Good idea >(^'). We should have each person provide a link to their ticalc page, just to prove that they actually use the site and aren't just some random person who put their name on an email.
good idea, The eye of the rivere and Rivereye Studios will sign (though we are on in the same right now)
I could go for optimization techniques and/or certifying games. I also think we should expand beyond just z80 and also include a 68k section since there is a big enough difference between them that they each deserve their own section. It will also expand the userbase to choose from.
It seems that this is good to go. I shall compose it today.
cool, hope it turns out well
Indeed, as do I.
So does Blub >(^')
Letter Template wrote:
Dear ticalc.org Staff,

On behalf of the TI Graphing Calculator Programming, I would like to decry a practice that has taken place for years and has been only perfunctorily been addressed by the ticalc.org archiving staff. Many new programmers have been known to submit files to ticalc.org named with preceeding numbers to push their files to the top of the alphabetical list, and ticalc.org only occasionally addressed the problem. We of the programming community feel this is an unfair practice and voluntarily ask that all of our files and others' wit this cheap edge be renamed to the ordinary naming convention. I believe that honestly and fairness are vitally important to the health and stability of any community, and this is a good step in that direction.

Sincerely,
Kerm Martian
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/60/6077.html

Replace the name and url with your name and ticalc.org url. Then email this to:

filearchive@ticalc.org
feedback@ticalc.org
make sure that you only mention programs that have UNNECESSARY number prefixes on them, some of them are actually logically named.
Nah, I think any bending of the no-preceeding-numeral is too much.
Kinda late to do anything about tha now; I already sent my email with that added. If you look in the archives, 4paddlepong.zip is one of my files, and I don't really want that moved if the zip name is actually logical. That's essentially being punished for others' greed and stupidity.
It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure that the staff will be able to discern necessary from unnecessary things in the files. I also think there should be different section within the games section, such as:
RPG
Adventure
Arcade
Anything else that needs one
Why do that? All it does is make the site harder to navigate, and how do you discern the types from each other? It could take weeks to go through and sort all the files.
Kuro wrote:
Kinda late to do anything about tha now; I already sent my email with that added. If you look in the archives, 4paddlepong.zip is one of my files, and I don't really want that moved if the zip name is actually logical. That's essentially being punished for others' greed and stupidity.

But what's the actual name of the program??
Same as zip. 4 Paddle Pong
Oh, OK. I mean making people name it like Four Paddle Pong, eg.
In that case they might as well just completely redesign the ordering system to completely exclude numerals, which is a waste of time.
I was just searching Google for my name, and look what shows up: http://www.guide4all.info/Games/addicting_games.html

Scroll down the page a bit, or search for my name.
Yea, I actually searched your name a few days ago. Weird Confused Very Happy I remember those comments about the 1337 Guide Smile
Chipmaster wrote:
Yea, I actually searched your name a few days ago. Weird Confused Very Happy I remember those comments about the 1337 Guide Smile

You were searching my name?! Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours