Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
By popular request, we've set up a #freebuild IRC channel on EFnet.

Cemetech's SAX chat will be used as a lobby style chat accessed from the main menu, but IRC will be the mechanism for cross-server chat. This will allow more independence, and the ability to have a "quiet" channel for communications if things get noisy.

Feel free to join us. I prefer irc.mzima.net or irc.choopa.net, but a full list of servers is here: http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers
elfprince13 wrote:
By popular request, we've set up a #freebuild IRC channel on EFnet.

Cemetech's SAX chat will be used as a lobby style chat accessed from the main menu, but IRC will be the mechanism for cross-server chat. This will allow more independence, and the ability to have a "quiet" channel for communications if things get noisy.

Feel free to join us. I prefer irc.mzima.net or irc.choopa.net, but a full list of servers is here: http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers

I'll moan just a little that it isn't IRCtoo.

But i'm still pleased.
Moving from IRCtoo to EFNet helps us disconnect a bit more from the TBM image. Additionally, I thought it made sense to be on the same network as #cemetech given that Cemetech accounts will be used in game and that #cemetech is also tied to the SAX chat which will be part of the lobby.
elfprince13 wrote:
Moving from IRCtoo to EFNet helps us disconnect a bit more from the TBM image. Additionally, I thought it made sense to be on the same network as #cemetech given that Cemetech accounts will be used in game and that #cemetech is also tied to the SAX chat which will be part of the lobby.

Can you make it so we can choose which IRC host?
So, for example, we could use something like espernet?
It would really display versatility.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Moving from IRCtoo to EFNet helps us disconnect a bit more from the TBM image. Additionally, I thought it made sense to be on the same network as #cemetech given that Cemetech accounts will be used in game and that #cemetech is also tied to the SAX chat which will be part of the lobby.

Can you make it so we can choose which IRC host?
So, for example, we could use something like espernet?
It would really display versatility.


I think it'll be more or less trivial to change the host, though I hadn't planned on exposing an irc host preference directly, but it won't be closed source like ShadowZ's stuff was (unless I do it in-engine), because I have no plans to rely on a bot for in-game features.
Is this going to be client-side or server-side? Please say server-side...
EmperorWiggy wrote:
Is this going to be client-side or server-side? Please say server-side...


Yes.

SAX is providing the client-side lobby, IRC will be server-side.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement