Hey Guys, I have a dedicated setup for testing and for general messing around on. If you want to play join anytime see topic title for the IP. If you have questions or comments just post them in the topic and I'll see what I can do.
Is it not appearing on the main server list for a reason?
CyberPrime wrote:
Is it not appearing on the main server list for a reason?

Yeah, Elf was working on that, I got it to show up for a short while and then it disappeared, I'll try and debug that some more tonight.
TheStorm, can you do this for me in your console?

Code:
echo(getEventTimeLeft($Server::HeartbeatSchedule));
Elfprince as I said on IRC having commands for interacting with users from the server console would be great. For example say() for general Admin interaction like hows it going and such and then an alert() command for server notices would be nice.

Also the server should now show up more reliably in the server list for those who want to join up for a quick DM or quick build. Again Questions or comments about the server should be posted here.

Note to Self use messageall('msgadminforce', "message here"); to message users of the server about stuff
Cool stuff, TheStorm! How stable is it? If I start in building something, will it probably still be there in a few days? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Cool stuff, TheStorm! How stable is it? If I start in building something, will it probably still be there in a few days? Smile

Kerm, we're working to fix a bug with saving build on dedicated servers, but also, as of right now, they clear themselves out if everyone disconnects, so I should get rid of that behavior too (or make it toggleable) to encourage persistent building.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Kerm, we're working to fix a bug with saving build on dedicated servers, but also, as of right now, they clear themselves out if everyone disconnects, so I should get rid of that behavior too (or make it toggleable) to encourage persistent building.
Ah, thanks for the warning. I'd say make it toggleable; I can't think why someone would want that unless they expect huge server abuse.
KermMartian wrote:

It appears to be stable, I haven't seen any issues other than not being able to save the builds and it randomly disappearing from the map list both of which will hopefully be fixed soon.

Also I may also setup a second if the want and need is there for another server. I will keep my eye on the server console so if you see random messages, those are from me.
I've added all of the official mods to the server so you guys can now uses all the funess they add. It doesn't appear that the build saving has been fixed but other than that Its very stable, elfprince is the only one who seems to be able to crash it.
It appears to me that the Admin Gui as of right now assumes the local machine to be the server instead of using permissioned server commands for several different administrative options, including saving bricks. my guess is that you'd be able to save bricks just fine from the dedicated server console.
I'm attempting to build a dedicated binary that's been stripped of the unnecessary GLU linkages for you Linux users.
Well I would just like to announce that I have re-setup my Dedi for all you folks, the server itself has also been upgraded so there should be little or no chance of lag with the new setup as long as my bandwidth doesn't get owned by anything.
TheStorm wrote:
Well I would just like to announce that I have re-setup my Dedi for all you folks, the server itself has also been upgraded so there should be little or no chance of lag with the new setup as long as my bandwidth doesn't get owned by anything.
Awesome, I'll have to stop by and build! Is it persistent, ie, does it load the temp save on start?
Awesome. Sounds exciting.

I need to update my version and I might be in there here and there just messing around Smile

Glad to see a dedi is up! Maybe once I finally get my dedi(s) up and running I'll throw up a server as well for testing Smile
Still not on my server list.
Bad Idea

I haven't updated yet. About to though; I'll let you know if it's not on mine either.
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Awesome, I'll have to stop by and build! Is it persistent, ie, does it load the temp save on start?

If I knew how to do that I would, maybe if Elfprince or someone would like to enlighten me no how to do so I would love to set that up.

Lucas W wrote:
Still not on my server list.
I have worked with Elfprince a few times on that and it is a bug in the dedicated code, you should still be able to join by putting thestorm.is-a-geek.com into the server join by ip box.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

If I knew how to do that I would, maybe if Elfprince or someone would like to enlighten me no how to do so I would love to set that up.

On ToB, whatever is on the server when the server closes gets saved into the temp save. You could just have it to load the temp save whenever it loads up and as long as it doesn't crash it will always be there.
Lucas W wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

On ToB, whatever is on the server when the server closes gets saved into the temp save. You could just have it to load the temp save whenever it loads up and as long as it doesn't crash it will always be there.
Hmm, ok. I will talk to elf and see what it would take to get that working for Freebuild as well, until then I suggest you iGob anything you wish to save for the time being.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours