Hey, everyone! Can't believe it's been over 4 years since I last posted on here Graphing Calculator

My brother's starting high school, so I lent him my calculator so we could save money over getting a new one for him. But of course, I got another one for myself Razz

I made this game on my new calculator (a CE with OS 5.7.0.0021), mainly for my brother's benefit. Not sure yet if it works on the monochrome calcs, but it should.

Controls: 2ND/ENTER to place disk, ENTER to get past some messages, CLEAR to exit.

Cemetech download

TICalc download
If anyone's not familiar, Othello is a version of Reversi. I assume you wrote it in TI-BASIC? Do you have any screenshots you can share, and are you looking for any feedback before you submit it to the Archives?
Hi Kerm! Yes, I wrote it in TI-BASIC. It's been a while since I wrote anything for a TI calc, and I switched computers a while ago, so I don't have Wabbitemu/CEmu on my computer yet to make a screenshot with. I'll probably do that soon.

Right now, the only thing I'd like is some feedback on shortening it. Someone in SAX already gave me a helpful optimization tip involving tanh(, and anything else would be appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to optimize it down to 1021 bytes, which I'm satisfied with. Once I can get an animated screenshot working, I'll upload it to the archives. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours