..but its more like I'm new. So either way, just saying hi! Smile

And yes, I'm the creator of Axe Parser. I plan to release a beta in a few days so keep an eye out for it.
quigibo wrote:
..but its more like I'm new. So either way, just saying hi! Smile

And yes, I'm the creator of Axe Parser. I plan to release a beta in a few days so keep an eye out for it.
Welcome back! Be sure to announce your release here on Cemetech so those of us that don't visit Omnimaga have a chance to try it out. I'd also be interested in speaking to you to make sure that Axe programs can be executed properly from Doors CS.
Yeah I'm having trouble connecting to #cemetech. It keeps telling me I have to draw a picture of a cookie in ASCII to log in Confused
quigibo wrote:
Yeah I'm having trouble connecting to #cemetech. It keeps telling me I have to draw a picture of a cookie in ASCII to log in Confused
Haha wut? What IRC server do you use? Try irc.nac.net or irc.prison.net.
KermMartian wrote:
quigibo wrote:
Haha wut? What IRC server do you use? Try irc.nac.net or irc.prison.net.

irc.servercentral.net is where its at
psh... irc.choopa.ca!

Laughing Welcome back Razz
Whoa Swivelgames, I lost my place in your signature! Laughing Anywho, other than naming all of the servers on the EfNet Server List, I hope that I get to try out the Axe parser soon. I'm going to be trying to get my Doors CS 7 development brain cells back in action, So hopefully it will coincide with that.
You will enjoy the axe parser Kerm. It is pretty cool albeit a few things are a little confusing.
Yeah I'm writing documentation to hopefully clear up the confusion becasue currently there's no place to get any information other than looking through hundreds of discontinuous posts on omnimaga...

I found a working server now for #cemetech thanks! I was using efnet before.
quigibo wrote:
Yeah I'm writing documentation to hopefully clear up the confusion becasue currently there's no place to get any information other than looking through hundreds of discontinuous posts on omnimaga...

I'm rocking the irc.mzima.net.

Also, it would be sweet to see support for Axe built in to DCS.

Do you mind explaining the mechanism by which it currently runs programs? From the pictures I've seen it looks like they can be run from the homescreen, which seemed pretty impressive to me.
elfprince13 wrote:
quigibo wrote:

I'm rocking the irc.mzima.net.

Also, it would be sweet to see support for Axe built in to DCS.

Do you mind explaining the mechanism by which it currently runs programs? From the pictures I've seen it looks like they can be run from the homescreen, which seemed pretty impressive to me.

There is no support needed, as Axe generates no-stub assembly programs (and soon will support Ion headers)
Axe Parser just compiles programs. After that point, you can run it however you want, its just a z80 executable with no dependencies. I have it working right now to support No-stub, Ion, Mirage, and now Doors. Its me that has to support Doors, Not the other way around Razz

However, if you want axe source code to show up with a different icon than BASIC source code or something, the header is simply a period flowed by at least one letter or theta.
There are a few examples of programs Axe language can do:

Or also that Portal 2D clone
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1653.0;attach=1039;image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnV35jog1A

The first few examples are for the early versions of Axe Parser, though. And the first screenshot runs at 15 MHz speed.
So presumably it's not a parser, but a compiler, if it translates one language into z80 opcodes?
xlibman wrote:

[cool screenshots]

The first few examples are for the early versions of Axe Parser, though. And the first screenshot runs at 15 MHz speed.
Wait, so the rest of those are 6MHz? Or are they all running on the faster calcs?
Yes its a compiler, not an interpreter. Parsing doesn't imply that it interprets the code, it just means that it analyzes the source and translates tokens into machine code. Its one of the many steps of both compiling and interpreting (see Wikipedia article). Since the source code is token based rather than character based, I thought it would be appropriate. Also, it sounds cool!

And yeah, the rest of those are 6MHz. The speed is usually the same as regular assembly since the actual routines I've already highly optimized. The only drawback is that the code is a little larger than if it were just pure asm just becasue of inefficiencies. For instance, all math is 16bit.
KermMartian wrote:
xlibman wrote:

[cool screenshots]

Wait, so the rest of those are 6MHz? Or are they all running on the faster calcs?
Yeah the rest are at 6 MHz, and they don't really show the real speed of those games, since I set capture speed at 9 fps (for file size reason). A programmer had to put delays in his platform/physics engine so it won't run too fast.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours