I can't seem to change settings for lights anymore. They all get locked-down as soon as I make the light, and cannot be changed. At first it was just the color, which I could do without, but now the falloffs are getting locked, making it impossible to light my maps. I guess for now I could try changing the defaults every time I want to place a light. It'll be a pain in the a, but it should work for now...
wait, never mind, I found a separate tab for managing entities that seems to work...
DShiznit wrote:
wait, never mind, I found a separate tab for managing entities that seems to work...

The entities tab, if memory serves me, is the place to go.
Keep this topic in case someone else has the same problem though...
Stuck.
Now I'm having another problem that I'm not sure is unrelated:

This is usually fixed by re-exporting, but I've now re-exported 4 times and gotten the same result every time...

I'm gonna try rotating it 15 degrees and see if that helps, but I have my doubts...
can you turn on vertex lighting, and show me what you see? I have a nasty feeling that you have some overlapping brushes.
it looks no different in vertex lighting. And rotating it only changed which faces aren't showing. I'm gonna try re-exporting one more time.

EDIT- No Dice. I'm just gonna upload the scene so you can take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Not sure if you need both of these but, this is the CSX:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzztlyodhn2

And the CLX:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jftu0xiqqmm
DShiznit wrote:
it looks no different in vertex lighting. And rotating it only changed which faces aren't showing. I'm gonna try re-exporting one more time.

Zoom *way* in and look for overlapping faces.

http://www.torquepowered.com/community/forums/viewthread/64928
DShiznit wrote:
Not sure if you need both of these but, this is the CSX:

The CSX is the actual model. Not actually sure what gets stored in the CLX. Anyway, the issue is pretty apparent. Like I was saying, you have grossly overlapping brushes. You can see what I mean if you select your small semi-sphere on the bottom of the UFO and perform a CSG substract with it. The whole bottom plate of the UFO fractures. That's a bad thing. You have that all of the place too, not just in that one instance. I highly recommend using snap to grid, and working at a high zoom level.
So then why hasn't that been the case with other models I've made before? And why does it change where the holes are when I rotate the mesh in Constructor?
DShiznit wrote:
So then why hasn't that been the case with other models I've made before? And why does it change where the holes are when I rotate the mesh in Constructor?

Because your other models were probably less complex, and because rotating things changes where the brushes fragment.
I tried splitting it in half to reduce complexity, no dice. *sigh* I guess I'll have to look over the entire map and get rid of every intersection. This is gonna take forever...
elfprince13 wrote:
can you turn on vertex lighting, and show me what you see? I have a nasty feeling that you have some overlapping brushes.
Definitely overlapping brushes. KermCave was doing things like this until I fixed all overlapping brushes (and turned many of my non-structural abutted brushes into Detail brushes).
DShiznit wrote:
I tried splitting it in half to reduce complexity, no dice. *sigh* I guess I'll have to look over the entire map and get rid of every intersection. This is gonna take forever...

It's a bummer the first time you have to do it, but the practices you pick up help you make much higher performance models anyway. Split brushes are a *bad* thing.

You may also want to set one viewport to "Export" view mode
I made sure my inner walls weren't intersecting with either the ceiling or the floor, and it's still hideously broken. I'm gonna try exporting different parts(floor + ceiling, walls, consoles, etc.) in seperate DIFs and assemble them in-engine to see if that works.
No dice, I recreated the walls, and completely isolated them and and the center pillar from the rest of the craft as a separate DIF, and they still don't render right. Everything else is working, but these damn walls still look like crap. My patience is really wearing thin...
email me a zip of the clx and the csx, I'll see if I can investigate further.
So, any luck with my interior?
There was some exceedingly odd behavior with brushes that didn't appear to be overlapping, but were behaving as if they were when I tried subtraction on them, and the behavior they were exhibiting is consistent with the behavior of the rendering glitch. I'll talk to the guys at GG and see what they say.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours