Now, I hesitate to mention this because 1000 people is few enough, and more competition means I'm less likely to get it myself, but Sparkfun is giving away up to $100 of parts to the first 1000 customers that visit on January 7th. I bring you the read link:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=305
Oh, you saw this on Hackaday, too?

I predict their server(s) will come crashing down, and there will be many disappointed attempted customers. I fully intend to attempt to jump on it, so I can pick up some goodies. Finally a reason to pick up some GPS and RFID swag!
The Tari wrote:
Oh, you saw this on Hackaday, too?

I predict their server(s) will come crashing down, and there will be many disappointed attempted customers. I fully intend to attempt to jump on it, so I can pick up some goodies. Finally a reason to pick up some GPS and RFID swag!
Indeed, I believe thousands upon thousands will have a cart lined up and a javascript pounding on the 'buy' button.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Dear Hardware Nerds,
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=305

That is all,
love, me

You do realize that we already have 3 topics discussing this?!

Pasted here from elfprince's deleted topic.

Edit: My $99.90 shopping list for tomorrow!

Code:
Products
                                        Unit Price  Qty  Subtotal
Thumb Slide Joystick                   $3.50       1    $3.50
Antenna GPS Embedded SMA               $11.95       1     $11.95
Gyro Breakout Board - LISY300AL 300°/s  $24.95       1     $24.95
Arduino USB Board                       $29.95       1     $29.95
RF Link Transmitter - 434MHz            $3.95       2     $7.90
RF Link 4800bps Receiver - 434MHz       $5.95       2     $11.90
Triple Output LED RGB - Diffused       $1.95       3     $5.85
Triple Output LED RGB                    $1.95       1     $3.90
     Shopping Cart Total:      $99.90
Post your shopping lists!

9V to 2.1 Barrel Jack
SOIC to DIP Adapter 28-Pin
I2C EEPROM - 256kbit
Buzzer - PC Mount 12mm 2.048kHz
Arduino USB Board
Analog/Digital MUX Breakout
Beginner Parts Kit
Graphic LCD 128x64 STN LED Backlight
Breadboard Clear Self-Adhesive
One Wire Digital Temperature Sensor - DS18B20

Total: $100.80

Mostly just parts for the kit plus some extra doo-dads.
See my post above for mine; it's mostly Clove 3 and Ultimate Calculator 3 parts, with a few assorted other things thrown in.
KermMartian wrote:
See my post above for mine; it's mostly Clove 3 and Ultimate Calculator 3 parts, with a few assorted other things thrown in.

I'm hoping that if I'm well below the 100$ they'll cover shipping Very Happy I'll be getting RFID readers and tags. Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm hoping that if I'm well below the 100$ they'll cover shipping Very Happy I'll be getting RFID readers and tags. Very Happy

Nope; you have to pay for shipping.
Word on twitter is that the Sparkfun IRC admins have declared Free Day moved; still waiting for official confirmation (especially since 99% of my reloads of Sparkfun are crashing).
Darn, I got up early for this and everything...
KermMartian wrote:
Word on twitter is that the Sparkfun IRC admins have declared Free Day moved; still waiting for official confirmation (especially since 99% of my reloads of Sparkfun are crashing).

Well, the timer on SparkFun's website is still going...
magicdanw wrote:
Darn, I got up early for this and everything...
Oddly enough, I'm able to load their frontpage, but http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/shopping_cart.php has been inaccessible for the past ten or fifteen minutes. Razz
Did anyone get a free order? I made it to the shipping method page but not to the payment page Sad
magicdanw wrote:
Did anyone get a free order? I made it to the shipping method page but not to the payment page Sad

Kerm was the only one who made it; the rest of us were pushing F5 in vain for 2 hours.
Sad And now the beginner's kit is backordered...
I managed to make it all the way when they were around $50k orders! I am pretty happy to have paid $4.58 for $99.90 of electronics. I'll be sure to let you guys know about my experience with the stuff when it finally arrives.
magicdanw wrote:

I'm surprised that was the only thing in the kit that's backordered...

Did you buy the rest of the parts anyways or are you waiting for it to come back in stock?
I'm going to wait for it all to come back in stock, so that if it takes a week or two I'll just have it all mailed straight to school (home for about two more weeks).
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
magicdanw wrote:

Did you buy the rest of the parts anyways or are you waiting for it to come back in stock?
I was very happy to see that my Duemillanove was not backordered, since they have 2907 in stock. Woot for my order hopefully shipping soon.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
magicdanw wrote:

I was very happy to see that my Duemillanove was not backordered, since they have 2907 in stock. Woot for my order hopefully shipping soon.

So how many times did your CC get charged? Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours