For those who care, with the help of player_, I extracted the values of all the new tokens (also copied to WikiTI):

Code:
* AUTO Answer -- basic [EF 3B]
* CLASSIC -- basic [EF 38]
* DEC Answer -- basic [EF 3C]
* >F<>D -- swap between fraction and decimal [EF 31]
* FRAC Answer -- basic [EF 3D]
* logBASE( -- log to any base, logBASE(x,base [EF 34]
* MATHPRINT  -- basic [EF 37]
* n/d - normal fraction, numerator n/d denominator [EF 2E]
* >n/d<>Un/D -- swap between improper and proper fractions in MP [EF 30]
* randIntNoRep( -- gives a list of random integers, with dimension high-low+1 randIntNoRep(low,high [EF 35]
* remainder( --  essentially modulo, x % y, remainder(x,y [EF 32]
* summation <sigma>( -- <sigma>(expression,variable,start,end [EF 33]
* Un/d -- mixed number, whole Un/d numerator n/d denominator [EF 2F]
* ZFrac1/2, -- delta-x,y = 1/2, graph centered [EF 18]
* ZFrac1/3, -- delta-x,y = 1/3, graph centered [EF 19]
* ZFrac1/4, -- delta-x,y = 1/4, graph centered [EF 1A]
* ZFrac1/5, -- delta-x,y = 1/5, graph centered [EF 1B]
* ZFrac1/8, -- delta-x,y = 1/8, graph centered [EF 1C]
* ZFrac1/10, -- delta-x,y = 1/10, graph centered [EF 1D]
* ZQuadrant1, [EF 17]
* fraction related tokens
** _, EF2F, not the same as printing _. New font codepoint 0F5h.
** /, EF2E, not the same as division /. New font codepoint 0F6h.
* box, EF1E. New font codepoint 0F7h.

Edit: Added the new tokens to SourceCoder's forward table. This means it can decode these tokens out of .8xp's, but can't encode them into .8xp's yet.

BASIC Code wrote:
:AUTO Answer
:CLASSIC Answer
:DEC Answer
:►F◄►D
:FRAC Answer
:logBASE(
:MATHPRINT
:n/d
:►n/d◄►Un/d
:randIntNoRep(
:remainder(
:Σ(
:Un/d
:ZFrac1/2
:ZFrac1/3
:ZFrac1/4
:ZFrac1/5
:ZFrac1/8
:ZFrac1/10
:ZQuadrant1
:
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech
Good work, guys!
SirCmpwn wrote:
Good work, guys!
Thanks SirCmpwn. Smile When I get back from doing this network wiring, I'll try to add the tokens to the reverse table, although I'm not sure how to handle AUTO and CLASSIC. I am concerned that if people have those strings in their programs, that the fact that SourceCoder will turn them into tokens will produce programs incompatible with lower OSes. For example, if someone makes a game called "AUTO RACER", then it would make it [AUTO Answer][space][R][A]..." instead of all the literal tokens. Do you guys think this is a problem I should worry about?
add an www.sc.253MP.cemetech.net And let that handle anything 2.53 related
This makes me happy enough to break my posting hiatus
utopiahunter wrote:
Glad to hear it, utopiahunter! How's life going with you? We'll see if it's released as expected on Monday.
KermMartian wrote:
utopiahunter wrote:
Glad to hear it, utopiahunter! How's life going with you? We'll see if it's released as expected on Monday.

It's been great. I'm hoping to actually be able to do asm stuff and get reacquainted with my calculator within the next year. I'm currently taking classes with circuits and digital logic design and some assembly will be used (x86?) and hopefully that will help. Also Ultimate Calc 3 looks very promising.
Quote:
For those who care, with the help of player_, I extracted the values of all the new tokens (also copied to WikiTI):

Hey, I originally wrote that list (not that using an ocular technique to scan the Catalog for new tokens was hard). I also added a few of the new tokens' codes (not that putting the tokens in a BASIC program and reading it with Calcsys is hard) and mentioned the new characters in the TIOS font. Check the Wiki's log.
ooo cant wait! if anyone has a link for download post it Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
utopiahunter wrote:

As of 10:30 EST, seems it is still 2.43.

Makes me wonder if they leaked it on purpose with the intent of us finding all the issues before an official release is done. :p
DrDnar wrote:
Quote:

Hey, I originally wrote that list (not that using an ocular technique to scan the Catalog for new tokens was hard). I also added a few of the new tokens' codes (not that putting the tokens in a BASIC program and reading it with Calcsys is hard) and mentioned the new characters in the TIOS font. Check the Wiki's log.
Indeed you did; hope you didn't feel like I was stealing your work. Smile Well done.
ITS BEEN RELEASED!!!

heres a direct link

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_os_84plus.html
I heard that you won't have the ability to unlock the entire FLASH-memory after updating. How severial is this, and is there any workarounds?
olav_nordmann wrote:
I heard that you won't have the ability to unlock the entire FLASH-memory after updating. How severial is this, and is there any workarounds?

Last I heard BrandonW said the universal flash unlocker has not been blocked so afaik you still have access to all of the flash memory if needed.
In case anyone missed it, here is the ticalc.org article about the new OS:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/145/145828.html
My patch program still worked (after I changed the addresses of the code to be patched, of course), and I have written both in 'privileged' as in 'normal' OS space. It used Brandon's universal flash exploit.
TheStorm wrote:
olav_nordmann wrote:

Last I heard BrandonW said the universal flash unlocker has not been blocked so afaik you still have access to all of the flash memory if needed.

They only fixed the really stupid 3-line unlock exploit discovered not too long ago.

I maintain that it's very difficult if not impossible to fix the universal unlock exploit (which is why I call it that Smile ).
Oh, 3-line unlock? I must have missed that one. Can you post it?

(just for the record)
Mapar007 wrote:
Oh, 3-line unlock? I must have missed that one. Can you post it?

(just for the record)

Code:

ld a,1
ld (appInfo+2),a
bcall(50CBh)

Basically the Write-to-Flash BCALL (50CBh) will validate a newly-written Flash application when passing A=1 and the base page in (appInfo+2). By storing Flash page 1 there (which is part of the OS, and most certainly not a valid Flash application), you force validation to fail, and their code wasn't relocking Flash back if an application fails validation. Stupidest thing they ever did, and despite them eventually fixing it, it still cracks me up to this day.
brandonw wrote:
Stupidest thing they ever did

That's a pretty strong assertion you're making right there, given their track record. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours