Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Are you saying that some of them were grayscale to begin with? It's a bit hard to tell from that image.

They all were, but some had a lot of solid areas of a color of gray, which I had to edit a bit for outlines and details.
Ah, gotcha. In that case, I must say that you did quite a decent job! Congratulations.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Are you saying that some of them were grayscale to begin with? It's a bit hard to tell from that image.

They all were, but some had a lot of solid areas of a color of gray, which I had to edit a bit for outlines and details.
Ah, gotcha. In that case, I must say that you did quite a decent job! Congratulations.

Thank you.

Here is what I have, 10 per row, and it is reading(for the sprites) left to right, and up to down like a book, these correspond to them sprites 1 per sprite obviously, if you need help understand this, let me know.

Scientist
    ?
    Swimmer
    Ash
    ?
    ?
    BugCatcher
    ?
    NurseJoy
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    CeruleanCityofficerduringTeamRocketincident
    ?
    ?
    Bruno
    Loralei(spellingcheck)
    Ash
    Gary
    ProfessorOak
    Youngster
    Lass
    ?
    ?
    Blaine
    OldManthatteachesyoutouseaPokeball
    JrTrainer(Male)
    ?
    Hiker
    ?
    Gentlemen
    ?
    Brock
    ?
    FireBreather
    ?
    ?
    Giovanni
    TeamRocketGrunt
    Channeler
    PoliceOfficer
    Erika
    ?
    Misty
    Lance
    YourMom
    ?
    ?
    OfficerJenny

Added picture to the top of this list for easier checking/comparing. -tifreak8x
Alright, I have decided that for now, I will simply play the game as I build it (like I was) and simply use this sprite sheet to more easily draw out the NPCs. I am going to -try- to do some work on it tonight or this weekend. No promises though.
tifreak8x wrote:
Alright, I have decided that for now, I will simply play the game as I build it (like I was) and simply use this sprite sheet to more easily draw out the NPCs. I am going to -try- to do some work on it tonight or this weekend. No promises though.

That is probably the best idea, as I can't even guarantee all those are actual trainer sprites.

Keep us up to date, I would love to know your progress. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

That is probably the best idea, as I can't even guarantee all those are actual trainer sprites.

Keep us up to date, I would love to know your progress. Very Happy
Ditto here, I hope you get to make some progress, although of course no pressure if you don't.
Good luck tifreak8x. I hope you are less busy soon Smile
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Seconded 100%. Smile
thirded (?) Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Actually, I hope he continues to be busy, because business has been slow for him lately. His real-life ability to pay his bills is better for us in the long run, because he'll at some point have time to work on Pokemon Purple.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Actually, I hope he continues to be busy, because business has been slow for him lately. His real-life ability to pay his bills is better for us in the long run, because he'll at some point have time to work on Pokemon Purple.

Good point, in fact, great point, and I agree with you.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Thanks. Smile I know first-hand how important it is to keep a hold over your real life and not to put projects ahead of your work, school assignments, sleep, sanity, and social life.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Thanks. Smile I know first-hand how important it is to keep a hold over your real life and not to put projects ahead of your work, school assignments, sleep, sanity, and social life.

I fully understand that too, I just managed yet again to overlook all of those things. :/
So, back in the game I think. Been digging around in my notes, trying to refresh myself on where I left off. Decided to:

-Draw the 16x16 npc sprites as I come to them.
-Dropping the 32x32 sprites for NPCs, that's extra work over something that has already been started.
-Get this blasted battle system underway.

That is all, for the moment.
To duplicate my post from the Introductory thread, blah blah Sonlen blah blah trainer sprites blah blah 16x16.
KermMartian wrote:
To duplicate my post from the Introductory thread, blah blah Sonlen blah blah trainer sprites blah blah 16x16.

Wow, Kerm spamming his own forum, ironic no?

And I am looking forward to you finishing the battle system tifreak, this better be a great game with all the work put into it, no pressure though. :p
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Wow, Kerm spamming his own forum, ironic no?

And I am looking forward to you finishing the battle system tifreak, this better be a great game with all the work put into it, no pressure though. :p

What, it isn't already? >[

Joking.. XD
I don't think you're joking (nor should you be); Sonlen's comment is like Albert Huang telling me that Doors CS is a "good start". I think it's a great game already, and certainly worth the years and years of work that you've already put into it.
Thanks Kerm. And yeah, I wasn't really kidding XD How could you tell? :p

As to what you asked before, I plan on using that sheet, as I can actually SEE it vs the screen on the gameboy or emulator. I just don't know who is who, so to make that easier, I will just go through and draw the npcs and store their hex into the sprite data appvar as I get to them in the actual game. Make things a whole lot easier. ^ ^
KermMartian wrote:
I don't think you're joking (nor should you be); Sonlen's comment is like Albert Huang telling me that Doors CS is a "good start". I think it's a great game already, and certainly worth the years and years of work that you've already put into it.

Well thanks, 2 jokes in a day that no one seems to realize it was a joke....
I need to work on that I guess if I am going to joke like that anymore.

tifreak8x wrote:
Thanks Kerm. And yeah, I wasn't really kidding XD How could you tell? :p

As to what you asked before, I plan on using that sheet, as I can actually SEE it vs the screen on the gameboy or emulator. I just don't know who is who, so to make that easier, I will just go through and draw the npcs and store their hex into the sprite data appvar as I get to them in the actual game. Make things a whole lot easier. ^ ^

In all honesty tifreak, if I wasn't impressed and amazed by what I had already seen, I would have never offered to help, I know this was an amazing start (as in it isn't finished) and I knew it was going to be one of the best when it is finally released.

Page 24 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours