Oh yes I did...
WOAH PLAYSTATION GRAPHICS! Just Joking
Did you just subtract a rectangular solid and a sphere from a sphere, texture it, and post about it? Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
WOAH PLAYSTATION GRAPHICS! Just Joking

The idea is that it's really really hard to make a brush model this detailed. Meshes are easy, which is why they're replacing brushes in many engines, but I like the old fashioned feeling of carving a brush model from scratch...

KermMartian wrote:
Did you just subtract a rectangular solid and a sphere from a sphere, texture it, and post about it? Very Happy

Kind of, but with constructors tools and stability that requires a lot of patience to get those effects. Plus parts kept breaking and I had to remodel them.
Fair deal, then congrats and well done. What map are you planning on putting this in, Orbital Insertion?
Death Star Redux. It'll have a hanger too, and possibly other stuff, like the focusing chamber.
This sounds EXCELLENT. Nice work carving out the concave hemisphere. That was most likely a pain in the arse.
there are holes in the exported model, so I'm thinking of (after backing up what I already have) copying all the brushes, and placing them scaled slightly smaller underneath the existing ones. If even half the surfaces render on each, it should work.
So I'm honestly wondering if it might be better to wrap a mesh shell around an interior model of the corridors and hangars.....
No, because I want it lightmapped and have a skin-tight collision, which is a bit more difficult with meshes. I'll see what I can do at some point.
I prefer to model all my interiors inside of Cartography shop and 3D World Studio (Faster and much more efficient then mapping in Constructor) then saving as .map, then opening it in Constructor to export.
the problems I'm having are with the export...

Perhaps they could add an option to export what it thinks are hidden faces anyway, costing performance but guaranteeing no holes.
Use the texture null to manually set faces to not be rendered, a tedious but much more efficient way instead of letting constructor figure out which is which.
Can I even do that in constructor?
Yes, go into faces mode select a texture and hit apply.
then how do I keep it from removing pieces of faces on export? The holes on export aren't on the constructor model, it's a solid face that gets split for some reason.
Edit*
Found a fix that should work for you. First open up constructor find the systems tab at the top, click it and open the preferences menu open the edit tab and uncheck the Hidden Surface Removal box
So honestly, I'm wondering if you're using a different modeling program than Constructor anyway, mightn't a stock copy of map2dif_plus serve you better anyway?
elfprince13 wrote:
So honestly, I'm wondering if you're using a different modeling program than Constructor anyway, mightn't a stock copy of map2dif_plus serve you better anyway?

I use Cartography shop and 3DWS as I said in one of my earlier posts I then export/texture with Constructor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours