Images are sorted by date. The latest is on TBG, and is the menu i'm planning to use.

As you can see, i'm working on HaloTBG, and this is the latest build's menu. We'll see how it goes. I have the basic weapon's models, but I would just about kill for that weapons generator. Doing it by hand is torture.
I'll get more on here as I go.

Completion list:

-=Humans=-

Assault Rifle:
Model: Yes
Created: Yes

Battle Rifle:
Created: No

SMG:

Sniper

H6D Magnum

Flamethrower:

Frag Grenade:

Chaingun:
Model: Sort of.
Created: Not yet.

Spartan Armor:
Completed: Partially.

-=Covenant=-

Plasma Pistol:
Model: No

Plasma Rifle:
Model: Possibly.

Cov. Carbine:

Cov. Beam Rifle (Cov. Sniper)

Cov. Energy Sword
Model: Half-done.

Needler:

Plasma Grenade:

Brute Shot:

Brute Spiker:

-=Vehicles=-

Warthog:

Scorpion:

Banshee:

Shade:

Wraith:

Ghost:

Mongoose:

Any other vehicles are not included/have not been considered.
Woah, looks sweet Very Happy To what extent are you working within the FreeBuild mod system? If you have questions about anything I'd be more than willing to help explain.
elfprince13 wrote:
Woah, looks sweet Very Happy To what extent are you working within the FreeBuild mod system? If you have questions about anything I'd be more than willing to help explain.

I am and i'm not.
It will have to be a total conversion, but I will add the weapons in a modpack.
Unless you can overwrite the menu files with mods too? Confused
Of course you can. Make all your own menus, etc, and override the functions that set the content to MainMenuGui in your client package.
Very nice, although I'd be wary of using the name Halo for it since that's a bit of a registered trademark. Smile
Also, is it fair to say that your Halo mod would make good use of turrets were they available in the engine?
elfprince13 wrote:
Also, is it fair to say that your Halo mod would make good use of turrets were they available in the engine?

I don't have the model for the shade turret, but it would be interesting.
I was thinking even for the warthog and the scorpion.
elfprince13 wrote:
I was thinking even for the warthog and the scorpion.

Surely the models don't have that scope?
What do you mean? All you'd have to do would be separate the turret from the main structure, and make some rotate and lift animations for it.....actually, possibly not even that, depending on how the turret resource works. But you can mount turrets to vehicles, so it could be set up to be done, once I add them to the engine.
elfprince13 wrote:
What do you mean? All you'd have to do would be separate the turret from the main structure, and make some rotate and lift animations for it.....actually, possibly not even that, depending on how the turret resource works. But you can mount turrets to vehicles, so it could be set up to be done, once I add them to the engine.

Its a .dts.
Just a solid model of a tank/warthog, etc. Neutral
Oh, so you don't have access to the sources for it. Gotcha.
elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, so you don't have access to the sources for it. Gotcha.

At least, i'd like to utilize your fancy texture hack to retexture these things. As you can see, they don't look brilliant texture wise.

As for that sort of complexity, I think it will take a remodelling for that. D:
Do they at least have skinnable textures? (i.e. "skinname.texturename.jpg")

If not you'll first need to do some hex editing that I can walk you through.
elfprince13 wrote:
Do they at least have skinnable textures? (i.e. "skinname.texturename.jpg")

If not you'll first need to do some hex editing that I can walk you through.

I don't know, i'll check as soon as I get home. Would that be a texture that came with the model?
If so, then no. They're just colored shapes. Solid block colors with little to no lighting on them.

The Mongoose isn't, but the Scorpion, Ghost, Pelican, Banshee and Warthog are. I suspect the guy I asked to do it ripped them straight from the game and then edited them a bit, which is why they're flat, given no shaders.

-Edit-
Added content list.
Hmm, in that case retexturing could actually be pretty difficult.
elfprince13 wrote:
Hmm, in that case rexturing could actually be pretty difficult.

oh nooooo Sad
do you still have the original tob halo patch? the one with the helmet and stuff?
I do. Much of that raw content is going in here.
How is this going, btw?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours