Is it possible to make rain disappear after hitting an object/brick/interior?

It'd be good for realism, and... *sigh*... RP.
wait, does precipitation still penetrate interiors in the SVN builds of FreeBuild?

There's a very simple fix for that....I just thought I'd taken care of it already.
elfprince13 wrote:
wait, does precipitation still penetrate interiors in the SVN builds of FreeBuild?

There's a very simple fix for that....I just thought I'd taken care of it already.

Okay. And staticshapes, etc?
If I make a hut out of 2x4's, will it leak? Sad
check it out, and tell me Smile Precipitation is one of those things I don't use too much, so I rely on you guys to be aware of issues like that, I just want to make sure you've tested it in FreeBuild at some point, because I'm fairly sure I have added precipitation collision checks that aren't part of stock TGE.
It does still leak
Oh a, I thought this was about the adult film star...

But yeah, precipitation collisions would be nice. I could especially use it in swamp areas of Michael Jackson's Stunt Child.
Lucas W wrote:
It does still leak

both interior and static shapes, or just satic shapes?
I assume bricks are static shapes?
Lucas W wrote:
I assume bricks are static shapes?

yes.
Then, yes, static shapes still leak
so will be able at all make the rain not "rain" in the build areas?
Xyno76 wrote:
so will be able at all make the rain not "rain" in the build areas?

That's the idea, at least.
i thought of this idea during church, but my thought was using a mixture between:

-Dshiznit's rainhell script
-a laser repeater sorta (except a sky bly bullet and have it a flat image)
-and the splash emmiter

like you make the projectile with a splash emmiter explosion thing and then once it collides with something it makes a rain drop colliding with something noise and then it will seem like real rain Laughing that way physics should be happy and slower computers.
smarcus, except large amounts of projectiles slow down the engine massively.
smarcus6 wrote:
i thought of this idea during church, but my thought was using a mixture between:

-Dshiznit's rainhell script
-a laser repeater sorta (except a sky bly bullet and have it a flat image)
-and the splash emmiter

Look at my example of a fireball atmosphere in mordor. It's part of the engine now, and doesn't have to be done via mad-hax.
rainhell wasn't mad-hax, unlike most of what I do, it was actually pretty good scripting all things considered. I'll have to look at how you did it though. Can your code be used to simulate orbital laser bombardment?
DShiznit wrote:
rainhell wasn't mad-hax, unlike most of what I do, it was actually pretty good scripting all things considered. I'll have to look at how you did it though. Can your code be used to simulate orbital laser bombardment?

I agree it was a stroke of briliance given what you had to work with, it just was something of an abuse of how projectiles were intended to be ussed Wink

and yes, it could simulate orbital bombardment if you set it up correctly. and you're a way better particle artist than I am.
Orbital bombardment would make a kick-a race/DM kinda thing.
CyberPrime wrote:
Orbital bombardment would make a kick-a race/DM kinda thing.

We wouldn't last long against firepower of that magnitude.
is there any way of using my idea except reducing lag or the draw distance of the effects or something?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours