Hi,

I've downloaded the USB8x drivers and copied it to the calculator (84+), but it's not working, so I've done something wrong.

USB8x is works with Doors CS isn't it? That's why I've putted this topic right over here.

But can anyone give me instructions to install the USB8x?
I'm going to the computer shop today to get a mini cable to an USB Hub, so I can try USB things on it.

So, anyone, please give me instructions to install USB8x. Good Idea

Greetings Xalo
its in the form of an App, so once its on your calc its installed. just press the [apps] button on your calc, scroll down to usb8x, and press enter.
Your OS must be 2.30 or higher. You also need the adapter cable (as you seem to have figured out).
guess I can't use it yet. OS 2.3 has one of the slowest graphing rates I have ever seen
Hi, and welcome! Yes, you do indeed need OS 2.30 or higher, available at http://education.ti.com . Hope this info helps!
Well, then I won't use it. I use 2.22 and I think it is more stable, plus it is faster.
Surprised I haven't tried either one yet, so I wouldn't know. What's slower in 2.3?
well, with me having math it is important, is the graphing speed is slow. I caompred to an 83+, and it beat mine
set the xres to 2, and it is like 500% faster then....(and, in some cases, makes a better looking graph, lol)
Kllrnohj wrote:
set the xres to 2, and it is like 500% faster then....(and, in some cases, makes a better looking graph, lol)

Smoother, maybe, but not as detailed. Very Happy
meh, i can't tell a difference, lol - and the extra speed is definitely worth it anyway Laughing
Fair enough, to each his own. Smile
I knew about X-Res, but I don't like to play with it. Beig I use graphs where things are important, I can't play around with it.
Exactly, I'm willing to put up with 2x time for 2x mroe detail.
right, but 2.22 is faster, with same detail, and I really don't see any other diffrence.
Fair enough. Does anyone have something further to say re: this?
AMS 3.10 has slower graphing too, but that's because it now has discontinuity checking (it can be turned off) that forces xres at 1 and makes it slower. This way the vertical asymtotes that make tan(x) look ugly are gone. Personally, they never really bothered me because if I need a picture of a graph, I use the graphing calc on my computer.
Yeah, the vertical asymptotic distortion always bothered me too...
Never noticed it yet (just starting Function, Statisics and Triginaomtry this year)
If you graph any function involving tan, secant, or cosecant, there's a vertical line connecting the -infinity and +infinity points. Bad TI! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours