I've been working hard on vehicle collision physics and adding turrets to the engine. As of right now, vehicles actually bump each other around when crashed together, and collision resolution no longer hard freezes the game. The down side is that collision resolution occasionally fails, particularly with large flat surfaces, and you can phase vehicles through interior walls at low speed. The real issue is the collision algorithms used in Torque are not designed for vehicle interactions, and should probably be redone with some sort of continuous collision detection (at least from what i've been reading).

Another fix is that you may have noticed that once vehicles come to a complete stop (the "atRest" flag is set in the engine) they won't move again. This has been fixed.
Awesome. With the removal of much of the legacy TBM content at the request of Phatstreet, Luquado, and Chris, I look forward to creating some new, quality vehicles. Smile
Yes, they needed to be updated, and please, don't make a pimpmobile...
We do need a multi-person Vehicle though that can hold at most 6 people.
Lucas W wrote:
Yes, they needed to be updated, and please, don't make a pimpmobile...
Well, the PsiWing, DeltaWing, Train, Diesel, and Kart2 are mine. I also have an unfinished Tank idea on my hard drive somewhere. I think a new copter would be a nice addition, and I'll be doing a lot more train stuff. I'm hoping to make a buildable train base for freight and passenger cars.
Since we're re-doing the vehicles...

Meet my friends:

-Ferrari f360
and
-Fighter jet

I made them for tob 2.0...
but if we need more vehicle for TBG I'm glad to be of service, but i would like to be the one to make these since there has been lots of trouble of from an RTB user stealing the models Neutral...
I am strongly of the opinion that all vehicles should be block-oriented, that is, designed from actual bricks, not realistic. I think that fits the aesthetics of the game a lot better. Agreements or disagreements?
I agree. Block-themed vehicles are superior for a block game, though I very much like your modeling.
I agree, although, Marcus' things could be put into a seperate addon if he wishes
KermMartian wrote:
I am strongly of the opinion that all vehicles should be block-oriented, that is, designed from actual bricks, not realistic. I think that fits the aesthetics of the game a lot better. Agreements or disagreements?
Agreed.
Neutral ok.

well i was thinking of making some more "block themed" vehicles anyway.

I'll get back to you later with vehicle models...
smarcus6 wrote:
Neutral ok.

well i was thinking of making some more "block themed" vehicles anyway.

I'll get back to you later with vehicle models...
Don't get me wrong, those are very impressive and I absolutely hope you'll make them a downloadable Add-On. I just am of the opinion that the core vehicles included with the game should be more block-themed.
speaking of block-themed vehicles, is there a way to make builds into .dts files?
Xyno76 wrote:
speaking of block-themed vehicles, is there a way to make builds into .dts files?
We're going to have stuff like this when we add LDraw support (except they won't be dts)
What about a base vehicle which you could build bricks on so they will drive together with the base? Is it hard to make?
RTB did exactly that, and although I enjoyed it a bit, it was rather limited, as there were a handful of places you could mount bricks, and you had no control over their rotation...
We've been thinking about just that, Floodnick. Don't hold your breath, but we may figure something out.
I remember in my time of playing Roblox, there was a cart with a ] on the front were a player would go in, move forward and push it forward.
They are not his, I recognize the models from Turbosquid.
FeedBack wrote:
They are not his, I recognize the models from Turbosquid.
That's what I figured, they looked like rather extreme modeling skills. Smile No offense, of course.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours