of cannabis all along. When will people wake up to the fact that cannabis can be a harmful drug? We have always taken the view that cannabis is an addictive drug, unlike the pedlars who try to persuade us that it is harmless. The Government's decision to reclassify cannabis is a mistake."
Didn't we do this same a thing with Alcohol in the Prohibition era, and didn't we have the same a problems?
DShiznit wrote:
Didn't we do this same a thing with Alcohol in the Prohibition era, and didn't we have the same a problems?

Times have changed.
I can imagin, while someone's high, "ohhh a window!!! better push my friend out before the room closes in on us" and this is the truth
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/detroit-officially-saved-fromdetroit/18543
@Lucas: They weren't caused by the chemicals in cannabis itself. It's all about the decisions you make. And no, cannabis does not cause the same degree of decision making problems as alchohol.

@Ultimate: Uh, sorry, but I find this article iffy, and it's very strange that this came out about a week prior to the UK's rescheduling of marijuana (TO A LESSER DRUG!). Simply because a man smoked cannabis, and died because of unknown reasons (after complaining of a headache, which makes this sound like a brain issue I.E. a stroke) doesn't mean that it was the fault of marijuana.
"According to the toxicological analysis of a British laboratory (Forensic Alliance) Mr Maisey's blood contained 130 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml) of the THC metabolite THC-COOH. THC could not be detected due to analytical problems. Dr. Franjo Grotenhermen of the nova-Institute in Cologne said: "A concentration of 130 ng/ml THC-COOH in blood is a moderate concentration, which may be observed some hours after the use of one or two joints. Heavy regular use of cannabis easily results in THC-COOH concentrations of above 500 ng/ml. Many people use much more cannabis than Mr Maisey did, without any negative consequences." "
(http://www.norml.org.nz/article383.html)
Once again, you need to ingest 1500 POUNDS (keep in mind that a typical user smokes about .5 GRAMS in a sitting) in 14 minutes for marijuana to be lethal. You will die of smoke inhalation before you die of the marijuana, if you smoke it. And before any of that occurs you will pass out. Oh, and this "High level" of cannaboids in his system? The equivalent of 1-2 joints.
Please don't let anybody forget that stories like this are made up all the time by people with agendas, who just want to get something done in any way possible. The US made up stories of sunken ships and fallen soldiers to push us into war. It's a dirty game, but it's played all the time, and we don't even bat an eye.

@Lucas: Marijuana is more potent per gram if you eat it, yes, but that's only because the process of cooking it is more efficient than smoking it. You will still need 1500 pounds in 14 minutes, and will pass out before finishing your brownies.
Huh, interesting, the guys trying to get marijuana out of the hands of people, or who are running a racial segregation ring (your choice of views), say that it's bad for you? What do you know!

@Elrune: "I have not seen anything like this before." Woah! Interesting that you just attribute it to cannabis then! Isn't it possible it was something else?

@DShiznit: Yes, we did, and what did we do about it? We legalized alchohol again. We should Re-Legalize Marijuana.

@qazz42: You've clearly never smoked marijuana. Despite the Above the Influence commercials you will not think the room is closing in on us, and you will realize how much of a dumb-a you would be for pushing your friend out of a goddamn window. Did your uncle ever push you out of a window? Are people in California and Amsterdam going around freaking out and pushing people out of windows? No. That's silly.

@Elf: Thanks for the interesting link, I wasn't really aware Michigan had passed Medical Marijuana.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours