Chipmaster wrote:
When you release Beta 2 plz give me a link so I can try it out as well. Also I have a question. To create the scrolling text on the top of the menu did you just have to text( it to the left one space at a time or was a much more complex algorith involved. I was just wondering because it was a very impressive feature that I'd like to incorpoorate in future programs.

to be more specific was it like:

Code:

0->A
While not(A
94->X
While not(A and X>0
getkey->A
Text(X,0,"WHATEVER"
X-1->X
End
End

or did you have to adjust for individual characters. I was just wondering, I don't want to steal your code, but it looked so nice Smile

Thanks, yes, it is proprietary. I used a variable-based algorithm though, so it could be used in any other program. Perhaps I should publish that separately as a routine on ticalc.org?

@Rivereye: Ordinarily I'd agree, but I wanted to really up the gfx quality in Brix Builder from a regular run-of-the-mill BASIC prog.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks, yes, it is proprietary. I used a variable-based algorithm though, so it could be used in any other program. Perhaps I should publish that separately as a routine on ticalc.org?

umm...its in basic, just hit ON at that point to interupt it, and have it jump to the source. thats the beauty of ti-basic, forced open source Rolling Eyes
Yea, well I prefer to ask people before rooting through there code Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

umm...its in basic, just hit ON at that point to interupt it, and have it jump to the source. thats the beauty of ti-basic, forced open source Rolling Eyes

...except when it's read-locked, although DCS5Pro easily unlocks such progs. Smile

And thanks or the respect, Chip.
i prefer to use calcsys (or TI-graphlink), but either way, same thing happens

Anyway, i only feel the need to ask someone if i can USE their code, no reason to ask permission just to READ the code, as that is implied if they release it Wink
True, that makes sense.
I guess, whatever works for you. I use Calcsys for unlocking. I've had longer and it is an app, but I still like Doors
...which is one of the main reasons I want to App DCS6, so people will keep it longer.
well, RAM resets also won't be a problem
Laughing Very true.
When will you app Doors Question I hope soon because I need to app one of my programs and it seems noone else here has any z80 asm or apping experience Evil or Very Mad
go to #tiasm on EFNet, it is a channel dedicated to TI Asmembly, so the name says, huh
Well, someone offered to write the app changes into the current DCS5, so it won't be until I finish and publish DCS5.5 that I start experimenting with it in app form.
oooh...

yeah...go to #tiasm, and type in "!dubya"... and hope phrenia brought seidior... hilarious stuff right there...

anyway... i would make the changes, but i wouldnt know where to start... mainly since i know no ASM...
That's ok - it's 1. not done yet and 2. I've got someone. Smile
Alex, I've seen the seldior thing, it is sweet.

Kerm: On a scale of 1-10, one being no brainer, 10 being geting a brain annerysiam, how hard wuold converting DCS to an app be for you.

Also, bug I found in Brix Builder: if you change a brick, the screen doesn't go away, and if you change the view, then I get an invalid Dim errror (aka press a number on the number pad)
But the numpad isn't changing the view, it's scrolling the view (?)
Can you reproduce the error?
yes I can, when you change bricks, after you press enter, press a number on the pad after the page loads
I hear ya, thanks, I'll check it out.
yeah, If I come across others, I will let you know.

Also, I hope this is finalized soon, people saw me playing it today, and a few want it, but I told them that this is a limited beta release to Cemetech Member only. (You say in the splash screen that it is not for public distro)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours