This tunnel-style BASIC arcade game is written using the Doors CS BASIC Libraries introduced in Doors CS 6.7 beta and available in Doors CS 6.7 beta and higher. In-game, use the arrow keys to steer, or [CLEAR] to quit the game. Avoid the walls as they narrow; reach the end of the course to beat the game. Screenshots below for your edification.

Download
DCSBL Race v1.0

Very cool!

Though there is one thing: while I realize that this is mainly a demo, you might want to get rid of the "working"-bar-thing on the upper right hand side of the screen. Gives it more of an assembly feel. Smile
Thanks rthprog. Smile Oh yeah, I totally meant to do that, thanks for the reminder. I'm going to whip up a quick quadratic equation solver for the lulz using the DCSB Libs, release 6.7 beta, and then I'll try to fix that up.
Say Kerm, where is 6.7 anyways?

You are spoiling the surprises of the Libraries Razz
qazz42 wrote:

As I said to rthprog, it'll probably take me 30 mins or so to throw a quadratic equation solver together, then I shall pack up 6.7 beta and release it to the wild. I hope that people will play with the libraries a lot for the contest. Smile
Very nice Very Happy

Those libraries are definitively very powerful
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Very nice Very Happy

Those libraries are definitively very powerful
Thanks DJ. Smile I'm using the DCSB Libs for the main menu, of course, DCS's optimized XLib routines for most of the in-game stuff, and the DCSBL pixel-scanning routine for collision detection.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

As I said to rthprog, it'll probably take me 30 mins or so to throw a quadratic equation solver together, then I shall pack up 6.7 beta and release it to the wild. I hope that people will play with the libraries a lot for the contest. Smile

Ah ok Kerm, thanks, also, Dj, yep they are super powerful.
I'm looking forward to seeing how people use them, particularly in terms of seeing what people do with them that I didn't even think of. Smile
I have found 2 bugs:
- at speed 3, you lose just after moving 1 pixel
- at speed 1, you can never lose, since you can go through walls and even out of the screen
Silver Shadow wrote:
I have found 2 bugs:
- at speed 3, you lose just after moving 1 pixel
- at speed 1, you can never lose, since you can go through walls and even out of the screen
Thanks for the finds, I shall repair them. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours