Smile

𝙱𝚒𝚐 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗

that is a very weird but hilarious selfie, Alex 😂
How are those pictures possible? Is it a fisheye lens or multiple pictures stiched together?
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
How are those pictures possible? Is it a fisheye lens or multiple pictures stiched together?

Presumably these are single wide images passed through a polar coordinate filter in photoshop.
mr womp womp wrote:
ProgrammerNerd wrote:

Presumably these are single wide images passed through a polar coordinate filter in photoshop.

Close! It's all done in camera. The camera has two 190º lenses or something like that and then it stitches them together. This is what the camera looks like:

Fun Fact: The image where my heads looks like an alien, is right after the camera fell on one of the lenses and now it's been in for repair longer than I've owned it. The camera captured it's own fall on video and that image is pulled from the video of me assessing the damage; once I locate it I'll upload it and share it. haha.
Alex,

I looked up the device:

Someone wanted to know how to buy it:
Here was the answer:
Quote:

You solved the riddle to cross the bridge, then defeated an orc who carried enough gold to fund your purchase. A farmer came along and give you a ride into town. Along the way you and the farmer's daughter fell deeply in love and decided to marry. The ceremony took place high on the rim of a volcano where the white goat was offered as sacrifice. See the dramatic events unfold before you, you decided to hike into town to buy a means of capturing these events. Presenting the gold taken from the slain orc, you as the shopkeeper for an Insta360 One X.

Source:
https://www.amazon.com/Insta360-Flowstate-Stabilization-Independently-MicroSDXC/dp/B07GXBYYWN

I am slowly transitioning to taking pictures with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) lately, it seems. Since mid November 2019, I deemed four pictures post-worthy, and three out of those four were taken with a cell phone (and the fourth on a friend's camera). The optics are not superb, the focal length is fixed, but the sensor produces, in fact, higher quality photographs than my Sony bridge camera (not to mention, the firmware supports saving RAW files).

This one is already a week old, but I didn't get to cross-post it on Cemetech up until now yet. It was a hot summer day and I was relaxing at a lake with a few friends. Took this on my phone and later edited it on my laptop. Still lots of weird artifacts and stuff, which I mostly blame on the displays I was working on when I edited this. I was working with manual focus here, which shows clearly enough when seen on a larger screen. And the laptop is horrible enough that I miss most of the picture's detail when looking at it, which now pops up all the more clearly when looking at it from my desktop PC. Though I should get used to those, I suppose, as I don't expect to get many opportunities to go and take pictures with a "proper" camera anytime soon.
I just happened to see this thread by accident and thought I'd share a few of my favs from my flickr stream. I'm a film shooter who does all of his own developing, I'm slowly getting a darkroom set up. I still need to black out some windows and figure out some wiring.

First shot was taken in Red Rock Canyon just outside of Las Vegas last July.

This one is an old abandoned home near my house. I shot this on an Old Soviet 35mm rangefinder and developed it in Pabst Blue Ribbon, yeah I used beer as a developer.

And here's one more shot on a 1950's Soviet 6x9cm folding camera.

Those turned out really well! I was at Red Rock a few years ago, I think 2016? Had a good time there.

Those decrepit builds are awesome. I've been drawn to neglected building photos, there's just something intriguing about them. Have yet to really photograph one though.

Now that I have some space, I'd love to try film again but need to get my film cameras shipped out to me first.
Alex wrote:
Those turned out really well! I was at Red Rock a few years ago, I think 2016? Had a good time there.

Those decrepit builds are awesome. I've been drawn to neglected building photos, there's just something intriguing about them. Have yet to really photograph one though.

Now that I have some space, I'd love to try film again but need to get my film cameras shipped out to me first.

Thanks, I've actually done a few day trips where I just go looking for old buildings to photograph. There's lots of old barns and abandoned houses here in rural Ohio. There's an old Westinghouse plant about 20 miles from me that they started tearing down a few years ago. It took up about four city blocks originally. The city ran out of money and demolition stopped, I really need to get over there and get a photo of the ruins before it's completely gone.
Hi Kyle! I also take a lot of film and self-develop. What camera(s) do you shoot with? What film stock do you like?

I mostly use a Nikkormat FTn and Lubitel Lomo 166, and occasionally a Pentax 645 NII when my girlfriend lets me use hers. I've settled on Ilford FP4 (125) and HP5 (400 or 1600) for day-to-day usage. D-76 is my main developer but I'll occasionally develop using Caffenol.

Here's a bonus pic

img263 by Nikky, on Flickr
allynfolksjr wrote:
Hi Kyle! I also take a lot of film and self-develop. What camera(s) do you shoot with? What film stock do you like?

I mostly use a Nikkormat FTn and Lubitel Lomo 166, and occasionally a Pentax 645 NII when my girlfriend lets me use hers. I've settled on Ilford FP4 (125) and HP5 (400 or 1600) for day-to-day usage. D-76 is my main developer but I'll occasionally develop using Caffenol.

Here's a bonus pic

img263 by Nikky, on Flickr

I’ve shot with practically every common and some uncommon MF and 35mm cameras. I currently own a Pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5 with a 210mm 1920’s barrel lens, Moskva 5 6x9 folder, Yashica-Mat 124G, Nikon F3 with a 35mm f2, and a Minolta Maxxum 7000. I regret selling my Bronica SQ-A and Mamiya RB67 but the 124G is just fine. Having used tons of 35mm SLR’s the Nikon F3 has been my favorite by far.

Personally I preferred my heavy RB67 to the Hasselblad I had. I used it with a 90mm lens as my main camera for two years.

Favorite films are Tmax 100, Tri-X, ilford FP4+, and HP5+, also Fuji acros before it was discontinued.

For developers I’m currently using a batch of obsidian aqua I mixed up, I also use HC-110 and Rodinal.
Mmmm, that's a dope collection of cameras. I've wanted to get a bit more into the medium-tier Soviet 35/120 stuff but haven't pulled the trigger on any ebay auctions yet. My uncle has a perfect Canon F-1 that I need to finally grab from him.

I'd love to use more Tri-X but I cannot seem to shake an issue when developing that causes it (and only it) to develop a severe edge-to-edge curl after dryin that never fully goes away even after hanging with weights and pressing for weeks. Sad HP5+ is close enough that I don't miss Tri-X too much, but I slightly prefer the Tri-X grain.

Neopan 100 Acros II is SEXY and I always love shooting with it because it's just so dang amazing.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Mmmm, that's a dope collection of cameras. I've wanted to get a bit more into the medium-tier Soviet 35/120 stuff but haven't pulled the trigger on any ebay auctions yet. My uncle has a perfect Canon F-1 that I need to finally grab from him.

I'd love to use more Tri-X but I cannot seem to shake an issue when developing that causes it (and only it) to develop a severe edge-to-edge curl after dryin that never fully goes away even after hanging with weights and pressing for weeks. Sad HP5+ is close enough that I don't miss Tri-X too much, but I slightly prefer the Tri-X grain.

Neopan 100 Acros II is SEXY and I always love shooting with it because it's just so dang amazing.

I have had certain 120 films give me an edge to edge curl, and I've gotten slight curl on some 35mm. I've never had it be bad enough that I couldn't get it to stay in my Epson V600's negative holders though. Sometimes it's a bit of a fight but I get it in there eventually. I also make sure that I never build up more than 2-3 rolls to scan at a time. I'm totally not a fan of the scanning workflow, but I'm also too lazy to finish my darkroom. Which is bad because I could probably finish it in an hour.

Due to the lockdown we currently have no in-situ lectures at university, but I had to drop by quickly for some small business. As I was walking home on that foggy afternoon, I found this little fellow on my way and I just had to take a picture. I had to wait for quite a while until an opportunity to take the pic with no people in it presented itself, and even then I had to rush somewhat, as you can see a pair appearing in the background. But I definitely like how it turned out - it is quite different from the kind of photographs I usually take, which I consider progress. Smile
I have forgotten about this topic! Thanks for the bump.

I weirdly like this photo. Great capture!
I've adopted a cat!

Buddha by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Made it out to a sunflower field a little late in the season but still got some dope portraits out of it!

Sunflower Portrait by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Skin tones can be very hard to get right some times, but I'm happy with how this came out.

Sun(flower/set) by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Bought a red suit off wish.com for $17 and it arrived 3 months later. No regrets. It's a little thin but it's a great suit for photos! Which is what I bought it for.

Red Portrait by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

I want to get a photo on the edge of this cliff with the red suit, but I need to get some red shoes. I also plan to stand, rather than sit. I had to sit here because there was a tree branch directly above me, so I'll likely move to the rock in the foreground. This photo was taken on a scouting location. I was here earlier in the year and fell in love with the spot, came back with a photo friend to see what lens would work best as well as poses and framing. We sadly didn't do any photos on the nearer rock Sad

Cliff Portrait 1 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Same photo as above but with different color style.

Cliff Portrait 2 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Great photos, Alex! That’s a very shiny red suit... and thats a cute cat but it’s left eye looks a bit funny lol.

What lens were these shot on by the way?
Oh gosh, I can't remember all of them. I could look it up in Lightroom but I'll go off memory for now (Flickr should say, actually?)

• Cat: Sigma Art 35mm 1.4
  • Sunflowers, Me: Canon 50mm or 85mm 1.4 (or 1.8)
  • Sunflowers, Girl: Same lens as me (I only shot on one lens) and I'm leaning towards the 50mm.
  • Red Suit: Not sure, I think it was a kit lens that the photographer used.
  • Me, On cliff: 100-400mm Lens, somewhere around 220mm I think?

In regards to the eye, yeah. I believe it's a common trait among siamese cats. He's definitely a mix. If it isn't a trait of them, it's also a reason why I adopted him since I too have an eye that turns inwards (not the same eye, mine is the right while his is the left)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 42 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours