I haven't done any of the interiors for it yet, but:

Yes, everything is in greyscale, providing stark contrast to the players and their colored builds, and a nostalgic 1950s sci-fi serial look...
Whoa, that looks very nice, good atmospheric feel. Will you have a cloud layer or three scudding across the sky?
Plasticy Lego goodness will bring a nice air of color to that map Smile

Very nice looking.
KermMartian wrote:
Whoa, that looks very nice, good atmospheric feel. Will you have a cloud layer or three scudding across the sky?

I hadn't thought about that, but I can give it a shot...

EDIT- there:

You can also see how the colored player stands out against the monochrome background.

Got the exterior of the human ship done. I just need to throw in some interior items(chairs, panels, lights) and it's all done.
Nice work Very Happy
it's a pretty crap model, there were better ways to do what I wanted that would have lit better, but I'll do better on the alien UFO...
DShiznit wrote:
it's a pretty crap model, there were better ways to do what I wanted that would have lit better, but I'll do better on the alien UFO...

Make a DTS skin to wrap around it?
DShiznit wrote:

That's a great ship.
Resembles the one in Myst. If I made a Myst map, i'd cordially ask to use it.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

That's a great ship.

Maybe he should stick a pipe organ inside it ^_^
elfprince13 wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

That's a great ship.

Maybe he should stick a pipe organ inside it ^_^

Ahh, insider jokes. Razz
Don't tempt me. I still, haven't finalized the navigation and engineering panels...
DShiznit wrote:
Don't tempt me. I still, haven't finalized the navigation and engineering panels...

*tempt*tempt*tempt*
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

*tempt*tempt*tempt*

I still need to light it. Should I add lights in constructor, or use fxlights?
DShiznit wrote:

Okay, that's that. I'll have to find some way of making a Myst map.
Surprised
DShiznit wrote:

Depends. lights in constructor will probably get you better performance.
well I'm using an fxlight for a flare to make the bulb(a dts I added) appear "lit" but I'll do the actual lighting in constructor tomorrow.

Boom Baby.
I might recommend turning that down, a weee bit.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours