I know me and Hiryu has been idle for a few years now, but we feel the time has come to finally finish off a few projects. First, let’s start with Legend of Landel.

If you don't know what Legend of Landel is, pretty much it's the Duke Nukem Forever of Ti calculator RPG's, spanning almost 10 years of on and off development and rewrites with a game engine dev time to match. If you been to my site or at bluecrimson.com at one point this decade and seen me post something about a "Slayers engine" that I was working on, it's basically being designed for this game.

Game wise, it was the sequel of Mystic Legend 92.

Recently we decided to get back into the game and start programming again to finally get this project finished. Originally, there was a project to make ML89, and once we released that, then we would work on Landel from there since it referenced the ML92 story so much that anyone who never played Mystic Legend would be lost in Landel. Instead, we decided to incorporate the entire ML89 storyline into Legend of Landel. This will be a huge game. Easily the largest we have ever created and will have a storyline larger than all of me and Hiryu's RPG's combined. It will also be one of the most graphical games we have ever made, with tons of hand drawn sprites, maps, and game effects that you would expect from us.

To top it all off, Hiryu has also decided to remake one of his older RPG's, Bubblegum Crisis: Nene's adventures. If you've never played this RPG, you might want to wait awhile, since the new one will be a complete rewrite of the old game.

Anyway, if you want more information, go to http://www.bluecrimson.com and check out the posts on the front page. There’s a lot of information on what we've been up to over the past couple of days.
Just curious, what is your signature from?
tifreak8x wrote:
Just curious, what is your signature from?

http://fryedsoft.bluecrimson.com/sig.gif
Actually, thats old animation from Legend of Landel graphics build 2. I believe that was part of the ending. Since most of it is being redone in Graphics Build 3, I decided to make a sig out of it.

As a side note, a lot of unreleased stuff gets displayed as my sig.

Hiryu's sig on our site has the startup intro for ML89.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
http://fryedsoft.bluecrimson.com/sig.gif

If you were trying to be funny, you weren't.

If you were trying to be helpful, you're an idiot.
All of the animation was done roughly 8~9 years ago - so its not going to be used for the game. Since my art style has changed alittle bit and in my opinion has improved - I will be making new animations for the game. I don't know if its even an option to add animations to the game due to the large amount of pictures going into it already, but I will do an animated opening anyway and when everything is done - me and Fryedsoft can decide whether including it is a possibility.
I know I haven't been very active in other forums as of late but I figure I give a heads up on whats been going on.

Project 1: Legends of Landel - Has been my main focus over the last couple of months & has been on a constant on & off working project. After alot of discussion with Fryedsoft & hammering out the game mechanics - it was decided that L o L89 will be a multi-part/disc game.

Project 2: BGC: Nene's Adventure2 - This project has been a personal side project that has been rewritten from the ground up. When I got tired of drawing hundreds of pictures - I worked on this to break things up. I recently switched my focus back to this project since Fryedsoft's free time has been claimed by his own personal Hell.

If you need more details - check the threads out over at the bluecrimson forums & say 'hi' or something. *shameless plug*

-peace
I'm always impressed by your monochrome pixel-art talents Very Happy
I set aside this weekend for working on BGCv2 - hopefully with the allotted time I have - things will get moving & I will either have come close to a finished version or at least something Beta test worthy. I will update BlueCrimson.com as I have more updates for this project all weekend.
hiryu wrote:
I set aside this weekend for working on BGCv2 - hopefully with the allotted time I have - things will get moving & I will either have come close to a finished version or at least something Beta test worthy. I will update BlueCrimson.com as I have more updates for this project all weekend.

wewt. wewt. wewt.
Well my weekend push is technically over - but I think I am going to keep going >_<

Some of the basic things I changed:

1. Alot of the ingame system menus have been replaced with custom hand drawn interfaces.

2. Text based menus & stat boxes have been replaced as well.

3.Revamped the Victory! & LevelUp windows & system.

That is the outline of all the updates - detailed information can be found here: http://www.bluecrimson.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1255233175/s-15/
Whoa, that's pretty epic, Hiryu. I'm also happy to see that BlueCrimson is still kicking around. I hope you'll keep us updated on development progress.
Well I decided that most in-game TI-89 popup menus will be replaced by hand drawn ones. I know this will take up extra memory - but if figure if its gonna be done - make it look pretty >_<

Some more screen shot updates:

- Update -

Finally got to start working on the storyline itself - here is the demo screen of the story prog in action.

Hiryu, I really like those custom popups, they do indeed add a lot of flair. Forgive me if it's a stupid question, but what's the quick-and-dirty summary of the plotline?
If your a BGC(Bubblegum Crisis 2032) fan - its going to be using characters from that anime & instead of the Knight Sabers(team of 4), it will be just Nene taking care of the crisis.

Nene must solve the recent increase in rogue boomer activity & protect the peace of MegaTokyo. To help her in this dilemma, she will have Leon & Daley(from the ADPolice) assisting her as well as Mackie(from Raven's Garage).

In summary - heroine needs to find solution - eventually leads to discovering a villain behind it. Heroine eventually will have a final confrontation with villain. Simple run down of plot Razz

**Update**

Well to summarize this update - ALL TI-89 popup menus have been removed & replaced with their own GUI or icon..etc.etc.
Found more bugs - fixed em. Finally I can say I am down to 2 major things I have to complete to have a working beta:

1. Enemy/Game Balancing

2. Story/Arc Game Progression

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours