Lucas W wrote:
Only way a vitamin pill will kill you is overdose or you choke on it.

Rolling Eyes
CyberPrime wrote:
You don't need marijuana, you want marijuana. It's fun. It makes things fun.
It allows you to explore different perspectives on life, and if used properly can be very therapeutic.
but once I did try it I realized what I was missing.
My social life really opened up,
I realized I wasn't happy at all as I was before, and that I had been lying to myself.
It helped me figure out the best way to live my life, and opened me up to a happier being.

I have not read a thing in this post all I know is that my uncle feels the same way Smile.

sure he didn't need it.

but he would not stop.

his own parents called the cops on him.

hes poor.

his life is ****.

his kids did drugs.

wife abandon kids.

then he started over.

got new wife.

new kids.

No matter what any one does this is the best example of how why not to support that crap.

wouldn't it be better not to do it in the first place?

his whole life/mental heath has been derailed because of one mistake.
Sorry about your uncle, but I doubt it was because of the marijuana. I know way too many successful and happy smokers to believe that this happens to everybody, because it doesn't. It's all about how you use things. If you're not responsible, or abuse something (anything!) it won't turn out well.
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/char0.jpg
CyberPrime wrote:
Sorry about your uncle, but I doubt it was because of the marijuana.

Guys, Cyberprime seriously isn't gonna listen. He is convinced, like any other addict or devotee (choose the appropriate word matching your opinion), that it is the best thing ever, and will find any way to support that belief. No point talking to him with intention of dissuading him, Ted. Liken it to trying to dissuade a chef from food.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

Guys, Cyberprime seriously isn't gonna listen. He is convinced, like any other addict or devotee (choose the appropriate word matching your opinion), that it is the best thing ever, and will find any way to support that belief. No point talking to him with intention of dissuading him, Ted. Liken it to trying to dissuade a chef from food.

Yes, because no one else really needs food.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

Yes, because no one else really needs food.

Good chefs cook because they enjoy it, and trying to persuade one from cooking would be hard - they believe in it. This really isn't a topic worth debating.
@Elrune: There are far too many people using it who are extremely successful for me to believe that people who use it are losers and won't go anywhere in life. One obvious example is myself; I am developing a video game independently, I have a job and am going to the best public school in my state, and one of the best in the country. This is hardly the life of a loser pothead.

Liken marijuana to video games. I enjoy them, I have fun using them, I can stop whenever I want, and they harm nobody. Perhaps there are some video game addicts, who should get help, but the majority of people who play video games aren't addicted. You are more likely to be addicted to caffeine and alchohol than you are to marijuana. So why is it illegal? (http://everything2.com/title/Relative+addictiveness+of+commonly+used+drugs+and+substances)

Absolutely it's worth debating; it's a rather important topic today. It could raise millions, if not billions, in tax dollars for the United States which could be used to get us out of this debt and would help stimulate the economy back to health. We could relieve our oil crisis, produce stronger and softer clothing, and start reversing the effects of global warming with hemp. This is not something to ignore as a bunch of stoners just trying to get high. This is about the world.
CyberPrime wrote:
Absolutely it's worth debating; it's a rather important topic today. It could raise millions, if not billions, in tax dollars for the United States which could be used to get us out of this debt and would help stimulate the economy back to health. We could relieve our oil crisis, produce stronger and softer clothing, and start reversing the effects of global warming with hemp. This is not something to ignore as a bunch of stoners just trying to get high. This is about the world.

Consider me a skeptic until I see it happen.
I don't see how you could argue anything I said. What aspect of my statement is it that you have a problem with?
CyberPrime wrote:
I don't see how you could argue anything I said. What aspect of my statement is it that you have a problem with?

It is a future I cannot see happening.
"This is about the world."

Well, that's a shame elrune because it could happen, and all those things would happen, but people are refusing to acknowledge the possibilities.
Quote:
people are refusing to acknowledge the possibilities.

You need to...open your mind, maaaan! Its totally something that we can all do if we hold hands and smoke for peace, bro
CyberPrime wrote:
Well, that's a shame elrune because it could happen, and all those things would happen, but people are refusing to acknowledge the possibilities.

Can't happen if people aren't willing to acknowledge it. Also, it wouldn't reverse global warming if I couldn't power my car with it.
wouldn't the plant burn? and release Carbon Dioxide?
CyberPrime wrote:
@Elrune: There are far too many people using it who are extremely successful for me to believe that people who use it are losers and won't go anywhere in life. One obvious example is myself; I am developing a video game independently, I have a job and am going to the best public school in my state, and one of the best in the country. This is hardly the life of a loser pothead.
Egotrip go!
Quote:
Egotrip go!

Engines performing at 110% sir!

Lucas W wrote:
wouldn't the plant burn? and release Carbon Dioxide?

He is probably talking about some type of bioenergy.
Using biomass as a traditional fuel produces the same air-pollution challenges as other fuels. Black carbon - a pollutant created by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels, biofuels, and biomass - is possibly the second largest contributor to global warming.

Bioenergy in the new sense is growing plants for biofuel production. These include corn, and soybeans and to some extend willow and switchgrass on a pre-commercial research level, primarily in the United States; rapeseed, wheat, sugar beet, and willow (15,000 ha in Sweden) primarily in Europe; sugar cane in Brazil; palm oil and miscanthus in Southeast Asia; sorghum and cassava in China; and jatropha in India.
And the probability of using hemp for that is very low. No country would bother with it when legal plants which don't come with the risk of workers working with it having ulterior motives exist.

Examples of biodegradable wastes include straw, timber, manure, rice husks, sewage, and food waste. The use of biomass fuels can therefore contribute to waste management as well as fuel security and help to prevent or slow down climate change, although they are not a comprehensive solution to these problems.

To make it nice and easy, i'll quote Britain's Environment MP:
Quote:
Research into the potential of hemp as a biofuel crop suggests it is not currently competitive compared to other sources of biomass. However, hemp does have a number of uses. For example, as a fibre crop it is used in car panels, construction and as horse bedding. In addition, hempseed oil is used in food, cosmetics and various industrial applications. As a result, there is little interest in this country at present in growing it for biofuel production.

So it is useful, and used in some areas, but it ain't exactly the end-all solution Prime had in mind. Certainly not for power anyway. China won't be using it anytime soon, and I cannot see other countries following the weed-train.
If all your paper and clothing is made of hemp, what happens when you have a house fire? You'd get so high you couldn't care enough to move...
A bombing would kill everyone.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours