Basically, some .bat or basic .exe which allows you to fill in fields and generate a weapon, with options for several explosion and trail types. Nothing fancy, and using the basic framework of the weapons file.

Just because making a modpack with 20+ weapons is insane when you're trying to get everything right and don't have the expertise of a cemetech coder.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Basically, some .bat or basic .exe which allows you to fill in fields and generate a weapon, with options for several explosion and trail types. Nothing fancy, and using the basic framework of the weapons file.

Just because making a modpack with 20+ weapons is insane when you're trying to get everything right and don't have the expertise of a cemetech coder.

Or......an in-game UI that constructs datablock fields, and then writes them to file? Add this as a mid-priority feature request on Bountysource.
No, no, no, this will be way overabused by noobs who think they're 1337 because they made 100 weapons...
DShiznit wrote:
No, no, no, this will be way overabused by noobs who think they're 1337 because they made 100 weapons...

They still have to get people to install their content packs.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

They still have to get people to install their content packs.

Exactly. And the time it would save would be rather handy.
n00bs always beg for uber weapons

OMG OMG OMG!!! this would be very helpfull... i was thinking of trying this in ToB when i learnt a bit more about C++ but also Dshiz is right, they WILL think there 1337 for making the weps... you should make a max power on it or something so they don't make them over the top and stuff, then blame us for it crashing there computer or what ever....
smarcus6 wrote:
OMG OMG OMG!!! this would be very helpfull... i was thinking of trying this in ToB when i learnt a bit more about C++ but also Dshiz is right, they WILL think there 1337 for making the weps... you should make a max power on it or something so they don't make them over the top and stuff, then blame us for it crashing there computer or what ever....

I've already put warning in radiusDamage that yelps if the impulse being applied by the explosion from a weapon is likely to crash the game.
would it be possible to make a weapon that starts as a orb, then grows bigger and bigger, destroying people and bricks? (like a expanding black hole)
Yes, lucas, it's possible. It wouldn't be so much of a handheld device as an item you can drop or plant, though, I think.
OH OH! lucas reminded me of a weapon i failed to make...

has anyone here seen star wars episode 2? with the siesmic charge, i was hoping to make some thing like that and it only hurt you if you got hit by the effects or whatever off it...

is this possible as well?

if you don't know what it is here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuzj_dICmw
yeah, there's totally enough material in space to carry a shock-wave like that...
elrunethe2nd wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but also for vehicles and other items. But I guess it's too hard for vehicles...
SpaceNinja wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but also for vehicles and other items. But I guess it's too hard for vehicles...

The plan here is for buildable vehicles.
SpaceNinja wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:

Thing is, you don't need to add 20 vehicles, although it would be neat to have something for that, I guess.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours