Well, as you all know, I went to Duluth recently, and I did not want to come back to this forum without a review of my time, so...

Quote:
Day 1

Today we drove from Cary to Duluth, Georgia. Kind of a boring drive; we drove to pickup my dad's rental car, and he got this ugly looking gold mini-van Razz Later we drove to this place next to our hotel called Gwinett Intl. Farmer's Market; it was a HUGE supermarket with people from all walks of life. I saw all kinds of new fruits and other foods that I had never seen before. In fact, I was able to find this in their meat aisles: Laughing [img][/img] It was like a Colombian, a Japanese, an American, and other countries' supermarkets combined into one; I bought many foods that I hadn't had for several years, and whatever else I could carry Smile They even had my favorite Postobon soda Very Happy Also, all of the food there was really cheap, even though it was from overseas. It started raining, so I had fun loading and unloading the groceries from the car.

Day 2

I tried Nair for Men today; it removed about half of my facial hair, so I had to borrow my Dad's shaving kit. So much for having 'silky smooth skin' :p Laughing I visited my old friend Jesus and his family, and he really wants a PDA like mine Smile Now that makess three people who want a PDA like mine. We also had a cookout at their subdivision's pool; BBQ rib pork is really, really good.

Day 3

Well, my Mom was tired all day today, so we couldn't go anywhere, so I played Zelda all day Smile I made it all the way to the final boss Very Happy When my Dad came home from work, my little brother and I went back to the International Farmer's Market to get some dinner. Apparently there wasn't a UPC on one of the foods that we were buying, so I had to show them where I found it, showed them how much it cost, and then they just disappeared for a few minutes, only to come back and punch in the price of the item Confused Oh, since we're on tthe subject of food, I've already drunken all 10 bottles of Postobon sodas I haad bought a couple of days ago Laughing

Day 4

Well, once again I was stuck in my hotel room Rolling Eyes I was at the final boss of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and was about to win when my game crashed Crying Then my little brother tried on his record, and won. Also, I *finally* was able to connect to the Internet through the hotel's servers Smile More on that later. Oh, and I found a store better than RadioShack for electronic components that I can just walk into Very Happy Going to check that out tomorrow.

Day 5

I went to Fry's electronics this evening; simply breathtaking. It was like a walk-in Newegg. That and everything was at a discount. The place had 84 AISLES AND 70 CHECKOUT LANES! I was only able to browse 7 aisles because I was short on time, but I'll be back! I also found an Anime shop, but it was closed due to storm damage or the owners on vacation or something. So I peered into the window and saw row after row of DVD's, Wallscrolls, Posters, etc. When I went back to my hotel room, I started looking at housing in Sunnyvale, California with my mom on my little brother's laptop. A house similar to mine goes for $798,000; our current house was $169,000. Hmm. My Dad and I did the numbers and in order for us to move to Sunnyvale without our standard of living going down, his company would have to double his salary. I'm thinking that we might not be moving Crying Too bad, because I would be 0.47 miles from my high school, a 9 minute drive from Fry's, and a 20 minute drive from Stanford University. Oh, and here's a link to the house I found online: <LINK>

Day 6

Well, today I found a site that sort of teaches reverse engineering, and also a ssection with oscilloscopes: http://www.bripro.com/low/gameking/index.php?page=video1

Day 7

Well, I went to Fry's again today and my mom forced me out again (which was unfair because this morning I went up to her with a plaan, and before I could begin she just said "Don't worry, I'll be there with you" And then she got all mad at me when we were at Fry's and practically called me a liar to my face, then we left and went to the mall for an hour. I had only spent 25 minutes there and half the time I was looking for something for Michael. I don't know why I keep trying to believe that my parents will keep their word Rolling Eyes I remember talking to my parents when I was 12, and I promised them that I wouldn't be bad when I became a teenager; I should've made them make the same promise.)

Day 8

So, went to Bahama Breeze for dinner with my family and the Bruzual
family, and it was a very nice restaraunt. They had all kinds of foods
there, and the servings were preety big. The place had a very nice
atmosphere.

Day 9

Today my family and I went to the Cola Cola Factory. It was too cool!
They had sodas, commericials, posters, etc. of Coca-Cola and it's
products from all over the world; strangely enough, there was no mention
of the fact that the drinks once contained cocaine ph43r I tried every
soda they had there; there was this one from Italy called "Bitter
Aperitif" that was rumored by the staff to be a very "interesting" soda.
I watched other people drink it and then spit it back out, and so I took
a large gulp of it, and nothing happened; my Mom was laughing so hard.
It tasted like some kind of a grapefruit soda; when we left the exhibits
we were dumped right into the middle of the gift shop; go figure Rolling Eyes
We then went to a place called "The Underground" in Atlanta. Supposedly
it's the old historical Atlanta which was burned during the Civil War,
so it had a lot of shops and exhibits and stuff like that. I did get
this really neat t-shirt that works a lot like those transition lenses
which change color when exposed to UV light.

Day 10

Not much happened today; we just drove back home, everything was smooth,
and I'm just glad to be back. Too bad school starts in five days though
Sad .

Let's see...I've already started school, which is going fine right now, I attended a regional TaeKwonDo tournament about two weeks ago (one of the larger tournaments that you can go to, the ones with the big trophies), was very boring, and I'm still waiting for them to ship me my trophy Mad. I also had my "mid-term" at the same place, and it turns out that my instructor was also having his midterm as well. I knew that my instructor wasn't nearly as good as I was, but when he couldn't even break his boards, I just thought how pathetic it was to see that (yet everyone else was clapping and cheering Rolling Eyes). I also made a hydrogen fuel cell yesterday in my R&D lab; it doesn't hold much current yet because I don't have a decent catalyst yet, nor a high current source at the moment, but it's promising Smile

And I know that you're all dying to have the Blockland Server up...well...my parents thought that it would be a good idea to buy new wireless phones for our house, and apparently they operate on the 2.4 GHz wireless band...anyone see a problem with that? It's preety big...anyways when I read through the phone's manual I'll fix that; I just don't have the time right now; Spanish IV is hellish Crying
don't worry, it isn't a problem at all. your phone and wifi can run at the same frequency, just like 2 (or many more) comps can all connect to the same wifi point right next to each other and not have problems.

well, at least, it isn't a prob for my wifi and 2.4ghz phone Wink

the worst that should happen is your phone might get some interference (staticy occasionally), but nothing too bad (hell, my friend has 5 2.4ghz wireless phones and 6 comps on an 802.11b/g network - no problems at all Very Happy )
you could go with the long range option and get a 5.6 Ghz wireless phone, we have one, man that thing has some range on it. Also i think it has less interferience when your using a microwave then a 2.4
We have a 2.4ghz phone, microwave, and Wifi, all on the same frequency, and the only interfrence is on the phone when the microwave is running.
I'd like to confess I didn't read any of that, but welcome back anyway! Cool
yeah, I really don't like ong posts, but that is me.
Laughing That t-shirt sounds pretty cool. So Ult Dev, let's set up the FTP and Blockland server. I'm PMing you now.
yeah, Blockland, Blockland, Blockland
rivereye wrote:
yeah, Blockland, Blockland, Blockland

Gimme a T! Gimme a B! Gimme an M! Whaddaya got? THe best mod for Blockland ever!!! Very Happy
you have go that right. Go Blockland.
Oh, I also ordered a KyleCorp. t-shirt when I got back from Duluth; it's awesome Very Happy Cool

As for the phone thing, I just had to reboot my WiFi router, and it automatically reconfigured itself to use a different channel Cool Now I just have to go back in and foward all of my ports again Rolling Eyes

Nice to see so much interest in this topic! Smile
ok, soon we will have Blockland.
Yayyy!
I still won't be able to play right away.
Still having trouble with your OS? Hmmm...
I am thinking about reforamating, and starting from scratch. My data is on another drive, and what was added is either nor really improtant, or can be added easily.
So it's been a couple of years, and I'm sure a few of you are surprised to see me back. It's been a crazy 2 years for me. If any of you guys remember my parents and I weren't exactly the best of friends, and that kinda peaked about 2 years ago. It was time for me to move out. I crammed 2 years of high school into one, took classes at the local community college and graduated hs a year early in '07. I then moved out to Raleigh, NC to attend college at NCSU (yeah, local college, but with all the financial burden on me I couldn't afford anywhere else; so much for busting my @$$ in high school). Right now I'm a Junior majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering and minoring in Japanese and Japanese Studies (hopefully I'll be able to go back to Japan after I graduate Smile) And in between all of this I had a bad weightlifting accident; apparently there's a reason for increasing the weight slowly as opposed to lifting as much as your muscles can take it, namely your tendons will fail. So here I am, deadlifting 200lbs thinking it was nothing, then I upped it to 250, no problem, then 300. Got about 5 reps done when I heard a loud pop and noticed that my arm was bent the wrong way :/ My shoulder (which had been giving me problems for about a year prior, always popping in and out of place at the most inopportune moments) finally gave out and my rotator cuff tore. It was a fun recovery to say the least (hell It's still not fully healed yet Razz) Luckily this happened after I left TaeKwonDo (I'm sure I made a thread about that already), so I didn't have to worry about that. Recently I have been able to do some light weight training so I'm hoping I'll be able to formally train again (I've been training on my own since I finished rehab (6 weeks in a sling, 6 months of weekly physical therapy visits) hopefully I can find a good martial arts school near me and not one of the several mcdojo daycares that litter the earth, but I haven't been able to find one for over a year now :/).

TL;DR version:
I've returned to these forums and while I don't code for calculators anymore (if I need a calculator I use a CAS like Maple or MatLab), I hope to still contribute to this forum in other ways.

Surgery pics:

Caution: Graphic, click with caution
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3635/3298944090_77ca078cc7_b.jpg
Cool! I've said it before, but I'll say it again here for posterity:

Welcome back! Very Happy
The Tari wrote:
Cool! I've said it before, but I'll say it again here for posterity:

Welcome back! Very Happy
Seconded, welcome back to the forums. I look forward to seeing your contributions.
the first thing I thought when I saw these pics was some sort of parasite infection, and the second thing I thought was "AAAHHH, Goa'uld in his SHOULDER"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours