That's very true, in that case I think it's better to republish to keep their hard work available.
All my files our on my server and ticalc.org, if you want host my files, you can direct link on my server, of link to ticalc.org, or, if you would like to host, I can send you the files. My stats are not important to me.
Kevin wrote:
Example is Pokemon by MathStuf, which will not be included on Omnimaga because I want every files in my archives to be hosted on earthforge server, not anywhere else, and he told me he would prefer to put it on website that keep track of downloads stats, so since I dont have a download stat system on my website (it just show the amount of file info page views) and that I dont want to link to other website I'll respect the author and not put it in my archives.

Actually I just like it so that I know how popular it is, not for gloating. I don't mind links being posted on everywhere, it's just that I don't want the zip file to be put everywhere. You can link either to the page on my site, the zip sile itself on ti-news, the page on ti-news, or the page on ticalc. I just like to have only a few zip files out so that I don't get bug reports from versions released months earlier. Since I only update ticalc when necessary/whenever I feel like it the ti-news archives will be more reliable.
yeah, my zip file for Ultimate Pong on Ti-Frak8x's site is out of date, and I haven't posted the update yet.
now if onmly ticalc.org would allow remote linking because I hate a lot to have some links to file hosted on servers other than the one Omnimaga files is hosted on. If nerdy production was hosted on earthforge I would link to this with no problem. The pb with ti news is that the admin wont show up often so its not guaranteed the site wil last forever so if I decide to stop updating Omnimaga someday and ti news or sobertilnoon shut down this means pokemon at omnimaga will redirect to a 404 page
@Kerm, No, I wasn't talkin about you. You have been one of my biggest supporters, and also helped me learn more about BASIC ( and heck, even asm, though I still haven't gotten much of it.)

And no, I am not mad at anyone, though I kinda thought my goal was clear to everyone. I want people to be able to get what they want, as simple as possible. While Omnimaga is RPG, I am generalized. I even have Quite a bit of support from Z at calcgames, thinking my goal a worthy one to pursue.

Would it, in your mind, make it better/easier if I linked to the page the file is located on at ticalc as well? Trust me, I refuse to take credit for something that isn't mine.
That might be a good idea, something like "To check for updates, click here"
Yeah, something like that. Smile
Quote:
Would it, in your mind, make it better/easier if I linked to the page the file is located on at ticalc as well? Trust me, I refuse to take credit for something that isn't mine.

Now that you know the tutorial is still on the Internet, why do you need to put it on your site? I could understand the reasoning that you didn't want to see the tutorial become lost, but this reasoning doesn't apply anymore. Instead of putting the tutorial on your site, I think you should just put a link to the tutorial at ticalc.org that says something like, "Here is a good TI-89 BASIC tutorial made by Grant Elliott".
I am going to link your tutorial on my site, I hope you don't mind. I will link to ticalc.org
Word. Keep in mind that I have a tutorial too. Very Happy
hart wrote:
Quote:

Now that you know the tutorial is still on the Internet, why do you need to put it on your site? I could understand the reasoning that you didn't want to see the tutorial become lost, but this reasoning doesn't apply anymore. Instead of putting the tutorial on your site, I think you should just put a link to the tutorial at ticalc.org that says something like, "Here is a good TI-89 BASIC tutorial made by Grant Elliott".

I will give this some more thought on how to proceed... If posted on my site, it will recieve alot more traffic, though that isn't a garuntee if I just link to it...
Mmm, that's an interesting point you have there...
Yeah... Google links directly to the lessons, it doesn't say anything about the main tutorials page...
There's a way to force it to index, but I can't remember exactly how at the moment.
Maybe if I use a meta tag and put TI-89 BASIC tutorials in there twenty or so times... Smile Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours