Little kids on XBox Live that suck, get everyone killed, have extremely high-pitched voices and whine everytime they die.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Little kids on XBox Live that suck, get everyone killed, have extremely high-pitched voices and whine everytime they die.
Solution: don't use voice chatting when you play multiplayer games online. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

True, but they still get everyone killed by their presence; game developers need to improve skill level matching so I don't get paired up with 10 year olds on summer vacation (and I'm not exaggerating on that last part either).
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

True, but they still get everyone killed by their presence; game developers need to improve skill level matching so I don't get paired up with 10 year olds on summer vacation (and I'm not exaggerating on that last part either).

no. the problem is is that parents are letting thier little 10 year old kids playing halo and call of duty which are clearly rated M. Its non stop. I went to see the hangover yesterday and there was a mom with a bunch of like 8 year olds, now come on. These kids are barely old enough to do crap by themselves, and theyre pissing off other people. And, i hate to say it, but i agree with you dev'r. microsoft needs to figure out how to either match us up better, or keep them from playing mature games.

EDIT:
What if they made it so that you had to be 18 to play the M games on xbox live? then that would make this a lot easier and kids wouldn't be buggin the *Merda* Outta us.

*check italian dictionary for english translation
And how are you going to enforce that, although it is definitely a good idea? Many kids' parents would still buy them the games and the XBox Live subscription.
Svakk wrote:
What if they made it so that you had to be 18 to play the M games on xbox live? then that would make this a lot easier and kids wouldn't be buggin the *Merda* Outta us.

*check italian dictionary for english translation

M-rated games are actually 17+.

What we need is either the European-based rating system, or the ESRB needs to hurry up and start using their T+ rating (15+). Better yet, plaster *MUST BE 17 OR OLDER* all over the box like they did with Conker's Bad Fur Day to get parents' attention.

Personally, I don't have a problem with kids playing M-rated games (that should be up to the parents, but since they don't do their job as parents they end up whining to publishers for releasing such content which was clearly not suited for their child in the first place), but when they go online and interfere with MY gameplay, we have a massive problem.

Also, I think it's implied that with M-rated games (being directed at older players), an increased skill-level is assumed, so if you're 10 years old playing an M-rated game, you sure as hell better be able to keep up.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

reminds me of this fake...
[/youtube]
Note that the cat runs away from him at 1:08.
rthprog wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

reminds me of this fake...
[/youtube]

That is entirely accurate of these kids' behavior.

Another thing that annoys me: Kids asking "does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? does anyone have a mic? DOES ANYONE HAVE A GODDAMN MIC?!?!?!?!"

Quickest way to get teamkilled.
Most clans have age restrictions for this very reason.

Little kids suck to play with.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Most clans have age restrictions for this very reason.

Little kids suck to play with.

I'm going to have to stay off Live until school starts up again for them :/
KermMartian wrote:
And how are you going to enforce that, although it is definitely a good idea? Many kids' parents would still buy them the games and the XBox Live subscription.
The parents my buy the Subscription, but the kids birthday is still on the account - more than likely. Disable M-Rated [online] play for underage kids. It's simple and effective.

Also, the language that a lot of players use online is awful. The parents don't seem to ever hear their kids screaming those words (as well as the words back over the TV if it's not going though a headset) and don't care to look at what game is being played.

Though, the "Chocolate Milk Kid" is classic.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
The parents my buy the Subscription, but the kids birthday is still on the account - more than likely. Disable M-Rated [online] play for underage kids. It's simple and effective.

That's so easy to bypass there's no point in it even being there.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Also, the language that a lot of players use online is awful. The parents don't seem to ever hear their kids screaming those words (as well as the words back over the TV if it's not going though a headset) and don't care to look at what game is being played.

The language can be colorful and hilarious at times, but for little kids their vocabulary is so tiny all they manage to say is "omg ur such a faegit" and "stop kilin me you n00bz"

Perfect example:

comicIDIOT wrote:

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That's so easy to bypass there's no point in it even being there.

comicIDIOT wrote:

The language can be colorful and hilarious at times, but for little kids their vocabulary is so tiny all they manage to say is "omg ur such a faegit" and "stop kilin me you n00bz"

Perfect example:

comicIDIOT wrote:

I hate this censored. I was just playing modern warfare on live and some kid that sounds like hes six comes out of friggen nowhere and thinks hes so cool, so i bust a cap in his censored. The kids starts freaking out "You censored!" "Why you kill me censored!" I almost pissed myself, it was sooo funny. You know what was best? when me and the rest of my clan came in and blew up that censored. I think you should be able to report someone if there's like a 3 year old playin an M game. But ya know, stupid Gates probably would pull some crap about how its bad for buisness and whatnot.

Ugh. I will work this out someday. :/
Svakk wrote:
But ya know, stupid Gates probably would pull some crap about how its bad for buisness and whatnot.

FYI, Gates no longer runs Microsoft.

Also, your avatar and language scream "14 year old punk kid" to me.
I would like to add that while mandatory age restrictions on who can play M-Games online (assuming a feasible way to enforce said restrictions was found) may seem like a good idea, I would not support it. That is essentially needless censorship and goes against a lot of the ideals of the United States (I'm pretty sure Ashcroft versus ACLU or some other case like that ruled that obscenity should be left to local standards).

I just don't like the idea of forced censorship in any situation and I think it tends to ruin a lot of things.

While I can agree that 10-year olds should not be playing M-games (back when I was 10, my parents almost did not let me get Age of Empires since it was rated T) on Xbox-live, I think a better solution would be for Microsoft to add a rating option when you do live games (Although this might increase the time it takes to find players on some games) so you are guaranteed to not be playing crappy 10-year olds (if you are playing 10-year olds, then at least they would be good 10-year olds).

The other idea is to educate parents about what the rating system actually means and convince them that their genius kid is not able to handle everything in the world, which is what ESRB is trying to do with stuff like their new E10+ rating. This is very non-trivial to do and then it essentially becomes the problem of convincing parents to not "spoil" their children.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Svakk wrote:
But ya know, stupid Gates probably would pull some crap about how its bad for buisness and whatnot.

Haha okay then.
Svakk wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Svakk wrote:

Haha okay then.

I'll give him 15, with a mitigating factor of half punctuation.
Note to all 10 year-olds playing CoD:WaW on Live: YOU ARE NOT RAMBO!

Srsly, I don't want to spend an entire campaign playing Corpsman for your sorry ass Mad
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours