DShiznit wrote:
Flash games generally use a mouse, but when they don't, all the more reason to use a netbook instead.

Read this: http://www.asktog.com/columns/082iPad&Mac.html#
So, Apple has formally asked for the device back, more or less proving it to not be a fake. http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-letter-apple-wants-its-secret-iphone-back
elfprince13 wrote:
So, Apple has formally asked for the device back, more or less proving it to not be a fake. http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-letter-apple-wants-its-secret-iphone-back
Indeed they have, and I'm a little lost on the part where Gizmodo gave the person $10,000, except it was $5,000 plus another $5,000 if Gizmodo reached a certain number of page views, or something.
elfprince13 wrote:
That was a good read.
elfprince13 wrote:
So, Apple has formally asked for the device back, more or less proving it to not be a fake.

Why would you fake an iphone? Am I the only person that thinks this entire thing is retarded? Does anyone really CARE that the new iphone is square instead of round? I seem to be missing the entire point to this story. It's not like they found the sauce to their OS. It's just a phone.
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
So, Apple has formally asked for the device back, more or less proving it to not be a fake.

Why would you fake an iphone? Am I the only person that thinks this entire thing is retarded? Does anyone really CARE that the new iphone is square instead of round? I seem to be missing the entire point to this story. It's not like they found the sauce to their OS. It's just a phone.

STFU, THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY!!!!11one
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Why would you fake an iphone?

The Chinese do it all the time (look on eBay if you don't believe me). Also, for publicity.

foamy3 wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks this entire thing is retarded? Does anyone really CARE that the new iphone is square instead of round? I seem to be missing the entire point to this story. It's not like they found the sauce to their OS. It's just a phone.

What people care about is that an Apple product was leaked at all before the official announcement. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Apple's internal security protocols for leak prevention, but they have been published, and are somewhat legendary.
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

The Chinese do it all the time (look on eBay if you don't believe me). Also, for publicity.

foamy3 wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks this entire thing is retarded? Does anyone really CARE that the new iphone is square instead of round? I seem to be missing the entire point to this story. It's not like they found the sauce to their OS. It's just a phone.

What people care about is that an Apple product was leaked at all before the official announcement. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Apple's internal security protocols for leak prevention, but they have been published, and are somewhat legendary.

So it's like the titanic sinking, except nobody died, and it doesn't destroy hope of a better future for the industry.
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

foamy3 wrote:

So it's like the titanic sinking, except nobody died, and it doesn't destroy hope of a better future for the industry.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Does anyone find it ironic that the news about the HTC Incredible was overshadowed by the iPhone 4G leak? The new iPhone leak was all over local news for christ's sake.

The June/July release of the iPhone 4G wasn't going to be that 'amazing' anyone, don't you think they might have needed something to put the focus back on them?

...or am I the only skeptic? Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
Does anyone find it ironic that the news about the HTC Incredible was overshadowed by the iPhone 4G leak? The new iPhone leak was all over local news for christ's sake.

The June/July release of the iPhone 4G wasn't going to be that 'amazing' anyone, don't you think they might have needed something to put the focus back on them?

...or am I the only skeptic? 0x5

I think it's time for me to reintroduce this video to remind everyone about the general tone of Apple marketing:

My biggest problem with Apple is their slavish dedication to using AT&T, the nation's WORST network, rather than using Verizon Wireless, etc (OK, I'm a Verizon fan). I'd rather get a BlackBerry any day anyway.
My biggest problem with apple is that their marketing has convinced lot's of people that they are too stupid to use windows or linux. Most of the other composers at my school are slaves to apple. Oh, and their computers don't even have a vga port, they have mini vga's and mini dvi's; but my classmates are too brainwashed to remember what they are called, "I'm not a computer expert, why do you expect me to know what a VGA or DVI is?" BECAUSE IF YOU NEED AN ADAPTER TO HOOK UP TO A MONITOR, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED, V-G-A, 3 letters, not rocket science, maybe if you weren't so brainwashed, you'd realized that.</paranoidrant>
I can't stand Mac OS, and most apple products.
The iPad looks like a glorified etch-a-sketch, and still falls short of a cheaper netbook in almost every way(and yes, before someone accuses me of not ever using an iPad, I have used one before for web surfing, it wasn't very enjoyable.)

me2labs wrote:
My biggest problem with Apple is their slavish dedication to using AT&T, the nation's WORST network, rather than using Verizon Wireless, etc (OK, I'm a Verizon fan). I'd rather get a BlackBerry any day anyway.

Verizon is meh around Denver, but then again, so is AT&T.

3G reception is crap on both of 'em here. D:
I get good service in Atlanta with AT&T. Even in elevators, which is kinda odd. I didn't get service in the elevators with Sprint.
me2labs wrote:
Apple is only "dedicated" to AT&T due to a contract where they must be a partnership with the iPhone into 2010, exact date is unknown.

AT&T & Apple were in negotiations to extend the contract into 2011 while Apple & Verizon were in talks to have a Verizon iPhone on the Market in 2010.
comicIDIOT wrote:
me2labs wrote:
Apple is only "dedicated" to AT&T due to a contract where they must be a partnership with the iPhone into 2010, exact date is unknown.

AT&T & Apple were in negotiations to extend the contract into 2011 while Apple & Verizon were in talks to have a Verizon iPhone on the Market in 2010.
Most Verizon reps aren't a fan of the iPhone until they actually have support for 4G networks since it will actually be slower than most of the other phones they are selling. And the Fact that Android is SOOOO much nicer than the iPhone OS. IMO the order of Mobile OS awesomeness goes somthing like this; Android, WinMo(Custom Rom), WebOS, Maemo/Angstrom/OpenMoko, WinMo(Carrier Stock), BB OS, iPhone OS.
Symbian OS? Palm OS?

me2labs wrote:
My biggest problem with Apple is their slavish dedication to using AT&T, the nation's WORST network, rather than using Verizon Wireless, etc (OK, I'm a Verizon fan).

Correction: AT&T is the worst in YOUR area.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
me2labs wrote:
My biggest problem with Apple is their slavish dedication to using AT&T, the nation's WORST network, rather than using Verizon Wireless, etc (OK, I'm a Verizon fan).

And my location, which I believe is "Earth. Maybe.." So AT&T is the worst on the whole planet!
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
me2labs wrote:

And my location, which I believe is "Earth. Maybe.." So AT&T is the worst on the whole planet!
You're hyper general geo-location may be Earth, but your location is generally the city you reside in.

I have AT&T with my BlackJack i617 and I get exceptionally good coverage in my city of the San Francisco Bay Area and I get as thorough coverage in a rural city of Maine as I do here. Cellular Service coverage isn't perfect, smart people buy a phone based on the service on their locations and places they travel to. Other people buy a phone based on how cool it is. Such as people in parts of the country where AT&T doesn't have great coverage. Those people buy an iPhone then complain it gets poor signals. Well, duh! AT&T doesn't work where they live! Rolling Eyes

Then you have people like me who are stuck with one carrier whether you like it or not because you can't afford a phone contract on your own and are thus, under their parents phone contract - whatever that happens to be.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours