I have found an old parallax micro controller in my garage, but I have no way of sending the program to it. On the chip it says "First Step | PBASIC Micro | (c) 98 by lynxmotion, Inc", it also says "PARALLAX INC. STAMP 1.4". I have searched google and parallax's website many times now, and have not found the cable to transfer the programs with. I will post pictures as soon as I find a high enough resolution camera.
_player1537 wrote:
I have found an old parallax micro controller in my garage, but I have no way of sending the program to it. On the chip it says "First Step | PBASIC Micro | (c) 98 by lynxmotion, Inc", it also says "PARALLAX INC. STAMP 1.4". I have searched google and parallax's website many times now, and have not found the cable to transfer the programs with. I will post pictures as soon as I find a high enough resolution camera.
I believe my dad uses a BASIC Stamp in one of his R/C Planes. But it may be a 2.0 and may use a USB. Haven't had any experience with STAMP in many years.
comicIDIOT wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
I believe my dad uses a BASIC Stamp in one of his R/C Planes. But it may be a 2.0 and may use a USB. Haven't had any experience with STAMP in many years.

My stepdad used it to make a robot that drove around according to what was on the computer, then used a wireless system to send the commands.
BASIC Stamp 1 Serial Adapter

BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual (see pg. 25)
that doesn't look like the one I've got.

sorry for the fuzzy picture

This should help you figure out where you should hook up the serial adapter: OEM BS1 Schematic
honestly, I have no idea how to read this and make sense of it. Sorry my scout group is just going over that in a couple of days.
Here's what you need to do:

1. Buy the BS1 serial adapter and a "null modem" serial cable
2. Connect VSS on the serial adapter to pin 5 of the 18-pin chip on your board
3. Connect PCO on the serial adapter to pin 2 of the 18-pin chip on your board
4. Connect PCI on the serial adapter to pin 3 of the 18-pin chip on your board
5. Connect one end of the serial cable into your computer and the other into the serial adapter
6. Power on your board
7. Click here, read some of the articles, download the BASIC Stamp Windows Editor, and off you go!
thank you, I will do that as soon as I get some money, or my birthday
No prob. You may want to pick up a multimeter, some wire, a soldering iron and some solder to help connect the serial adapter to the board, or you can take the easy way out and contact Lynxmotion and ask them to send you another cable Razz
by solder, you mean I have to keep the cable on my board all the time, or do you mean solder the individual parts of my board together, ie resistors, capacitors, etc?
I mean solder wires directly to the chip on the board so you can hook up the serial adapter, as I don't see a 3-pin programming header on the board and I can't find an RJ11 (RJ45?) BS1 programming adapter online (you'd probably have to get it from the manufacturer of your board, namely Lynxmotion).
could the three pin adapter maybe be this?

That is where the programming cable that came with your particular board would connect to; however, if you look at the BS1 serial adapter on Parallax's site, you will notice that the connector on that adapter and the connector on your board do not match; you would have to contact Lynxmotion for the proper cable, or follow my instructions above on how to hack one up yourself Smile
ok, thank you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours