http://www.temporary.cc/
Quote:
Virtual data isn't subject to decay like traditional media. Despite this, we can still lose personal data to disk failure, viruses, or accidental deletion. Unlike personal data however, data on the internet has a seemingly infinite shelf-life. Between search-engine caching, cloud-hosting, re-blogging, plagiarizing, and the way-back machine, the net collects and eternally stores vast amounts of information.

Temporary.cc eschews this paradigm. For each unique visitor it receives, Temporary.cc deletes part of itself. These deletions change the way browsers understand the website's code and create a unique (de)generative piece after each new user. Because each unique visit produces a new composition through self-destruction, Temporary.cc can never be truly indexed, as any subsequent act of viewing could irreparably modify it.

Eventually, like tangible media, Temporary.cc will fall apart entirely, becoming a blank white website. Its existence will be remembered only by those who saw or heard about it.

No one else will ever see the page exactly as I have seen it.
m'kay..........why?

Also, define "truly indexed".
what it supposed to look like, just a bunch of code to me

Code:
tet/d>/v>*v><* i ca="diass="vcs=f i s=gt* is"b>/diilas=>la"<> />/>ls"*>< ""*/dvdisp" divlass>/> d"> v"*it;va>* v c=f>
* c="i">dca"sa=/d> s="squot;"/i>
/divs"dviassqut;> dic"*/di cl=&t;>>dv/cas>iv>ilsd>i>ivlass"d"/dig il="" *"">t;clss&;*d>d s*l=""/> vcakgtdidvlso>dia="&t*dvg; is="**d< clas=">&gdvaf>&t;t <> dv cls="&t;*di&t ivcl=>< cas="v> ca""/di>vd>d>v zz>*v l"r">di&tdvas=q*/s=qdclass"sgt*/icl" "="> va"p>* dicbidicls="">*d&g dcl"&;gt d ca"&t;*dv>di=p="ddi>dlb/di>/i> ls=
cs=""&gtlas=r> d * a="f"*dv>ivcash&g;vgi ls=;lt;/dv&t;&livcls>*iv> v "w&qu*&"</il/di> clssc"=">*i&t; dcls"&t&tv>ilas=""=>/i>ss>/i>*div&g; dvcs"gt*&;dv&divas"> <>d/d ivclss">/ia"/dv<>ivl"*gt dvcs"q&t;*& ast*vvc="d>/dv>cas/&t; dsa&gcs=x*/divls=">dv dica=gt;*l/iv &l; s"=/di&tcl"*i i=uot;><* dclas=i>/>/v>*di&t;dv ls"p&t;* ivclase"g;*/i ss=""g;*vt; dia /dvcss">i/d /as="iv><>vgdiv>*dv>divass"v cas="z&quo">* s=">< c"">i&g da""&;/dviv cas">/>dl"g">* di las"&/l"><><>vlsn="">idicswqt;" cls="" <
< dcassw&ot;">< <*<>cass"quot> dlass="vt;*iv>ics"&vivls"d>dis">*i>vlass">/div; vst">dcs=s>/>ivclass=b" dv="">< s=">>/t; cla="z"&tds"> dcs="w*/i;cls" /css=&q;"i>* la="">*iv diclsddq>* dils="z"t;*div ls"q/i>ca"h&t;iv&g;&tiva"g=*v> /d<><>dvo"ivgtvcs=<>d am&g ivcla"*>ias=b*ivcls"&;v <<>vclas"a="iss=wqut">*/i>ial="">>icss=wqot;"/i>*iv> ass=< ia"w&qut;iss">*/div> *v>< la=">&;/i&;dics;t/div&t&tvs" "*=">/di>/v><>
vla"*/dvlsi"><< cs"b"=" div=""> < l"">*/i*ddvl">/dvl""d c*didi ls="&l;i&i a=x *di">vc=v<=""gt*i> **dica=&;**&tdilas="k/>d css>*dvs"&/> s/v>
portion of it
That seems like a sad thing.

@Dontar, it has degenerated from coherent code into that, I guess.
Interesting display of data entropy, I wonder if it would still be possible to recreate the original through the use of statistical analysis, and knowledge of valid xhtml.
@UD: It's art; that's why.
That's the creator's description, not mine, so I can't really tell you what he meant by truly indexed.
elfprince13 wrote:
Interesting display of data entropy, I wonder if it would still be possible to recreate the original through the use of statistical analysis, and knowledge of valid xhtml.
Probability says that without knowing the number of permutations through which it has gone and the number of characters added/removed per permutation, there are uncountably infinite possible starting points. Even if we did know all that stuff, there would still be countably infinite possible starting points.
Quote:
(giant spam removed)

eh, this is what I got, I know this is a necropost, but I found it quite interesting O-o

I wonder when it will fully disentergrate...
Wow, epic necropost.
Yeah, sorry about that Sad I think this is quitei nteresting actually, I shall now bookmark it

Wait, are users considered "new" by ip, cache, what?
I'd imagine that it sets a cookie in your browser, since that's the way that I would do it, but I'm not sure.
Probably, I wonder if I keep on deleteing cookies...

mmmm, cookies...
Somehow it's sad...
Well, it's all gone now. Blank page.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, epic necropost.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Wonder if archive.org could tell us when it finally went down.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours