ah ok..yeah that would be nice
Eeems wrote:
ah ok..yeah that would be nice
OK, I can easily add that feature. I wonder if tinyurl is smart enough to echo the link back if you pass it a tinyurl link...
*bump* due to network disruption at the colocation facility for saxjax and the gCn metahub, those two Cemetech services are temporarily offline until further notice. They will hopefully be resolved shortly.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* due to network disruption at the colocation facility for saxjax and the gCn metahub, those two Cemetech services are temporarily offline until further notice. They will hopefully be resolved shortly.
Apart from asking in IRC, do you know why the facility is down? Servicing, moving?
Yeah, a viral infection on a computer on the same subnet caused a DDoS; to protect the rest of the network, the subnet was disconnected. It seems like the machine in question was taken offline now, so hopefully I'll be able to restore the services in question soon.
*necrobump* Please let me know if anything is wrong with saxjax. Because I fail at both backups and Linux commands, I rolled back to an older saxjax. Bug reports would be greatly appreciated, especially if you notice it doing something "new" or failing in some new and exciting way.
Can I slap people again?
elfprince13 wrote:
Can I slap people again?
The command seems to not be enabled, but also no longer in the bad words list, unless I'm immune.

Edit: Nevermind, Lionel was kind enough to test. It's still a bad word.
+s are being stripped IRC->SAX, and html entities like > seem to be getting double-escaped. Though apparently this is DoorsCS's fault, and not saxjax's fault.
elfprince13 wrote:
+s are being stripped IRC->SAX, and html entities like > seem to be getting double-escaped. Though apparently this is DoorsCS's fault, and not saxjax's fault.

That seems to be the fault of me throwing things through BeautifulSoup for output, I think the fix should be as easy as making sure it is only used for SAX->IRC and not IRC->SAX.
Quote:
13:03:30 (#) AHelper0: Very Happy
13:03:28 (#) AHelper0: KermM, bug report!
13:03:19 (#) AHelper0: <kermm> breaking saxjax test</kermm>
13:03:08 (C) ***AHelper has entered the room.
13:03:08 (C) ***AHelper has logged in.

XML open tags get auto-closed still.
AHelper wrote:
Quote:
13:03:30 (#) AHelper0: Very Happy
13:03:28 (#) AHelper0: KermM, bug report!
13:03:19 (#) AHelper0: <kermm> breaking saxjax test</kermm>
13:03:08 (C) ***AHelper has entered the room.
13:03:08 (C) ***AHelper has logged in.

XML open tags get auto-closed still.

Yes, this is caused by the same issue and should be fixed via the same fix I mentioned in the post above.
Quote:
21:42 <@Jonimus> I used it mainly for sax->irc
21:42 <@Jonimus> but the old code was one routine so I modified it rather than rewrite.
22:39 <@Jonimus> Yeah i should really split out the URL finding code and the actual shortening
of it
22:40 <@Jonimus> that will make splitting the code paths for the two routes easier
22:40 <@Jonimus> I'll do that tomorrow if I remember
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
21:42 <@Jonimus> I used it mainly for sax->irc
21:42 <@Jonimus> but the old code was one routine so I modified it rather than rewrite.
22:39 <@Jonimus> Yeah i should really split out the URL finding code and the actual shortening
of it
22:40 <@Jonimus> that will make splitting the code paths for the two routes easier
22:40 <@Jonimus> I'll do that tomorrow if I remember

Really we should make the actually saxjax code, as in the stuff calling urllib and the like part of its own class so that the standalone saxjax bot and the DoorsCS plugin can use the same code rather than the current diverged code paths. But that's work, and I'd need an updated copy of the standalone bot to do so. Not to mention I am really really rusty with python.
Joins and parts don't show up in SAX as far as I can tell.
Since the Simms servers that host Saxjax (and the new Nikky_ bot) are offline anyway, I've been migrating my November 2011 Saxjax backup to my and comicIDIOT's dedicated server, which is also responsible for our Minecraft and Unreal Tournament 2004 servers. I have added round-robin'ing of failing IRC servers to hopefully improve Saxjax's uptime before manual intervention is needed, and I'm still debugging various features of that. I'm also trying to implement as many of the changes between the November 2011 and October 2012 versions of Saxjax that I can remember, including removing its deprecated fetching of a Cemetech session cookie on started and improving its URL-shortening features.
Sounds like good work!
elfprince13 wrote:
Sounds like good work!
Thanks. Smile Got the bugs and issues straightened out for now; saxjax is back up and running from Amethyst.
Kerm you still need go give me the nice updated version so I can roll those updates into DoorsCS's backup.
TheStorm wrote:
Kerm you still need go give me the nice updated version so I can roll those updates into DoorsCS's backup.
Will do. Let me finish cleaning up my current code when I have the chance, though, including the long-overdue task of rolling the saxbot class (containing SAX-specific code) into a separate Python file.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours