I saw something that gave me a few epic idea's for TBG.

But Retail already beat us to them sort of...

My idea's were:

security camera's: some thing like... using the spy mode thing/free camera thing and mounting it to a camera brick or something in the corner of the room... or having a display of the camera's view on a brick or in the corner of your screen.

Levers: retail sort of style switches... you aim at the switch and click as though firing at it... so you don't have to run through the switch.

EDIT: also you know how we have decal bricks? would it be possible to import videos onto them some how and have a sound brick built in?
smarcus6 wrote:

security camera's: some thing like... using the spy mode thing/free camera thing and mounting it to a camera brick or something in the corner of the room... or having a display of the camera's view on a brick or in the corner of your screen.

Maybe the camera's view should be displayed on a decal brick?
that was what i was thinking... Smile
I think some sort of Picture-In-Picture would be more feasible for that...
what do you mean by that?
brocken image.
works fine for me, but w/e.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_in_picture
are you saying a picture in the corner of the players screen?
yes
Maybe when you get close enough to the display brick the PiP window pops up? Don't forget, every extra view would divide your framerate to less than F/V, where F is your original rate and V is the number of views. With the main view and one camera decal, you would get less than half the framerate you had before. With two camera decals, you would get less than 1/3 the framerate you had before. Of course, with some LOD tricks that could be allieviated somewhat.
You wouldn't have real-time decals at all, just a PiP of the feed you have currently selected, and you can only view one of your camera feeds at a time.
Interestingly enough RTB has beat TBM to both of these. I believe it was MasterLegoDude who made security cameras where you mount a brick somewhere, and use the wrench to view a camera from it's position.
RTB also had these "levers" as a default. Rather than walking through a non-collisioned brick you press E while looking at the "mover" AKA "switch". It would be very simple to make the fire command do the same thing as E.
Or just use b, which is used to enter vehicles. It would be incredibly simple to have it check for items, then trigger it if it's a switch.
I've had plans for security cameras for a long time (dating back to some test stuff in CAI), though I have still to decide on the precise implementation. I like the idea of levers too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours