does this mean when wiggy (might) join cemtech, will he have to re-make the wiggy patch?
it would be more work than it's worth to port over everything he made. It would make more sense to look at FreeBuild and what he feels needs improvement or extension and make those changes.
yea that would be true... still, i wonder if he knows 'bout cemtech yet...
We need to get Wiggy the hell on here, anyway...
i think i have one of his e-mail addresses... i might be able to get him here... >_>
Xyno76 wrote:
i think i have one of his e-mail addresses... i might be able to get him here... >_>

He has an account.
EmperorWiggy has been a member here for a long time. What is the Wiggy Patch?
It's a mod for ToB that adds Wiggy own touch to it, like having a word filtering system, way of keeping track of server bans, enabling god mode, giving/taking away super admin to people, controling people, knowing whenever people use the igob/editor etc
Lucas W wrote:
It's a mod for ToB that adds Wiggy own touch to it, like having a word filtering system, way of keeping track of server bans, enabling god mode, giving/taking away super admin to people, controling people, knowing whenever people use the igob/editor etc
Nice, that sounds like something I'd like to have to keep my eye on server abuse and keep order.
Yes, hopefully Wiggy can work with you to incorporate it into the official game.
He actually hasn't seemed that interested in helping with FreeBuild development, but I guess we'll see. I'd love to have another talented scripter on board so that I can really concentrate on the engine stuff. It takes Cyber and I both to do all the scripting that's been required so far.
I saw wiggy on TBM about half hour ago...

While i have been trying to port the radar into tbg as a mod i realise that i WILL have to redo the WHOLE GUI and have to redo most of the code involved with the Radar interface :C

Whats worse is That the Radar has only 3 Main script files yet it will take me more than a few weeks to finnish...

So just try to imagine WiggyPatch or MarcusPatch being ported to TBG... Sad
I've been a member here for a while. I had another account a few years ago when I came here as a calculator enthusiast but I'm not sure what happened to it. I've been on vacation since Christmas Eve and I just got back an hour ago.

I'm probably not going to port that anytime soon since I'm still tinkering with it. Blackjack and I are still trying to contact Vulpes or anyone who can export a blender model so we can release a parachute that's been in the works for longer than I'd like to admit.
well that's nice to know your back... and that you're contributing to TBG =P
elfprince13 wrote:
He actually hasn't seemed that interested in helping with FreeBuild development, but I guess we'll see. I'd love to have another talented scripter on board so that I can really concentrate on the engine stuff. It takes Cyber and I both to do all the scripting that's been required so far.

I'm late to replying to this but I'd love to help out with scripting/code work whenever I can. I've been with the v002 community for a while and I can work well in both torquescript and C++, but I prefer to keep the bulk of my work to the source. I'm also an experienced 3D and 2D artist, with some previous work being created with the Torque toolset.

I don't have regular access to hardware right now, but when I do I'll fill out an application or whatever you guys require.
Sigfig, you pretty much have two choices here:

One is finding bugs and fixing them, posting all the changes you made in a forum somewhere, or PMing them to Elf or I. From there we would decide what to do as far as you joining as an official dev.

Your second is to write a nice PM to Elf, asking him, kindly, to join. At first you might not have SVN access, but that would likely quickly change.
I'll start helping with bugs and stuff while I don't have reliable access to my laptop.

I'll also try and produce some needed artwork for you guys later. I haven't done GUI design in a while so it will be good practice.
Sigfig wrote:
I'll start helping with bugs and stuff while I don't have reliable access to my laptop.

I'll also try and produce some needed artwork for you guys later. I haven't done GUI design in a while so it will be good practice.

Better than PMing me code is to join our Bountysource community page, submit bug reports there, and then post code to fix the bugs there.
Could you link me to that?
Look under the development tab here: https://tbg.bountysource.com/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours