I have been looking for information on an FIC KA-6100 motherboard. I need to know where what plugs where on the board. I can find everything except for the place to plug the power switch (I have the kind of power supply that doesn't have a switch built in) They have a diagram with their onine manual, but the text is illegible. The power switch plug should be by the bios, but I cant read the text by those plug spots because it is hidden under the bios holder. It also works with the other type of power supply (built-in switch), but I'd rather not to have to take a P.S. out of one of my older computers.
You know where your power light indicator, internal buzzer, etc. connectors go? It should be around there...if it's not on the silkscreen, then just try plugging the connector in that general area wherever.
Hmm, yeah, I agree with Pat on tha one.
Couldn't plugging the switch in the wrong place / across the wrong terminals wreck something?
it could, I guess
Quote:
Hmm, yeah, I agree with Pat on tha one.

Ahem, UD Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Couldn't plugging the switch in the wrong place / across the wrong terminals wreck something?

No, because they're all simply switches, so the worst you could do is make your computer restart or flash your case lights or something (if you have those).
Some of the plugs near there aren't for switches.
The plins are something like this:
##########
# Bios Chip #
#########
............ <-- Terminals
... .......
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:

No, because they're all simply switches, so the worst you could do is make your computer restart or flash your case lights or something (if you have those).

it IS possible to damage the mobo, tho HIGHLY unlikely.

Your best bet is to find the manual. The pin layouts for the front panel is always in there (thats where power switch info will be). Its usually on the very bottom, right hand side of the mobo - bellow/near the south bridge (the bios is often on the lower, LEFT hand side)

oh, and can you link to the diagram?
Mmm, good call, maybe we could help decode it.
Kllrnohj wrote:
it IS possible to damage the mobo, tho HIGHLY unlikely.

I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, this is my second best computer.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Your best bet is to find the manual. The pin layouts for the front panel is always in there (thats where power switch info will be). Its usually on the very bottom, right hand side of the mobo - bellow/near the south bridge (the bios is often on the lower, LEFT hand side)

I downloaded their manual. The diagram is unreadable and the chapter about where to put plugs is missing, they only give you chapter 1 and 2 (I need chapter 3).
Kllrnohj wrote:
oh, and can you link to the diagram?

I deleted the manual, and the picture is inside the pdf file,. I couldnt find a way to export the picture (I even tried "Print as image" and "Print as file").
I'm still searching for a diagram for it or a different manual.
I think I'll just redownload the manual so I can try to post the picture.

EDIT:
I think Ive found out where it goes:
Quote:
My ATX motherboard has two pin connectors for remote power-on - PW_SW, but in my [ATX computer] case there's only one button with two-wired cable. What can I connect to the other connector on the board? 2001/1/1
A: You will need a remote power switch to turn on the system. Please refer to the User's Manual for the location of the PIN header where you will insert the remote power connector. Look for RPW_SW --> Remote Power Switch.
Some versions of AT power have power connector that can be connected to a board and then a board with AT power can utilize RPW_SW as well. AT power supply with this option is usually more expensive than ordinary AT power.
Quote:
I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, this is my second best computer.

Dude, it has 2 ISA slots on it; how the hell could it be your second best comp?!
Because my best computer is a p4-equilvilant (or higher) AMD. Well not really mine, it's my family's computer.

Also, the p2 Hp desktop that we had blew out its circuts when we plugged it back in (So the other p2 is now my 2nd best computer).
:d Nicely done. Yeah, looking for an RPS tag sounds like a plan.
Quote:
Also, the p2 Hp desktop that we had blew out its circuts when we plugged it back in (So the other p2 is now my 2nd best computer).

Just the PSU though?
Sounds like it was the whole kit and kaboodle to me...
We replaced the power suply and the computer seems to work but there is no vid signal. I asked about putting a different card in to replace the internal one and all anyone could tell me is that you have to go into the bios screen and turn on "Bypass internal video". No one could seem to understand why I couldn't do this, even after I told them that there wasn't anything going to the monitor. (I asked on:http://forums.techguy.org). But I dont have a psu that will fit inside the case, the only other one of that type is to big.

I am going to email FIC and see if I can get some help with my motherboard.
Mmm, sounds like a bit of a lost cause to me. Sad
Did you replace the mobo of the dead comp? That usually does it...btw, do you still have the old comp?

As for your current dilema, now is a VERY good time to upgrade...
so wait a minute...you're trying to fix a P2 when a brand new amd-64 3000 system w/ a 6600 256mb video card is under $500????

jeesus, let the poor thing die in peace, lmao
Laughing ROFTL.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours