Quote:
If you look closely, it's actually a cloth weave, but I'll change it to a tan color, like one of my sets of sheets.

I noticed the weave, but the colors are so similar, that it's still hard to differentiate from the walls at-a-glance.

Quote:
Definitely glowing decals, I'll look into the aforementioned DecalManager.

In particular, see how a sgDecalProjector works out for you.
Some nitpicks:

Do your real books not have pages on the back? I would also like to see a few more on that shelf, and have some spaces between some of them, leaving room for players to hide between them in ambush.

This has been addressed already, but seriously, WTF is this purple? The texture work on the front is weird too. It could also use a lightbulb, but if you're waiting for a model, I can whip one up in a few seconds...

How does your keyboard float like that?

You did not just share your actual router pass with the world...
DShiznit wrote:

How does your keyboard float like that?

my girlfriend said the same thing :p
You could do it with a couple rare earth, permanent magnets imbedded in the plywood and in the keyboard case. That would actually be pretty cool. Granted, you would have to have quite a few, very strong magnets to hold it up even while typing.
Did a ton of fixes based on feedback here, additions, and tweaks. I think it's just about done other than some light bulbs and maybe another baseplate. Please check out the SVN commit and see what you think. As always, be patient with the mission lightining.
that looks EPIC.
Looks great, Kerm. The only trouble is that <there are some glitches with collision meshes>.
CyberPrime wrote:
Looks great, Kerm. The only trouble is that <there are some issues with collision meshes>.

That's not a bug! It's a feature! Don't tell me you haven't always wanted to be Lego-Neo?
Let me know when we decide to allow players to stop time and increase JetForce to 10000000.
Hehe, I think I'll leave that in; if people discover it, they can build on the roof. Smile Here's some screenies; I just need to add one more thing to the bulletin board and light bulbs to the lamp and lights before I commit the (more or less) finalized version.

Click for full size
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, I think I'll leave that in; if people discover it, they can build on the roof. Smile

you don't have a choice Razz that's an FB issue, not a modeling issue.

And those look very sweet Very Happy nice work. I explored this morning, and I love it.
Something really cool would be to get about 6 computer screens hooked together and use them for gaming on win7. I could play Fable, read blogs, play DnDO, watch youtube, and something else all at once.
So I just checked in final edits including a new lamp and bulbs and such. I'd appreciate anyone willing to give it a gander.
will do Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
will do Very Happy
Thanks elfprince! I look forward to any comments. I'm aware that the lamp still has a few hairline fractures, but it's not the end of the world, I can live with it. I think other than that and the bulbs the only new addition is a new photo on my bulletin board. Cool points if you can identify it. Very Happy
Shmoopy, hmm?
It'd be awesome if you put some detail in the keyboard.
Kinda like this one I made awhile back in CShop.
That's very nice looking, but personally I don't think the polycount is worth it in an engine that seems to get shocked and appalled (currently, at least) at high polycount maps.
KermMartian wrote:
That's very nice looking, but personally I don't think the polycount is worth it in an engine that seems to get shocked and appalled (currently, at least) at high polycount maps.

It actually doesn't do too bad if you ship the maps with an up to date lighting file (at least with high poly interior maps). Currently I don't do that because the maps change so often and it's not worth having 500 lighting files in the svn.
Well you could always just put it in the SVN when it was the final version.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours