The latest in my development ventures has lead me back to where I started: web design. Accompanied by nostalgia, web development is my home. After some simple brainstorms and such, I decided to throw together a simple design for meh website.

Due to lack of inspiration within the past few months, I've been unable to come up with a decent design to share. I'm hoping that has changed and I'm looking forward to reading some constructive criticism, tips, and maybe even a few compliments here and there for my recent work.

The design is incredibly simple, and in picture format as I am yet to slice it up and piece it together as an actual HTML design.

Let me know your thoughts on this design if you will and constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated. I'm quite a beginner when it comes to design, but I envy those who have the gift Smile

Here's the design: http://tr.im/BJLv

Latest HTML Revision: http://swivelgames.com/templates/latest-111709/index.php
That looks awesome! hmmm, I can't really think of anything to say for criticism
Teehee, you took my idea of AJAXification and stole SAX! Very Happy Nicely done, you made it look better. Now for actually coding it up before you get a new design idea. Wink
Hehe definitely Razz

Always have to have my knock-off version of SAX Laughing
Swivel, that looks amazing!
elfprince13 wrote:
Swivel, that looks amazing!
w000t! lol Smile

Today I'm working on exporting all the layers and such and actually putting the design in to an HTML template Smile

We'll see how much different it looks in HTML form Razz
Hopefully, with my experience in doing this at work, it won't look any different. haha.
Looks pretty nice. I should have you design a template for my site.
I'm more of a backend-code sort of guy. Cool
Its reversed. Flip it, y0
The Tari wrote:
Looks pretty nice. I should have you design a template for my site.
I'm more of a backend-code sort of guy. Cool
Hah, wow, thanks Razz

I'd love to do a design for you when I have the spare time to Smile

Shoot me a PM sometime and I'll see what I can do Razz hehe. Most of that was just off the top of my head, no real planning.
I started working on sewing it together and it seems to be working out quite nicely. The only part I was truly afraid of was the search icon, and I found I was able to overcome that obsticle quite easily, though not without a sample of difficulty.

Many aspects of the page are yet to be designed or scripted, but for the most part it's all HTML and CSS.

The top right corner contains a button labeled ACP. Click it and it will display an IMAGE of how the ACP will look. Nothing in that window is functional, sorry Wink hehe. That's the latest addition to the whole design and I'd love to hear your opinions on it. Razz

So, for now let me know what you think of the HTML version of the design, and don't hold back your suggestions or tips Smile

Check it out here: http://swivelgames.no-ip.org:8081/site/template/index.php

I'm actually quite surprised this is turning out so well, seeing as I'm technically colorblind :/
swivelgames wrote:
I started working on sewing it together and it seems to be working out quite nicely. The only part I was truly afraid of was the search icon, and I found I was able to overcome that obsticle quite easily, though not without a sample of difficulty.

Many aspects of the page are yet to be designed or scripted, but for the most part it's all HTML and CSS.

The top right corner contains a button labeled ACP. Click it and it will display an IMAGE of how the ACP will look. Nothing in that window is functional, sorry Wink hehe. That's the latest addition to the whole design and I'd love to hear your opinions on it. Razz

So, for now let me know what you think of the HTML version of the design, and don't hold back your suggestions or tips Smile

Check it out here: http://swivelgames.no-ip.org:8081/site/template/index.php

I'm actually quite surprised this is turning out so well, seeing as I'm technically colorblind :/
Ooooh, I really like that ACP mockup (although even with your warning I must admit that I clicked the "hide" button on the acp more times than I should have Razz). Does your color blindness explain why you usually make themes that are grayscale with touches of blue?
Ugly.
KermMartian wrote:
Ooooh, I really like that ACP mockup (although even with your warning I must admit that I clicked the "hide" button on the acp more times than I should have Razz). Does your color blindness explain why you usually make themes that are grayscale with touches of blue?

Thanks Smile

The colorblindness probably has a lot to do with me liking blue. As well as people calling my blue designs purple Laughing

Another problem I have is this: does the green in the Enabled look the same as the red in Disabled to you? Because they look like the exact same color to me. The only reason I know which is green and which is red is because I saw the difference when I was choosing the color from the colorwheel, either that or if I zoom in reallly far. I don't think I'm completely color blind because I can see green, and I can see red. But there are many many times when I have a hard time, or flat out just can't distinguish between them.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Ugly.

YES! Very Happy
The green and red look fine to me.
Glad to hear it Smile

How's the rest of the design?
I like it.
swivelgames wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Thanks Smile

The colorblindness probably has a lot to do with me liking blue. As well as people calling my blue designs purple 0x5

Another problem I have is this: does the green in the Enabled look the same as the red in Disabled to you? Because they look like the exact same color to me. The only reason I know which is green and which is red is because I saw the difference when I was choosing the color from the colorwheel, either that or if I zoom in reallly far. I don't think I'm completely color blind because I can see green, and I can see red. But there are many many times when I have a hard time, or flat out just can't distinguish between them.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Ugly.

YES! Very Happy

Can you differentiate between stoplights or do you just go whenever you please? Razz
I don't hit the other drivers as their passing through at the same time, if thats what you mean Laughing

Just updated the popup box a bit. Slowly transforming it to an actual design Smile

Look at this for the latest mockup of the ACP window if you can't see anything on the template page: http://swivelgames.no-ip.org:8081/site/template/images/acp_window.png Smile
I see this site is fairly elaborate; what exactly is it for?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours