1. Apartments- 3 apartments with different themes, connected by a hallway. You'd start in an average looking one, there'd be one on one end of the hall with ponies and rainbows, and other crap considered to be "girly", and a third one on the opposite side that plays host to a grisly murder scene.

2. Cruise Ship- As much as I'd love to have a full-size Spirit-class Panamax Merchant Ship(such as the Carnival Miracle), I don't think that would be feasible in this engine. So, I'd go with something smaller, probably less than half that size, which could still be very expansive for a minifigure, but not make the user's CPU cry blood. It would have several staterooms, allthough perhaps only one of each type would be accessible, some kind of dining room, a promenade, and of course a deck with a pool or two.

Now, I've heard of something called "zoning" I have no idea what this is, and I don't think I've ever used this before, but if it could reduce strain on most people's machines enough to make said full-size ship even remotely playable, I'd love to learn how to use it.
Both sound good Dshiz.
But didn't you make a cruiseship brick-build already? I suppose that would be less laggy as a map instead of a build.
Although that apartment one... grisly murders??
Perfect. Hope you can make it pretty gory.
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the apartment idea (well, I like the idea of a bunch of apartments, but not so much the themes you came up with). Razz The cruise ship idea is cool, though, and yes, zoning would help significantly to make this feasible.
DShiznit wrote:
2. Cruise Ship- As much as I'd love to have a full-size Spirit-class Panamax Merchant Ship(such as the Carnival Miracle), I don't think that would be feasible in this engine. So, I'd go with something smaller, probably less than half that size, which could still be very expansive for a minifigure, but not make the user's CPU cry blood. It would have several staterooms, allthough perhaps only one of each type would be accessible, some kind of dining room, a promenade, and of course a deck with a pool or two.

Now, I've heard of something called "zoning" I have no idea what this is, and I don't think I've ever used this before, but if it could reduce strain on most people's machines enough to make said full-size ship even remotely playable, I'd love to learn how to use it.

The cruise ship sounds excellent, particularly if there was some sort of kid's toy room where the users spawned.

As far as portals are concerned, check out this. http://tdn.garagegames.com/wiki/Constructor/Portals
oh cool. Are portals affected adversely by scaling of the interior?
during construction, or after it's been exported? I'm not really sure, but I'd recommend just building to scale. For reference, 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.6 is the size of 1x1x1 brick in constructor.
and 20 times the minifig is about the scale of a human being.
a cruise ship sounds very cool. That would leave hellaroom for secret areas, kitchens and whatnot. Engine room maybe.
I was only going to do the passenger areas, but if you're familiar with cruise ship engine rooms, go ahead and whip something up in Constructor...

http://go.nwa.travelpn.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=0B399BAFFC161557D5D7A89FEFBBEE1F.p0730?shipId=182
that looks like it would zone fairly well. The sweet thing about constructor is one of you could model the engines to an appropriate size, and then send it to DShiznit, for him to drop into his prefab folder, and the place however he wants.
Wow, I forgot just how fucking huge the spirit class was. I think I'll scale this down considerably. I only need 1 theatre, 1 restaurant, and some other assorted amenities. I could actually just re-create my cruise ship build in constructor...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours