http://www.thebettermod.org is going.
Mix has announced, albeit to the wrong audience, perhaps, but still, that he will soon be shutting down the forum.
Today, the first of January, 2010, at 01:12:19 PM, Mix announced to the Retail forums:

Mix wrote:
My server has been the focus of many attacks because I host the forum for a community that no longer even makes a mod! It also becomes a personal attack because my personal websites are also on the same web host. I will soon be shutting down the forum because I am no longer willing to allow this to go on.

(Source)

On the most practical side, save what you want to save, get what you need. Assume the worst; the FTP and all forumnal services will be disabled. Mix has stated that he plans to archive the old forum, and keep the files, but this is by no means concrete. TOB will likely be reuploaded to another location, and do not forget that the Wiggy Patch and all considered essentials are still available from their relevant creators. Also remember, friends of TBM, such as MysteryGuy and Coollucas still have their websites.

DShiznit has indicated that he wishes to port an equivalent of The Orange Block to TBG, so that is to be expected in the near future also.

To his credit, as a webhost, Mix's behavior was spotless. He behaved with integrity, and provided a small game a home for free, and longer than he ever would have been expected. Never once did he ask for anything.

I remember the old Mix-Networks. Before it was wiped once, and was a bustling community and before it fractured into all these individuals, who grew into their own ideas and ran with them.
Back when we were 4 years younger and lighter.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
http://www.thebettermod.org is going.
Mix has announced, albeit to the wrong audience, perhaps, but still, that he will soon be shutting down the forum.
Today, the first of January, 2010, at 01:12:19 PM, Mix announced to the Retail forums:

Mix wrote:
My server has been the focus of many attacks because I host the forum for a community that no longer even makes a mod! It also becomes a personal attack because my personal websites are also on the same web host. I will soon be shutting down the forum because I am no longer willing to allow this to go on.

(Source)

On the most practical side, save what you want to save, get what you need. Assume the worst; the FTP and all forumnal services will be disabled. Mix has stated that he plans to archive the old forum, and keep the files, but this is by no means concrete. TOB will likely be reuploaded to another location, and do not forget that the Wiggy Patch and all considered essentials are still available from their relevant creators. Also remember, friends of TBM, such as MysteryGuy and Coollucas still have their websites.

DShiznit has indicated that he wishes to port an equivalent of The Orange Block to TBG, so that is to be expected in the near future also.

To his credit, as a webhost, Mix's behavior was spotless. He behaved with integrity, and provided a small game a home for free, and longer than he ever would have been expected. Never once did he ask for anything.

I remember the old Mix-Networks. Before it was wiped once, and was a bustling community and before it fractured into all these individuals, who grew into their own ideas and ran with them.
Back when we were 4 years younger and lighter.

so yer save chat colors and stuff. 2.0 and umm WPS ill go scavenge it if its up.
Quote:

Lulz. When people will start to mod the game in so big scale, we will soon have TBG's TBM and TBG's RTB O-o

And ontopic, w00t w00t.
That sad to hear; I was one of the stalwarts of the old Mix-Networks forum. Sad On a practical note, I hope the influx of TOB'ers to Cemetech won't prompt similar attacks here. Sad
on a funny note, Mix found this site http://www.bettermod.org/
Dontar wrote:
on a funny note, Mix found this site http://www.bettermod.org/
Haha, nice find there, Dontar. I always wanted to modify my mortgage.
Quote:
Roblox and bl VS TBM

but there is no more tbm...
There's still TBM, just no forums.
ok, i get you. well i downloaded lots of stuff of the tbm site about a week ago, does anyone know a good place to upload it all? Laughing
here?
lol ok? well i think i have some older versions of tob and i still have the tob2.0 zip did you want me to upload that?
smarcus6 wrote:
0x5 ok? well i think i have some older versions of tob and i still have the tob2.0 zip did you want me to upload that?

yes upload that.

Five still has all most ever thing you guys may be missing.
Just some grammar prodding for fun.

@Ted: s/all most/almost/
@Smarcus: *Well, I think I have some older versions of TOB, and I still have the TOB 2.0 zip. Did you want me to upload that?

Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours