let's say that it hasn't been accurate since before 6.2 came out, shall we? :p
huh what do you mean?
its something to pick on Kerm. He set a date to have 7 done by.. 2 years ago? and then kept resetting it, and finally let it spazz out by getting into the negatives. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
.... finally let it spazz out by getting into the negatives. :p
Which is something that has happened for the release of DCS6, 6.1 & 6.2 if I recall correctly. I think his record is -90 days until launch Laughing
no, it got to -200 something at some point.
I don't doubt it, actually. I remember seeing in the doubles and once it reached the hundreds the numbers were so condensed it was hard to make out the whole number.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't doubt it, actually. I remember seeing in the doubles and once it reached the hundreds the numbers were so condensed it was hard to make out the whole number.
No no, that was for Doors CS 7. Smile I eventually reset it to expire around the day of my thesis defense, so I would remember that if I hadn't worked on DCS7 yet, it was high time I started.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
No no, that was for Doors CS 7. Smile I eventually reset it to expire around the day of my thesis defense, so I would remember that if I hadn't worked on DCS7 yet, it was high time I started.
LOL NO WAI

We've been waiting this long! Wow. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

So does this mean we can expect the values to be reset again to give us a more realistic date to see an update? :p
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

So does this mean we can expect the values to be reset again to give us a more realistic date to see an update? :p
Indeed, that's the plan. Smile I hope that some nice betas won't be too far in the future, though.

Here's a object sheet with all the fixn's. I was originally going to write a new shell called ECHO (from scratch so don't worry) Using these images.The top is the monochrome color scale and the rest are parts to various buttons, scrollbars, etc. you get the point...Sorry it took so long, had to create a facebook.You might notice it has a vista like appearance (that's what I was going for...)
I forgot to mention the box with multiple boxes inside of it is an icon size box for DCS icons 16x16, MirageOS icons 15x15, and caption bar icons 6x6.

Oh, one thing a came across was that DCS uses 2 identical libraries for ION.Why's that?I mean, even if it has something to do with paging, can't they just be looked up some other way? (If this sounds like a stupid idea, it might be because I have no concept of the TI-83+ archived memory.I've yet to find any documentation on it yet...)
The Ion library is small enough that I get a huge speed savings from calling the Ion library local to the current App page rather than bcall'ing it to the 0th page.
But doesn't it kinda knock off the memory a little?

Oh, and I'm just saying, but wouldn't DCS drop a couple of thousand bytes if the all possible commonly used actions were routine-ized and the desktop ran using the GUI routines?

Let's speed up production, LET ME INSPIRE YOUUU!!!

S CS

Now wipe out those tears of joy and lets get rockin'!
That's pretty clever. Very Happy Anyhow, I got about halfway into making the new Options screen, and I realized that it's really not worth it, memory-wise. I did some searching, and the MainMouse routine is 1388 bytes. I could eliminate at least half of that if I switch both the Desktop context and the Properties Menu context to the GUI system (the DCS Menu already uses the GUI mouse). If I did this, I might even be able to run programs with Doors CS on page 1 instead of page 0, which might mean that the Ion libraries could get eliminated from page 0! More on this as it develops. Is anyone going to be heartbroken if the DCS6 Properties menu stays, perhaps with PROPERTIES written along the side like the DCS Menu has Doors CS 6?
Fine wit' me. As long as its functional. I tried promising myself I'd keep this idea to myself, but I think DCS would achieve a great deal of attention if it included libraries built specifically for gaming.Similar to xLIB.Possibly a basic parser as well? I was planning on using this with my new ECHO shell. Oh, and I not sure if anyone read my question on compression, but would it e possible to compress data by changing it base? Maybe a built in routine in DCS7 to compress and decompress data to base 256 would be a great way to salvage memory and possibly allow the user to compress/decompress programs at runtime. Who knows, maybe someone could write a program on the cpu to compress the DCS libraries to half size (UTOA ITHWA ETHA AGEPA NEOA (look in Websters piggly-wiggly-latino dictionary for more details...))

Code:
I might add that I found it easy to concentrate on a task when I have no leg to stand on. Trying ridding yourself of any previous data you have on DCS and then start.You won't have a problem with effort and the code should already be familiar in your mind.
It will have Xlib and CelticIII built in I believe. A basic parser is pretty complex(http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab195/WillW101/ParserDiagram-1.png TI's implementation WAY more complex still). DCS uses TI's parser to run BASIC. In a computer, everything is stored in binary, so you can't actually change the base of the data to use less memory. 253 is still %11111101 no matter how you display or handle it (well, there's BCD, where it would be 0253h, but that's more memory).
Will_W does indeed know what's what here. Anywho, I was successful in converting the desktop to the GUIMouse system. The hotkeys (1-6, clear, +, -, F1) and the *Pops (InfoPop, MemoryPop) still need to be moved over; I'll do that after I convert the Properties mouse stuff to the new system. Memory usage before and after:

Code:
Page 0 is 15156 bytes long (1228 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15763 bytes long (621 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 1576 bytes long (14808 bytes to spare)

Page 0 is 15155 bytes long (1229 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15883 bytes long (501 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 1576 bytes long (14808 bytes to spare)
xenonparadox wrote:
You might notice it has a vista like appearance (that's what I was going for...)

Looks more like various Linux themes to me Wink

Kerm, I didn't even realize you weren't using the GUI system for the desktop. That'll definitely be a nice improvement.
elfprince13 wrote:
xenonparadox wrote:
You might notice it has a vista like appearance (that's what I was going for...)

Looks more like various Linux themes to me Wink

Kerm, I didn't even realize you weren't using the GUI system for the desktop. That'll definitely be a nice improvement.
Thanks, I hope so. Luckily, thanks to some forethought (plus, actually, a lot of your help in needing features in the GUIMouse routine for iPaint), almost every weird feature like mid-mouse hooks and such already exists in the GUIMouse routine. \o/

Sidebar, in the ten minutes before work this morning I changed the "6" in "Doors CS 6" on the side of the DCS Menu to a "7".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours