Crossposted to TBM forum.

Well, it's the moment we've all been waiting for! I won't dilly dally...

New Year's Day

Yea, some of you have guessed it already but this should give you something to be excited about. We've been working on this for quite some time, and submitted over 200 SVN commits. We're a proud of what we have now, but there's still plenty to go before we release our first, finished version. We do, however, have many of the major things done;

Mod System - Allows for quick and easy pre-packaged mods to be installed, uninstalled, enabled and disabled.
Cemetech Integration - Logging in to Cemetech allows you to connect to other's profiles, send PMs, etc. Eventually we plan to have an online mod system and build save sharing.
New inventory system - 3d, on-the-fly generated previews of bricks, and new catagorization; splitting bricks and tools
New Engine - this comes with new abilities for you as a player and us as developers as well as improved speed and memory usage.
Dynload - dynamic loading of Datablocks, greatly reducing the datablock loading times. This also lets you load and unload datablocks on demand.

There's a whole slew of other features, but you will have to wait to see them for yourselves.

And of course, yes, it is completely Open Source.
Woohoo, can't wait for the New Year's release! I look forward to coordinating with you guys about possibly using the Cemetech archives as a stepping-off point for sharing and distributing saves and builds. Smile Good luck.
Woot Woot, I can't wait, Maybe we'll be able to replace UT2k4 as our DM game with the completely free FreeBuild. Smile
it's worth noting that Dynload doesn't eliminate datablock loading times. Just makes them more manageable by only loading those datablocks which are specifically requested.
Edited.
Yesh, Yesh, only few days left! I have no patience. This shall be great. I hope some of the RTB 1.045 community will come here too, i am informing them about any news :P But most of them still feel anti-TBMish...
Anxious to get my hands on building.
Looks pretty neat so far! Keep up the good work and know I'll make maps for you but I can't make interiors.
Sephiroth wrote:
Looks pretty neat so far! Keep up the good work and know I'll make maps for you but I can't make interiors.
Sephiroth, long time no see! How's it shaking?
Not much has happened, I went to retail all that (Let me rephrase this. I went to retail and the admins treated me poorly and hacked me over so I can't go back on it. I still play RTB though). I grew a pair and I'm mature now so don't worry about pressing the drama button Laughing
Sephiroth wrote:
Not much has happened, I went to retail all that (Let me rephrase this. I went to retail and the admins treated me poorly and hacked me over so I can't go back on it. I still play RTB though). I grew a pair and I'm mature now so don't worry about pressing the drama button 0x5
Haha, good to hear. Well, welcome to Cemetech and such, glad you're looking forward to Freebuild, and I anticipate seeing you ingame. Smile

Edit: Sephiroth, Floodnik asked that I point you over to SAX on the left side of this (and every Cemetech) page, where we hang out and chat.
Sephiroth wrote:
Not much has happened, I went to retail all that (Let me rephrase this. I went to retail and the admins treated me poorly and hacked me over so I can't go back on it. I still play RTB though). I grew a pair and I'm mature now so don't worry about pressing the drama button 0x5

I do seem to remember you joining my server (D'ni Jazz Club) from RTB with the automessage 'TBM Players are F***ing f**s" or similar around a week ago. I was rather miffed.
I never even go on TOB servers. So don't accuse me for that. I get impostered all the time and nobody cares. I don't even care about tbm anymore so leave me alone.
Sephiroth wrote:
I never even go on TOB servers. So don't accuse me for that. I get impostered all the time and nobody cares. I don't even care about tbm anymore so leave me alone.

/facepalm

You were on RTB, obviously, as your were auto-kicked.
Your automessage was the above, and have you failed to notice that TBG is TBM's successor?
Careful, guys, let's keep it civil. If he says he was impostered I would tend to believe him...
And besides, I wouldn't say TBMers are f*gs. Besides, I don't even insult people with a childish level of grammar.
Sephiroth wrote:
And besides, I wouldn't say TBMers are f*gs. Besides, I don't even insult people with a childish level of grammar.

Fine, i'll accept it was an alt.
But childish level of grammar?
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:

I think he meant he wouldn't stoop to insulting people by calling them that.
If I'm going to insult you, I'm going to say something like 'You're just a bunch of losers who waste too much of your precious lives playing on the computer instead of life' or so. I wouldn't say 'TBMers are all stupid *Insert Profanity*!!' So yeah. I don't want any fighting okay bro?
KermMartian wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:

I think he meant he wouldn't stoop to insulting people by calling them that.

Ah, I see.
Point taken.

Hostilities aside, Elfprince has asked me to release a map alongside TBG. I agreed. Anyone interested?
Since i'm still working on it, suggestions would be great.

It can be found here:
http://thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&id=14979&catid=15

Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours