[/sarcasm]
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Purely a guess, I'm sure. You're talking with the author of DoorsCS, of course, so he must be completely clueless. In fact, we all are (except TheStorm of course). You see, even though we're all apart of this calculator centered community, none of us know anything about calculators, their hardware, software, softwear, firmware, or their related softwares.

Speak for yourself Razz
Apologies. I forgot my close-sarcasm-tag. Razz
ok ok i get it

now here is some more info

Msg: failed to open the USB device.
Cause: Check that the USB cable is plugged in and that the calculator is turned ON! Also, check libusb and usbfs for valid permissions.

which is followed by...

Msg: attempting to use a cable which has not been open before.
Cause: Internal error.

HELP WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
qazz42 wrote:
ok ok i get it

now here is some more info

Cause: Check that the USB cable is plugged in and that the calculator is turned ON! Also, check libusb and usbfs for valid permissions.

which is followed by...

Msg: attempting to use a cable which has not been open before.
Cause: Internal error.

HELP WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Ok, the first error means it doesn't see your calculator, IE its not turned on or the driver isn't installed correctly etc. The second error is caused by the first, it couldn't open the connection so it can't talk to the calc.
You should try uninstalling the driver and then reinstall it back, this usually works when I have troubles.
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
No, you shouldn't be using a hub, that's why I asked. Did you try my first suggestion?

no maybe i should try it
i wish TheStorm was here
he knows about this stuff but i will see if your idea works too
btw is your idea a guess or you know it will probably help?

No, I'm just pulling random guesses out of thin air, because I like wasting yours and my time. I certainly don't have real life commitments, schoolwork, research, or my own personal projects to be working on. Smile
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
You should try uninstalling the driver and then reinstall it back, this usually works when I have troubles.
For TiLP or for TI-Connect? I can vouch that this is a good strategy for TI-Connect, but I'm not sure if it's necessary for TiLP.
KermMartian wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
For TiLP or for TI-Connect? I can vouch that this is a good strategy for TI-Connect, but I'm not sure if it's necessary for TiLP.

You're probably right, when I have TILP troubles, I restart the computer or unplug the cable.
yes but how do i get it to regonnize the calc

i am using a emulated ti-84+ se (aka nspire with diff keypad)

could that be the problem

i want to be able to fix the darned problem before i get angry

yes my name is bruce BANNER (not really)

now funny stuff behind HOW DO I FIX THIS TILP IS MAKIG ME GO BALD FROM RIPING MY HAIR OUT!!!!

note : i THIINK i am using a hub i cant tell

if it helps do labtops use hubs only cause thats what i am using

so basicly if i am using a hub, how do i make it a direct usb
ok calm down.
1) Does the calc show up in the Device Manager?
2) Does the autodetect on the change device window find it?
3) If the answer to both 1 & 2 are yes and it still doesn't work then I'll ask Lionel about it as he has been working on the Nspire code very recently.
thats a yes to both

not i am not using the nspire i am using the backward cmpatibilty of it
Ok, just to clarify, so it still errors after you have changed the device to the correct settings based off of what the autodetect finds?
when i do auto detect it says "no device found" on the commmand promt
qazz42 wrote:
Are you sure then that the silverlink works, that the USB port it's plugged into works, that it's firmly seated in the calculator, and that the link port works?
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Are you sure then that the silverlink works, that the USB port it's plugged into works, that it's firmly seated in the calculator, and that the link port works?
As Kerm said if the Silverlink does not show in the auto detect screen then the driver may not be installed correctly. What is its description in the device manager? If it does not have libusb in it somewhere then you have the wrong driver installed, most likely the Ti-Connect one.
ya i think

do labtops have direct liinks?

that could be the prob

everything else isfine

also when i put the driver in should it have been TI GRAPH\LINK

or something like that

i renember it was in uppercaese amd had the word graph in it
If the Driver is installed correctly it should be labeled as "SilverLink USB Cable" and be in the category "LibUSB-Win32 Devices". If it is not then the driver is not installed correctly.

Edit: Also can you please work on using full sentences with proper punctuation and grammar, I'm fine with minor mistakes, no one is perfect, but please at least try.
Yes the description fits what I have.

I keep on getting the message

Problem is is that the USB Cable IS plugged in and the calculator IS on!

Oh and when TILP comes u afterward I get

The cable cannot be used.
Cause: the cable has not been initialized due to a previous/current error.

Really i Did everything i had to but i keep on getting this message!!!
YAY YOU CAN CLOSE THIS TOPIC

I finally got this darned program to work!!

whoo hoo!!
What did you do to get it to work so future readers of this topic know?
After I installed the correct drivers I had to restart, press f8 at the start-up screen, select disable enforcement of driver signiture and finally plug the silverlink cable and start TILP

done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours