So I just found this awesome socat utility that connects a stream to another stream. One of the given examples is connecting a TCP stream to a serial port with the command:

Code:
socat tcp4-listen:3333 /dev/ttyS0,raw,echo=0,crnl

It occurred to me that one might use this to connect to /dev/usbdev* in order to send a raw TCP or UDP stream to a USB cable... and from there to a calculator? Possibly there could exist software on that calculator to handle a TCP/UDP stream? Disclaimer: I am no longer a programmer, and so I have no clue what I am talking about.

Discuss.

Unrelated 2: tifreak8x, I stole your avatar. It's just too awesome to pass up.

If you're reading this, get a life.
brainiac256 wrote:
It occurred to me that one might use this to connect to /dev/usbdev* in order to send a raw TCP or UDP stream to a USB cable... and from there to a calculator? Possibly there could exist software on that calculator to handle a TCP/UDP stream? Disclaimer: I am no longer a programmer, and so I have no clue what I am talking about.

You're right, you have no clue what you're talking about; USB doesn't work that way.
Interesting concept and find, but UD's right, it doesn't quite work that way Razz
Screw you. I just inflated the page a couple times to see the last line of that post.
elfprince13 wrote:
Screw you. I just inflated the page a couple times to see the last line of that post.

Idiot, just quote him and read it without formatting Razz

Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Unrelated: KermMartian has informed me that he is actively seeking douche status. Please disregard his rampant vandalism.

Pardon??

Preserved for random epicness.
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah, silly Smile

Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Unrelated: KermMartian has informed me that he is actively seeking douche status. Please disregard his rampant vandalism.

Pardon??

ROTFL
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah, silly Smile

Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Pardon??

ROTFL

I just quote what people say and I don't add anything useful to it.
ZagorNBK wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah, silly Smile

Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Pardon??

ROTFL

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah, silly Smile

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Pardon??

ROTFL

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.

Double quote pyramid?!?
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah, silly Smile

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm Martian wrote:
brainiac256 wrote:

Pardon??

ROTFL

Double quote pyramid?!?

Indeed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours