Are you interested in building a Snega2usb?
Yes
 28%  [ 2 ]
No
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

I've had my eye on this project for the past few months: http://www.snega2usb.com

Anyone interested in building one? Possibly as part of the kit I have planned?
Don't all vote at once now.
i think that looks awsome but id break something

i have plenty of old snes games the it could work with
Quote:
The snega2usb is not for you if… you don’t see the difference between making private backup copies of games that you own, and downloading 10,000 ROMs from the internets.

Looks like it isn't for me *shrug*

I do want to build SOMETHING though. I've got a ton more disposable income than before (yay job!). I was thinking of getting an arduino or something, tho
Kllrnohj wrote:
Quote:
The snega2usb is not for you if… you don’t see the difference between making private backup copies of games that you own, and downloading 10,000 ROMs from the internets.

Looks like it isn't for me *shrug*

Goodsets ftw Very Happy

Kllrnohj wrote:
I do want to build SOMETHING though. I've got a ton more disposable income than before (yay job!). I was thinking of getting an arduino or something, tho

Just got my security deposit on my old apartment back, so now I can work on the kit again Very Happy

I've been hearing a lot about the arduino project for the past year or so now; I never looked into them much because IMO arduino is sorta like the BASIC Stamp of AVRs (actually, BASIC Stamp and Arduino are two competing standards), and if you're working with microcontrollers why add unnecessary layers of abstraction and overhead? Although, in the case of Arduino the programming language is essentially just C/C++ with Wiring and is closer to machine code than BASIC is to a PIC or an SX chip in a BASIC Stamp.
Arduino is neat and beginner-friendly, but it's hardly much more difficult to do the work in C (or even assembly, given the limited instruction sets in the common hobbyist micros). You can implement everything Arduino does yourself for less than the cost of Arduino, plus you get to learn while you implement it.
I liked the idea of Arduino because it was cheap, there are tons of hacks with it, and you can write straight AVR-C if you want to.

Don't know if its worth getting or not, as I have *no* idea what I'd do with it :/
Interesting video:

tl;dw PICAXE is unbelievably high-level (srsly using only a flowchart to program wtf?), AVRs are awesome, Arduino is just a glorified AVR devboard, shields are NEATO!, and ye ole ASM programmers are dicks (but I really CAN code faster and more efficiently in ASM than C; inlining is for pussies Razz).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours