elrunethe2nd wrote:
[...]Hostilities aside, Elfprince has asked me to release a map alongside TBG. I agreed. Anyone interested?
Since i'm still working on it, suggestions would be great.

It can be found here:
http://thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&id=14979&catid=15
Looks nice so far; did you get the strange fog/foliage issues worked out yet?
The foliage is all transparent.
The fog, mysteriously cuts off behind each foliage from under ~45 degrees from the horizontal, so the plants have to be either really small or the fog must go. Still not sure quite what to do there.
That would make a great addition, elrune. It would be even better to get some really good looking terrains and hanging plants going with it.
sounds- GREAT! Smile

Im looking forward to this, and im really interested in the new mod-loading system! Cool
iSchorle wrote:
sounds- GREAT! Smile

Im looking forward to this, and im really interested in the new mod-loading system! Cool
Excellent, thanks for the enthusiasm, and welcome to Cemetech! Smile
CyberPrime wrote:

New Engine - this comes with new abilities for you as a player and us as developers as well as improved speed and memory usage.

Does this mean it wont be in Torque-Script?
Frost_Sabre wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

New Engine - this comes with new abilities for you as a player and us as developers as well as improved speed and memory usage.

It's still Torque - just newer.
calc84maniac wrote:

Thank god. Was thinking i wouldn't be able to edit it.
Ill have something to do soon :>
calc84maniac wrote:
Frost_Sabre wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

More specifically, it's a newer version of the Torque engine that fixes a lot of the lag and performance issues that plagued v.0002 of Blockland as well as all the mods that were built off of it.

Edit: @Sabre, awesome, what will you be writing? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: @Sabre, awesome, what will you be writing? Smile

Anything that comes to mind. Razz

KermMartian wrote:
It's a newer version of the Torque engine that fixes a lot of the lag and performance issues.....

Sounds good. Ill be waiting.

Edit: Oh BTW, which ports will this be using on default? (connection)
28000, same as last time.

Keep in mind that we haven't done much in terms of lag reduction because we've been waiting to implement LDraw.
CyberPrime wrote:
28000, same as last time.

Keep in mind that we haven't done much in terms of lag reduction because we've been waiting to implement LDraw.
Sorry, I was talking more about graphics lag than network (block transfer) lag. Smile Didn't mean to muddy the waters there.
still can't wait! Rolling Eyes only a few more days!

didnt expect an alpha release... Razz
I would really like to see mouse camera controll put back into the game.
Lucas W wrote:

wait its not in there? what do you mean mouse camera controll? like f8, that flying camera thing? I sure hope thats not what you mean that was essential for some things like moving past walls quickly or fighting past gravity. hope thats not it Neutral
no I meant controlling your view. EG. moving your mouse up in ToB would make your camera rotate up.
will the server use TCP or UDP ports?

if TCP then expect a (hopefully) 24/7 server out of me, if udp a hamachi server..
Lucas W wrote:
no I meant controlling your view. EG. moving your mouse up in ToB would make your camera rotate up.

thanks for clearing that up.
Quote:

You mean we can't look up or down in first/third person?
OMG 2 HOURS TO NEW YEARS DAY HERE IN AUSTRALIA!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours