go for it. On-Mode is used by Omnicalc and On-Programs is used be Krolypto, so those shouldn't be used.
Fair enough.
Idea I wonder how difficult it would be to make the key combo user-settable? Surprised
oh, that would be sweet. Try to see if it could be done though. I like it!!!
It might be a bit tricky though. I'd have to decide if it would be worth it. Hehe...imagine if some made [ENTER] or [2nd] be the keyhook... Laughing
or you could have it always have to be a ON-[insert Key here] thing
Yeah, I think that's the best way to do it. And [2nd] won't be an option!!! Very Happy
yeah, but I don't thing the calc would turn off if you did that.
Exactly. You'd never be able to turn your calc off, only APD would work.
well, when I do an on-[button] thing, I just hold on the press the button, and if you do a 2nd+On, it would still turn off.
You may not want to do ON+ALPHA since that works like DIAMOND+ON for the 68k if MOS has the option set...
Oooohhhh, you're right about that. OK, other suggestions?
yeah... i was about to say that...

i say yeah, ON + DEL sounds good... key hooks are the coolest thing since z80 ASM... Razz
yeah, that is the thing I use Omnicalc for. I do not use Omnicalc in my programs though.
I don't think anyone uses Omnicalc in their programs. It restricts how many people download them.

Kerm, you could also put an interrupt tasker in DCS 6, so you can do stuff while running ASM programs (pause, alter speed, alter contrast,...).
I used the older versions that when left alone changed to the extra characters (such as $, @, &, etc), but always in strings...it's a pity that it doesn't do that anymore...
I was thinking about doind Omnicalc version of my programs, but there would be non-omnicalc versions also.
The best thing to use Omnicalc for is creating font sets to make graphics in Basic programs better. The sprite( command could be useful, but it is too inefficient to input all the arguments.
Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking of having some custom font sets in DCS6: 3x3, 4x3, 5x3, and 6x4 monochrome; 5x3 antialiased grayscale. Only ASM accessible, though.
what, ASM only, your no fun. Just Joking

Maybe you could include some cool stuff in the TI-OS also.
yeah really... no fun at all... maybe you could create a way BASIC programs could call the special features... and only in DCS optimized programs Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours