My name is Sean. I have a lot of legos and I love them. And my birthdate is the 23rd of September.
My avatar, well...my favorite Super Mario Character is the Goomba. I don't know why so don't ask. Smile
oldmud0 wrote:
StrawberryFrostedPopTart wrote:
I thought about it hard for the past hour and remembered it was Kaprekar's constant. I like the number, but 6174 can't be my favorite number because I would never see it on a fortune cookie!

You will find 6, 17, and 4 on your next fortune cookie. I'll see to it. Wink

You lied! I got Chinese food the other day, and it did not have any of those numbers.

27, 5, 16, 34, 14, and 8 were the numbers. Try to find a special mathematical property with those!
27, 5, 16, 34, 14, and 8 were the numbers. Try to find a special mathematical property with those!

Sure, here you go:

Code:
10² * 34 + 16         = 3416
10² * 27 + 10 * 5 + 8 = 2758

3416 + 2758           = 6174

Fun thing about that: When I read your post, I was thinking: "Challenge accepted, let me do it!", and I started combining the numbers. I was like, 2700 + 3400 seems approximately good, so let me find some more digits for it. I added randomly and tried it. It was 6174 the first try!
(I am still amazed.)
I really like zelda at the time I made this account, and thought I was pretty good at it (hence king), so it made zeldaking. Lol.
My avatar is a drawing I did on one of the programs I wrote for the prizm, as much as I didn't like that calculator. And I really liked it, so I uploaded and haven't changed it since.
Well, the first part of it is pretty simple, I am a calculator nerd.The CEP_D part is because my fist calculator was a TI-84+ CE, with the CE for color edition, P for plus, and D because my name starts with D.
For my avatar, its the symbol warning high levels of radiation, hence the ionizing radiation symbol, skull and crossbones, and the little guy running away. Explanation: I got interested chemistry and physics when I was 9. Of course, as a 9 year old, radiation seemed crazy awesome, so I researched It more, and have been learning about it ever since.

EDIT: I forgot the D. Very Happy
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
The CEP_D part is because my fist calculator was a TI-84+ CE, with the CE for color edition, and P for plus.

Did you leave off the explanation of the D so could give it to us later?
The "guest" part of my name was because I would sign in to forums as a guest, instead of as a member. "Random" signifies my attempts to be anonymous. I am probably more worried about Internet safety than I should, but whatever.

As for my avatar, I just think it is an awesome geometrical image. Evil or Very Mad
Nik wrote:

Sure, here you go:

Code:
10² * 34 + 16         = 3416
10² * 27 + 10 * 5 + 8 = 2758

3416 + 2758           = 6174

Fun thing about that: When I read your post, I was thinking: "Challenge accepted, let me do it!", and I started combining the numbers. I was like, 2700 + 3400 seems approximately good, so let me find some more digits for it. I added randomly and tried it. It was 6174 the first try!
(I am still amazed.)

That's awesome! I wonder if the same strategies can be applied to other numbers. Try 16, 26, 29, 39, 45, and 46. I can't think of anything myself, but maybe you can!
keeegs came from the first syllable (and the letter after it) of my first time with an extra 'e' and then an 's' at the end. My avatar on CodeWalrus used to be a Travolta gif (where he's looking around for something) with an empty TI-84 programs list as the background, but I deleted it from imgur by accident and am too lazy to make it again.
My username was a well thought out name that took several weeks to choose. I liked the term 'millennial' and one day I read a Wikipedia page that said that a millennial was born form the mid 90's to the early 2000's. And my birthday is late in the early 2000's so I thought "hey, I am the last millennial, I think I like that name!" so voila, here it is.

And unless you were in a coma in 2007 and 2011, you know what my profile picture is. Razz
My username was seventh grade me being stupid and my avatar is the Calculator Active logo on NCFE standardized tests.
well... I have too many Lego's and that's really it.
I've gone through a few name changes. I signed on as some18kanal0n3 because that's what I went by back then on AIM and carried it over to the forums. About four years after signing up I had it changed to comicIDIOT because that was my new online persona. 6 years after that change I requested a new name change to "Alex" to be more formal; I probably should have just chose "comic" but oh well.

TheLastMillennial wrote:
And my birthday is late in the early 2000's

All the sudden I realize how old I really am.
Alex wrote:
I signed on as some18kanal0n3

/me stalks Alex
My username, well.. It's just my first name, and last initial. Super imaginative, hey? It used to be "James_V" back in the late 90's-early 2000's, but then "JamesV" just seemed quicker to type.

My profile picture is me plummeting towards the earth with some friends with what I can only describe as a badly folded up (on my part) large piece of nylon in a pack on my back that's meant to save my life.
Alex wrote:
I've gone through a few name changes. I signed on as some18kanal0n3
My god... I had completely forgot about that nickname. I remember now, from TI-Freakware website. As for my username history, it varied quite a bit from one site to another before:

2003-05: Kevin (or Kevin9999 when Kevin was already taken). On Ticalc.org my handle was Illusiat but I used my real name as display name.
2005-07: xlibman on calc forums, Omnimaga on non-calc forums
2007-present: DJ Omnimaga (I was or still am DJ_O on some sites since late 2010, though)
Well, My avatar is (currently) me and my cello (taken a few last year, i think. Sadly that particular cello is not currently in my possession...). My avatar used to be a collection of Rubik's cubes that somewhat mirrored my own at the time.

As for my Username... I picked the name Pieman7373 like 5 years ago when i started doing things online, and i just wanted something that i would remember Razz I like pie (thus Pieman) and i like the number 7 (but i didnt want to just have 7777) so i chose 7373

I have kinda grown to fit into the title 'Pieman7373' so i probably wont change it Very Happy
Quote:
[T]hat particular cello .... used to be a collection of Rubik's cubes that somewhat mirrored my own at the time.

Am I reading this write? Even if I'm not I have no idea what you're trying to tell us here.
I love GTA:SA
One day I had a lot of fun with a random username generator.

http://jimpix.co.uk/words/random-username-generator.asp#results

inedibleProgrammer...
Gets me every time xD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours