I've the shortest username. PT stands for my name, and because 2 characters is too short, I added the _ just for fun Very Happy
I came up with my username about eight years ago when I was trying to make a Lego user account and basically every name I could think of was taken. Even Botboy was taken if I remember correctly, so I added a pretty big number (or at least a big number for an eight-year-old) and Botboy3000 was born! My avatars all over the internet change over time. Right now mine on cemetech is the boxman thing, and the one I have on Scratch.mit.edu from a bajillion years ago is a flowing liquid bath filling up and displaying my name. So yup! I have yet to come up with an official Botboy3000 logo.... maybe I should work on that sometime..... and put it in all my programs.. ooo yeah....

EDIT:: Oh yeah!! 6174. That's the score in my avatar's game of boxman. It was my favorite number at the time I made this avatar. It's got some cool properties! Can you guess them?
I cheated on the 6174 since to the best of my knowledge, that number seemed completely arbitrary, but it is indeed a very strange number with a particular property Razz I won't post it since of course I didn't figure it out on my own (I doubt anyone would though) definitely putting that on my list of random facts that sit around waiting to pop up somewhere even though they usually don't Razz
StrawberryFrostedPopTart is a dumb joke username.

My avatar, Toon Link, is there because I look a bit like Toon Link. The Legend Of Zelda games are some of my favorites, behind maybe Okami and The Stanley Parable.
My username was discovered when our teachers told us to use first initial / last name usernames in the http://kahoot.it game. when I typed C.HILL, my teacher almost knocked me out of the game as a bad username before she realized it was actually my name. It is kind of a low-key pop term, so I chose it as my username.
This was an update from my previous username, which stupidly was my full name.
My Avatar is an image I spent one afternoon creating (on paint.net, because I was at school) as an upgrade from just a zoomed in TI-84 Plus CE.
The image involves a violin, at which I am pretty proficient at, a TI-84 Plus CE, for obvious reasons, some audio waves, my username, and a blue gradient.
My username has a really interesting backstory. When I was born, the nurse who wrote my name down before it was put into the computer system had really sloppy handwriting. When she wrote "Noah", the first line of the "N" didn't connect with the rest of the letter, making the name look more like "Ivoah". When it was later typed up into the computer system, it was typed as "Ivoah", and so "Ivoah" was my legal name until I was around 10, when I had it changed to "Noah".

And my avatar is from a random comic in an AWANA Journey book that I scanned up years ago. I named him "Professor Peewee" for no particular reason.
That is interesting. Just curious, did people actually call you Ivoah or did you go by what your name was originally?
My username has a simple origin, really.

J stands for January, the month I was born in.
W stands for Wisconsin, the state in which I was born.
I stands for Interesting, which I'd like to say I am. But then again, I haven't been the kind of no wait come back
N stands for Nerd, which is the derogatory name which I was called for the longest time.
S stands for Shut Up, the name I thought I had until I was 13.
L stands for Little, which I added as a bit of sarcasm.
O stands for Ophiophagus hannah, the genus and species name for the King Cobra. I am a Snake in the Chinese Zodiac.
W stands for Water Bearer, which I am under the Western Zodiac.

23 is a special number to me. Not only is it a prime number, but...

...it's made up of two consecutive prime numbers.
...it's the smallest (odd) prime number that's not a twin prime.
...it's the smallest prime number that's the sum of 3 consecutive prime numbers.
...it's one of only two prime numbers (the other being 239) that cannot be expressed as the sum of fewer than 9 cubes of integers.
...it's the smallest prime number N that divides into the sum of the first N prime numbers.
...it's the only prime number N for which the factorial is N digits long.

Because it is a prime number with such amazing properties, I chose to concatenate it to the end of my username.

My avatar, at the moment, is the lovely walrus. It has the scientific name Odobenus rosmarus, which anagrams to "Enormous! So absurd." This is often used to describe me, as I am tall for my age. I have made the image 16 pixels square because "Odobenus rosmarus" is 16 letters long, and since the image is square, the number of colors obviously had to be the square root of 16, which is 4.

What no I didn't just put together my first initial, last name, and birthday for my username, and my avatar isn't just a 4-level gray resizing of the CodeWalrus logo, shut up
Oh boy, it's been a while I've been here. And even longer since I changed my avatar. Well, my avatar is a Sonic the Hedgehog original character named Amy Rose but with Purple Hair and a Blue Dress, probably an homage to some girl on IRC we ended up /nick'ing ourselves Sonic and Amy as a mark of our love to each other, and she had purple hair. Yeah that was weird. And also years ago.

As of the username, well, it's my first username and it's probably been probably 14 or 15 years ago I have the same one since I signed up on some public broadcaster's kids' website (yeah, we had the Internet back then it was fairly new and hip), it's a concatenation of the first two letters of my name, the first two letters of my brother's, still in the crib at the time (my mom had weird suggestions I guess) and a random number not so random because I just stared at the first 4 numbers of the keyboard and dyslexically moved them around two by two, I mean, yeah I was born in 2143, I'm actually a time traveler from the year 2161 to warn y'all about the impeding doom of the Earth caused by a mutation in wild walruses, not that we'll care as we'll move to Mars before then anyway.
JWinslow23 wrote:
My username has a simple origin, really.

J stands for January, the month I was born in.
W stands for Wisconsin, the state in which I was born.
I stands for Interesting, which I'd like to say I am. But then again, I haven't been the kind of no wait come back
N stands for Nerd, which is the derogatory name which I was called for the longest time.
S stands for Shut Up, the name I thought I had until I was 13.
L stands for Little, which I added as a bit of sarcasm.
O stands for Ophiophagus hannah, the genus and species name for the King Cobra. I am a Snake in the Chinese Zodiac.
W stands for Water Bearer, which I am under the Western Zodiac.

23 is a special number to me. Not only is it a prime number, but...

...it's made up of two consecutive prime numbers.
...it's the smallest (odd) prime number that's not a twin prime.
...it's the smallest prime number that's the sum of 3 consecutive prime numbers.
...it's one of only two prime numbers (the other being 239) that cannot be expressed as the sum of fewer than 9 cubes of integers.
...it's the smallest prime number N that is divisible by the sum of the first N prime numbers.
...it's the only prime number N for which the factorial is N digits long.

Because it is a prime number with such amazing properties, I chose to concatenate it to the end of my username.

My avatar, at the moment, is the lovely walrus. It has the scientific name Odobenus rosmarus, which anagrams to "Enormous! So absurd." This is often used to describe me, as I am tall for my age. I have made the image 16 pixels square because "Odobenus rosmarus" is 16 letters long, and since the image is square, the number of colors obviously had to be the square root of 16, which is 4.

What no I didn't just put together my first initial, last name, and birthday for my username, and my avatar isn't just a 4-level gray resizing of the CodeWalrus logo, shut up

Haha, I was pretty sure right from the start that you were messing around (having noticed the fine print, but not having read it) Also,
Quote:
...it's the smallest prime number N that is divisible by the sum of the first N prime numbers.
I think you've got this backwards, the sum of the first N prime numbers (874) is divisible by 23 (874/23 = 38.), rather than 23/874 = [some messy decimals]
mr womp womp wrote:
Haha, I was pretty sure right from the start that you were messing around (having noticed the fine print, but not having read it) Also,
Quote:
I think you've got this backwards, the sum of the first N prime numbers (874) is divisible by 23 (874/23 = 38.), rather than 23/874 = [some messy decimals]

Fixed now, thank you.

And no, I'm not messing around. It even anagrams into a related phrase:

JWinslow Twenty Three = Written jewels? Why not?

OK, not like "jewels", more like garnet. Which, by the way, is my birthstone.
My name is simply a smashing together of my first and middle names

Za -> Zachary

alan -> Alan

and the ending e comes from a 3 that I usually put at the end of most of my other accounts.
Kydapoot wrote:
That is interesting. Just curious, did people actually call you Ivoah or did you go by what your name was originally?

Nah, everyone called me Noah, I doubt many people even knew.
Ah, I thought that was probably the case. Still interesting though.
Guess I should say something...

About 3-4 years ago I had an obsession with saying "Unicorn" to most things asked of me. (I was kinda immature Razz) Not sure what started that, but its become my username everywhere. Either Unicorn or Unicorn808 (808 is my area code) Anyways, I've stuck to that.
My avatar is the github 404 page, because github and that unicorn is pretty awesome looking Very Happy

Ivoah, that is pretty interesting, I was wondering about your username a while back.
Botboy3000 wrote:
I came up with my username about eight years ago when I was trying to make a Lego user account and basically every name I could think of was taken. Even Botboy was taken if I remember correctly, so I added a pretty big number (or at least a big number for an eight-year-old) and Botboy3000 was born! My avatars all over the internet change over time. Right now mine on cemetech is the boxman thing, and the one I have on Scratch.mit.edu from a bajillion years ago is a flowing liquid bath filling up and displaying my name. So yup! I have yet to come up with an official Botboy3000 logo.... maybe I should work on that sometime..... and put it in all my programs.. ooo yeah....

EDIT:: Oh yeah!! 6174. That's the score in my avatar's game of boxman. It was my favorite number at the time I made this avatar. It's got some cool properties! Can you guess them?

I thought about it hard for the past hour and remembered it was Kaprekar's constant. I like the number, but 6174 can't be my favorite number because I would never see it on a fortune cookie!
StrawberryFrostedPopTart wrote:
I thought about it hard for the past hour and remembered it was Kaprekar's constant. I like the number, but 6174 can't be my favorite number because I would never see it on a fortune cookie!

You will find 6, 17, and 4 on your next fortune cookie. I'll see to it. Wink
_The_Burn_ is my alias for nearly all online activity. It is a nickname that my brother calls me. I have used it for nearly 8 years, so it predates all this Bernie Sanders campaigning.
My username implies that I do a maximal amount of maximally cool stuff on my TI84+SE calculator. Wink TI-84+ SE
I am known as "Nik", "TheNik" and simmilar, depending on whether the name is taken. It stands for my name.

As for my avatar(s)...
Well, the old Android one was for the lack of better and because Android and other Linux systems are the only good OSes out there, in my opinion.
The new Mars one is because I am interested in Astronomy, particularly spaceflight, particularly future plans to land human on Mars. And, for sure, it is better than the old one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours